A article on the Scarab

alleycat

Yes nofretz that's him.

Nice to know some more details about the Miami Vice reunion, apparently in November???

Would be interesting to see, if he accomplishes that, I mean it would be about time. :fireworks:

"In addition to Thunder on the Beach, Martino said the Legend made a stop to an assisted-living facility in Cocoa Beach."

Wait, are they saying Miami Vice fans are old?  :D  

Be careful with this guy Martino (a scam artist).

He's the same guy who less a month after buying JN's car had it down it Miami at the 'Miami Boat Show' saying that HIS Daytona was the REAL car from the TV show.  That is outright FRAUD 

This article is about the same guy discussed in the thread below (and in another thread) who drew some attention about his car misrepresentations ( he owns JN's car) as well as some on his boat. Scarab KV also has one of the series driven boats and has some great observations about the boat in this article. 

As to his promise of a cast reunion, hm well I'm looking for flying pigs. :)

1 minute ago, nofretz said:

I thought Jurassic Narc's car was one of the actual Daytonas. 

Nope, just a very well done replica. In fact a one of a kind replica that is probably the closest thing out there to duplicating one of the series driven cars.

CameraDaytona has Car 4 and the Volo Museum has Car 1 that were the only cars driven in the series.

JN's car was NOT the car from the show.    I actually flew down to Atlanta and drove his as I had considered buying it.  It was nice....but I was/am looking for something more "perfect".

2 minutes ago, Mvice8489 said:

JN's car was NOT the car from the show.

Oh, okay. Sorry for the confusion. Did he ever claim that it was? 

3 minutes ago, nofretz said:

Oh, okay. Sorry for the confusion. Did he ever claim that it was? 

Noooooo.  JN is a straight shooter and even gave Martino the history of his car. He actually commented on this in the link I posted above.

The false claims came from Martino.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

2 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Noooooo.  JN is a straight shooter and even gave Martino the history of his car. He actually commented on this in the link I posted above.

Gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up for me. So wasn't there someone on here a few years back that had one of THE Daytonas with Universal Studios on the title, a stunt brake, camera mount holes, etc.?

10 minutes ago, nofretz said:

Gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up for me. So wasn't there someone on here a few years back that had one of THE Daytonas with Universal Studios on the title, a stunt brake, camera mount holes, etc.?

I think you may be referring to the Car Chaser TV show from 2014 where the host claimed to have a "multi millon dollar" Daytona driven on the series, and he even manipulated/cajoled/coerced Tom McBurnie into agreeing with him on the show. Here's the thread below: Funny though he was the same guy who first sold Car  1 to Volo under the auspices that it was the other Genuine Daytona in the series, and then turned around in this show and claimed he had yet another series driven Daytona....LOL. And ultimately Car 1 at Volo was proven out to be the genuine article via a hidden VIN number.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

1 hour ago, nofretz said:

So wasn't there someone on here a few years back that had one of THE Daytonas with Universal Studios on the title, a stunt brake, camera mount holes, etc.?

Am I thinking of the "CameraDaytona" guy from the link you posted? (GREAT thread btw--thanks!)

Edited by nofretz

2 minutes ago, nofretz said:

Am I thinking of the "CameraDaytona" guy from the link you posted? (GREAT thread btw--thanks!)

Hm maybe but I thought you were aware CameraDaytona is a member in here who has owned Car 4 for many years. His car certainly has those characteristics you mention, and he does have documentation for his car proving it was series driven. I thought you were referring to a pretender who claimed to have some of these characteristics. If you look back in this forum you will see discussions about a number of Daytona pretenders over the years who claimed to own one of the show cars. The Car Chasers show was particularly noteworthy because the host really pulled out all stops to try and persuade the viewers he had the genuine article. But he does not. As CameraDaytona commented in that thread, it is likely he has one of the cars driven in the Speed Zone movie, but he does not have one of the Vice cars.

1 hour ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Hm maybe but I thought you were aware CameraDaytona is a member in here who has owned Car 4 for many years. His car certainly has those characteristics you mention, and he does have documentation for his car proving it was series driven.

Okay, I got it now! :) Thanks for hanging in there with me, Sonny-Burnett. 

Alleycat, please forgive me for derailing this thread! At least I learned some new things about the Daytonas. The article you posted was certainly news to me, and I'd def drive down for a proper reunion! Thanks for sharing it!

Edited by nofretz
  • Like 1

No apologies I enjoy reading about the Daytona since I love that car also was just sharing this article. 

I guess lots of scam artists and dishonest people out there a crying shame in my book.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

I think you may be referring to the Car Chaser TV show from 2014 where the host claimed to have a "multi millon dollar" Daytona driven on the series, and he even manipulated/cajoled/coerced Tom McBurnie into agreeing with him on the show. Here's the thread below: Funny though he was the same guy who first sold Car  1 to Volo under the auspices that it was the other Genuine Daytona in the series, and then turned around in this show and claimed he had yet another series driven Daytona....LOL. And ultimately Car 1 at Volo was proven out to be the genuine article via a hidden VIN number.

and I should mention I kinda thought just by the way the body looked that it was car 1 really, like their was just certain things about it that seemed to line up with what my eyes had seen of it in the show, the front end, the way it sat, certain minor touches on the body and those zenith wire wheel caps

its just that alot had changed since vice, given its work in the speedzone movie, like I think honestly the only real piece left from the interior is the steering wheel driveshaft thing, as it had a rough interior to begin with, so naturally that changed over time.

and then it turns out it had the vin thing going on, like son of a btich, it is car 1 lol and I guess maybe he thought he could get lucky and strike it twice.

• Like 1