Pets?

Lar

So, any pet lovers here? Whatcha got? Pics are always great.We (my brother and I) have two turtles between the two of us:Eingefügtes BildThis is the big Red Eared Slider we've had for a few years. He does NOT like to be picked up. His shell is in much better shape than it appears here (it's trying to shed).Eingefügtes BildAnd this is the baby Yellow Bellied Slider (or maybe a YB Cooter, they're practically identical, apparently). Much more people friendly. And hyper. Unfortunately, RES Turtles are very territorial, so these guys can't live together.

My mom won't let me post pics of our pets, always worried about something happening to them. I have a Labrador Retriever, golden blonde named Harley, doesn't act as much as a Labrador, shoot a gun, he takes off running, he probably won't hunt animals unless they were already cooked and put on a bun. The other one's a collie chow and Labrador mix, she's jet black, we named her Bear but mostly answers to Missy, she thinks she's Bettie Davis incarnate.

2 cats, I'll post pics later. Sooty is a black and white moggie, Pickle (full name Princess Crystal Pickle) is a light-brown Burmese. Sooty is the girl that keeps all 17 of my next-door neighbours cats in line, Pickle just glares at them.

I´ve got two dogs, Hovawarte, named Alvaro and Ilvy. The Hovawart is a very old, long haired German breed. My dogs are black with brown faces and legs.Alvaro is really cool. One can fire a gun next to him and wouldn´t move his eyebrows.Ilvy is more afraid. In a report for our dogs club I had written that I´m thinking about learning self - defense because if we were attacked someone should rescue the dog.Both would never hunt other animals and they are very friendly to other people and other dogs.

• 3 weeks later...
Pets?No, thanks. Not if I can avoid them.The position of girlfriend is still unfilled. That takes priority for the time being. A girlfriend who comes with a pet? Ehhh - I'll have to think about that. The hotness of the girl could change my mind. And, no, I have never done the "take someone else's dog for a walk in the dog park to pick up women" thing. Has this ever worked for any guy out there?

• Administrators
Pets?No" data-date=" thanks. Not if I can avoid them.The position of girlfriend is still unfilled. That takes priority for the time being. [B">

A girlfriend who comes with a pet? Ehhh - I'll have to think about that. The hotness of the girl could change my mind. And, no, I have never done the "take someone else's dog for a walk in the dog park to pick up women" thing. Has this ever worked for any guy out there?

Ditto, except it's kids not pets for me. :evil:Too many problems with someone else's kids. BTDT! NO THANKS! (Of course there are ALWAYS exceptions to this rule. :p)

• 2 months later...
Pets?No' date=' thanks. Not if I can avoid them.The position of girlfriend is still unfilled. That takes priority for the time being. A girlfriend who comes with a pet? Ehhh - I'll have to think about that. The hotness of the girl could change my mind. And, no, I have never done the "take someone else's dog for a walk in the dog park to pick up women" thing. Has this ever worked for any guy out there?[/quote']I personally would never do it. Cleaning up dog poop from someone elses dog is not my idea of a fun time, especially if it is a yappy little carpet crawler or a big galoot of a dog yanking on the leash constantly! I had a very handsome dog (I'll post pics later) part Shepard, part Husky, and he was very well trained (by me!)Well let me tell you...what an ice breaker! Women flock to see cute dogs that are well behaved and act on command. I used to take the dog everywhere with me. He would sit in the back of my pickup and I would go for ice cream for example, and drop the tailgait. I would put out my hand and say "Stay" and my dog would sit on the tailgate while i went inside to buy icecream. I would get two icecreams, one for me and a vanilla for him and come sit on the tailgate. I would be eating mine and spinning his in my other hand. He licked frantically and sat beside me the whole time. Children would gather...it was quite a show actually. Then the girls would gather and say "Ahhhhhhhhhhh so cute" and then it was showtime. Tricks galore...He loved to perform. The dog was hardly ever on a leash (not cool these days) and he was extremely obedient to my commands. A very well mannered dog for sure....................I miss my dog immensely. He was my best friend ever! It's been fifteen years now and I can't seem to bring myself to get another one. I had the dog for fifteen years, longer than I had any relationship with a woman!:cheers: