Miami Vice Action Stunt Show Spectacular

CROCKETT83

Loved it!  Saw it 3-4 times over the years.  Last time in 1990-91.  Really dug the instrumental music they played when the audience would file in.  Spent years trying to find it.  YEARS.  For a long time (pre-Internet forums) I thought it was a version of or riff on Hans Zimmer's "Leaving Wallbrook" from Rain Man.  (Closest thing that matched my memory.)

Then I'm watching "Stone's War last year on Netflix.  And holy S!  There's the music!  "Lives in the Balance" by Jackson Browne.  The sound techs at Universal just looped up the instrumental interludes from that tune.  

The last-ever show, before Universal closed it down, was on YouTube.  Watched it a month or so ago.   Still awesome.

Thank god for youtube! I saw it twice in 1992, one in the day time (first show) then at night (last show). I love the climatic helicopter ending, it wouldnt be an action show without it.

There's a Topic on this stunt show...........somewhere. ,It was controversial, as far as I remember.

It was controversial because in our previous Miami Vice forum one guy kept posting about it obsessively.  Anyway, this thread is the main discussion here including a video of the final performance:

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/2648-miami-vice-action-spectacular/

Edited by airtommy