Website OFFLINE

Ell.a

• Administrators

Dies ist eine Übersetzung von Tim's Thread von heute früh. Er bat mich, seine Nachricht ins Deutsche zu überstzen.

"Vermutlich habt ihr mitbekommen, dass unsere Seite heute offline war. Das ist passiert, weil wir das für unseren Account zulässige Datenvolumen (Traffic) übeschritten haben.

Ich habe mit unserem Webhoster gesprochen und einige Settings in unserem Account aktiviert, die so etwas in Zukunft verhindern sollen. Die andere Option wäre, unseren Account in den nächst höheren Tarif zu upgraden. Das würde aber 50$ im Monat mehr kosten. :thumbsdown:

Wir müssen nun von Monat zu Monat schauen, wie sich alles entwickelt.

Vielen Dank für eure Unterstützung.
Wenn es euch nicht geben würde, würde es keine Meldung wegen überschrittenem Datenvolumen geben.

;)

• Ell.a pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, airtommy said:

Thread titles are suddenly all vertical, like this:

Website OFFLINE

??  It's not happening on my computer.  

• Administrators
8 hours ago, airtommy said:

Website OFFLINE

I'm not getting this issue either.

Try deleting your browsers cache and cookies.

• Administrators

Not happening to me either on iPad or iPhone right now. Never saw this one before.

5 hours ago, James said:

I'm not getting this issue either.

Try deleting your browsers cache and cookies.

I did that, and also restarted my computer.  the issue is unchanged.  This is OS X with Safari 5.0.6, no problems until yesterday

• Administrators

Does it do it on your phone or other devise?

What are you using, Windows, Mac...?

Did you update something? Nothing changed on our end I'm aware of and no one else is reporting this.

• Administrators

I'm using an IPad 2 with version 9.3.2 now.

Humm.....are you guys in the US? 

I don't what to say guys?

Hmm, I'm not experiencing this either on my Windows 7 Laptop or Android 6.01 device. Perhaps post a screen capture?

In the past when I've had issues with sites or forum display it was usually related to cache. Did you already Delete Browsing History?

Edit: Also, missing updates to the  OS software also can cause issues.

For the admins, are there any browser add-on incompatibilities with the forum software that could be removed or deselected?

On an unrelated subject, is anyone choosing to upgrade to Windows 10 during the free upgrade window?

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

I'm in the US and not experiencing this issue.

Sonny-Burnett, I upgraded to Windows 10 last summer when it was first available.  My HP Pavilion g laptop, purchased in 2012 with Windows 7, has not given me any problems since the upgrade.  I'm not very techie but all of the software I was using before has continued to work just as well as before.  My husband did the upgrade and had no end of trouble with Quicken, and he ended up re-downloading Windows 7 and getting rid of Windows 10.  I don't use Quicken but from other people I have also heard that some software struggles with Windows 10.  And so it may depend on whether your version(s) of software are too old to work with W10 (?).  Or maybe not...

I'm very satisfied but I know of others who aren't.

I bought a laptop with Windows 8.1.  It was terrible so I loaded Windows 7 and have avoided Windows 10 like the plague.  MS has a bad track record with new editions.  As my computer tech said, unless you are a gamer, Windows 7 is the best and really all you need.  

Edited by miamijimf

I was totally satisfied with Windows 7 :)  But my brother, who works as a senior programmer, says "you might as well always accept the upgrade, because they're going to stop supporting that older version you like..."  I was also 100% satisfied with XP (note again, I am not a techie or a gamer and so probably don't really need some of the bells and whistles).  

But I'm glad I don't still have XP since it's no longer supported and actually my work computer is XP (with IE8) and we are having quite a bit of trouble with some sites we need to use.   Windows 10 has satisfied me very well so far (but I'm not anxious to make another change any time soon ;))  I've heard nothing but bad about Windows 8 and am glad I skipped that version, so "upgrades" aren't always a good thing!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the input on Upgrading to Windows 10. I decided to keep Windows 7 on my 6 year old laptop because I read a number of blogs about Upgrade issues including slower speed, software incompatibility risks, and that any underlying issues with the W7 OS could be magnified in W10. Of course doing a clean install may prevent many of these issues but I did not want to reinstall all my programs and find that some will not work anyway with W10. W7 will be supported through 2020 in any case and by then I expect my laptop will have been retired. :)  So what did I do...I bought a larger 17 inch ASUS touchscreen with W10 preinstalled so I will begin using that in tandem with my older W7 laptop.

On another note I want to take the opportunity to GIVE A BIG THANKS TO timm525 for all that he does to support this site, including the time and expense of maintaining it, dealing with bots and software changes, and other various headaches associated with dealing with webhosting companies.  Tim, your work is definitely APPRECIATED!!!  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On July 9, 2016 at 0:39 AM, airtommy said:

Website OFFLINE

Suddenly this problem has been fixed!

• Administrators
1 hour ago, airtommy said:

now the problem is back

I get it too now, but only on the mobile theme so it might be something with that. Not sure what the problem is though, so I'm afraid I can't fix it. :/