Any websites for Vice style clothing

MTVcops

Have you tried searching eBay for vintage Versace items already? Kind of pricey though. Lots of vintage clothing collectors out there. 

Also, that old behind the scenes MV paperback has a whole chapter dedicated to the fashion of the show, complete with interviews of the costume designer(s?). Many of the designer names are mentioned in great detail. 

Am I answering the correct question, or are you wanting to buy new items at retail stores? Stores like Forever 21, H&M, and even Hollister (great selection of henley tees) have a lot of 80s summer looks this time of year. 

Edited by nofretz

• Administrators

I think eBay is your best bet. You can find almost anything you're looking for on there. Most of it is cheap Chinese, but it's the best you can do these days.

You can also try asos.com maybe. I think I've seen some pastel coloured blazers on there. And they have Hollister branded Henley's which are mentioned in the above post.

I'm not an online shopper though, I occasionally find one or two pieces of Vice-style clothing in random stores when I go shopping, but no one store which has it all.

I would just go to the JC penny, as they seem to have some vice styled colors there, as it seems like everything 80's based is coming back into style.

4 hours ago, nofretz said:

Have you tried searching eBay for vintage Versace items already? Kind of pricey though. Lots of vintage clothing collectors out there. 

Also, that old behind the scenes MV paperback has a whole chapter dedicated to the fashion of the show, complete with interviews of the costume designer(s?). Many of the designer names are mentioned in great detail. 

Am I answering the correct question, or are you wanting to buy new items at retail stores? Stores like Forever 21, H&M, and even Hollister (great selection of henley tees) have a lot of 80s summer looks this time of year. 

Thnx for the info, where can I find the behind the scenes MV paperback with designer name brands?

While I confirm ebay as the number one resource, I'd have a look to Cubavera items too. A couple of years ago I bought this vicey blazer. I just wore it once, cause that's no longer my style, but I can assure you guys it had quite an effect ;-)

sc2.jpg

Edited by Jerry B.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MTVcops said:

Thnx for the info, where can I find the behind the scenes MV paperback with designer name brands?

It's out of print, but I've seen them on eBay. It has lots of great info about nearly every facet of the show. 

7 hours ago, MTVcops said:

The book is "The Making of Miami Vice" by Trish Janeschutz and Rob MacGregor.  There is one chapter about the fashions used on the show.  Do a Google Search, you can get a digital version for about $4.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0345336690/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AC1V78Q/

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, jenny said:

I think it would be cool to find some outfits like Trudy and Gina!:)

They always wore the cutest outfits!

Have you tried etsy.com?

Yeah there's all kinds of 80s trend things on there. If you come up with anything, share it with us. :thumbsup:

I bought my white blazer off of Amazon and that's very Vicey.. they have a few Vice style clothing. :)

• 2 weeks later...

A few months ago I was in Marshall's, a dept. store that sells name-brand clothes at non-name brand prices, and picked up not 1, not 2, but 4 pairs of pants that definitely fit with the Vice/Crockett look, and they were all between only $20-$25 each. I have an off-white pair, a yellow pair, and 2 pinstriped pairs, 1 gray, and 1 blue. I'll take some pics soon and show off my new wardrobe on my thread for you guys.

• Like 1

• Administrators