Just returned from Key West

Tony D.

My friend just drove us down to Key West on July 4th. We returned on July 7th.

At breakfast, I was wearing a Miami Vice T shirt, and the waiter asked me if I was connected with the show. I told him that I wish I was.

We then spoke about the movie & I told him that Don Johnson said the movie wasn't Miami Vice!  He agreed that now that he thinks about it, the movie was very different. He then mentioned how Miami has changed so much since the TV series & how it was impossible to park.

My friend was going to drive through Miami on the way home but we would have been there right at rush hour & it would have been a late night. We drove through Alligator Alley & I remembered the episode, "The Glades."

All in all, we had a fun time in Key West!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2016 at 1:59 AM, Tony D. said:

My friend just drove us down to Key West on July 4th. We returned on July 7th.

At breakfast, I was wearing a Miami Vice T shirt, and the waiter asked me if I was connected with the show. I told him that I wish I was.

We then spoke about the movie & I told him that Don Johnson said the movie wasn't Miami Vice!  He agreed that now that he thinks about it, the movie was very different. He then mentioned how Miami has changed so much since the TV series & how it was impossible to park.

My friend was going to drive through Miami on the way home but we would have been there right at rush hour & it would have been a late night. We drove through Alligator Alley & I remembered the episode, "The Glades."

All in all, we had a fun time in Key West!

Great Tony ! are you based near Florida ?

On 8/22/2016 at 3:12 PM, Tony D. said:

Maybe, Maybeeeeeee! :)

Great Tony - Im getting quite a list together . Maybe Jim may meet also who knows !? :D:D

4 minutes ago, Bilders said:

Tony D. will be lucky to get back on his local payroll as a Meter Maid, so I think your offer will be duly met Matt5 ;) D.

Ha ha - my plan is to head further south where the water's warm and the drinks are cold - and the player's dont know your name !;):D:D

• Like 2

It's about a 5 hr. drive from where I live to Miami.  People told me it's very hard to find parking there and the streets are narrow, & you can't stand around too long,  so the police keep cars moving.

On 8/24/2016 at 2:30 PM, Tony D. said:

It's about a 5 hr. drive from where I live to Miami.  People told me it's very hard to find parking there and the streets are narrow, & you can't stand around too long,  so the police keep cars moving.

Ha ha ! so funny :D:)

• 8 months later...

I was in Key West last April (flew down) and it was off the hook amazing! Then less than a month later wifey and I drove down for vacation w/ family for a week and a half in Northport/Punta Gorda area. I'm from NH so it's a 25 hr drive straight thought. Driving back down in 15 days! Can't wait.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
36 minutes ago, jpm1 said:

for my next trip i was hesitating between a car and a 125 scooter. now i know what i'll take

Are you thinking scooter then for Miami, or were you thinking Key West? Key West is a fairly small place but Miami...not so much.

as a non Florida citizen if i take an hotel even at key west, i won't stay there. scooter i own one irl. i know what you can do with them. and how agile they are in heavy traffic. in urban area (it's very likely i'll try to find few iconic locations of the series) nothing can beat a scoot, nothing. and on highway, i mean limited speed highways not german highway, you can reach a car speed easily. being corsican by my mother, and going in Corsica often, i also know how scooters are useful to find remote dream beaches ;). plus it's cheaper, and very fun in summer :thumbsup:

edit: when i speak of key west, in my mind it's more the keys. never gone to key west, but just saw that key west is very far from Miami. no need to push that far. or eventually in a future trip

Edited by jpm1

On 13/08/2017 at 7:14 PM, jpm1 said:

as a non Florida citizen if i take an hotel even at key west, i won't stay there. scooter i own one irl. i know what you can do with them. and how agile they are in heavy traffic. in urban area (it's very likely i'll try to find few iconic locations of the series) nothing can beat a scoot, nothing. and on highway, i mean limited speed highways not german highway, you can reach a car speed easily. being corsican by my mother, and going in Corsica often, i also know how scooters are useful to find remote dream beaches ;). plus it's cheaper, and very fun in summer :thumbsup:

edit: when i speak of key west, in my mind it's more the keys. never gone to key west, but just saw that key west is very far from Miami. no need to push that far. or eventually in a future trip

Corsica is fantastic - I love it there and the South of France !

A scooter in Miami would work - Downtown is very busy in the Day and Miami Beach day and nite in high season . But other areas are very quiet ideal for a scooter such as Key Biscayne , North Beach and small beach towns up to Fort Lauderdale and north also . North of Fort L you have great beach towns such as Hillsboro Beach and Deerfield that are very quiet up to Boca Raton.

Keep us updated with your plans - sounds interesting jpm1 :balloon::hippie: 

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1