Anybody have Calderone's Death uncut?

Detective_Crockett

I have read that originally broadcast; Calderone had a much longer death scene, where as on the dvds it's been cut and shortened, was wondering if anybody had the footage as I know some members recorded the episodes back in the time where the episode aired? 

I still have my old VCR tapes, but I don't remember the scene being longer. I'll check when I get a chance. 

• Like 1

My pleasure, Lou! This one is for you, Detective Crockett!

You might need to answer a riddle to watch the video: "in small letters, write the surname of jack gretsky's best friend"

Edited by ivoryjones
  • Like 4

ivoryjones

do you have original first aired of Definitely Miami? Originally during the end beach scene Jan Hammer music played instead of Golden and Creme - Cry.

• Like 2

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, ivoryjones said:

My pleasure, Lou! This one is for you, Detective Crockett!

You might need to answer a riddle to watch the video: "in small letters, write the surname of jack gretsky's best friend"

That's cool! I haven't seen this before. Thanks for sharing! Downloaded it and added it to my collection. :thumbsup:

Would love to see more, like the Cry scene as Crockettt said above. 

WOW! Ivory Jones thank you so much I feel complete now that I've seen his uncut death, I thought my only option would have been time travel, thank you so much!! 

2 hours ago, Crockettt said:

ivoryjones

do you have original first aired of Definitely Miami? Originally during the end beach scene Jan Hammer music played instead of Golden and Creme - Cry.

I've seen a clip of the end of a January, 10 1986 first broadcast and Godley & Creme "Cry" was there all right (the announcer at the end credits mentioned Martina Arroyo on Johnny Carson’s “The Tonight Show”, and that did happened on Jan 10 1986). I have a complete copy of an August 14 1987 rerun and also Cry was there. I've never heard about this. But anyway there was a rerun on July 4 1986, of which I've never seen a single frame.  Who knows....

• Like 1

I read about different music here

ivoryjones, do you have scene from Heart Of Darkness where Jimmy singing "there's no business like show business" ?

And also "parachute pants" dialogue from Hit List ?

Ivory, can I upload this scene onto Youtube crediting you? or would you prefer it is kept strictly private on vimeo??

2 hours ago, ivoryjones said:

I've seen a clip of the end of a January, 10 1986 first broadcast and Godley & Creme "Cry" was there all right (the announcer at the end credits mentioned Martina Arroyo on Johnny Carson’s “The Tonight Show”, and that did happened on Jan 10 1986). I have a complete copy of an August 14 1987 rerun and also Cry was there. I've never heard about this. But anyway there was a rerun on July 4 1986, of which I've never seen a single frame.  Who knows....

that was the first episode of Miami Vice i saw all the way through because  i got a tv for christmas (i was 14), but i have no memory now to confirm that lol

Detective_Crockett, I'm not Ivory but if that clip is uploaded to YouTube, NBC will probably have it pulled immediately for copyright infringement issues.  That's what has happened to most of the episode clips I've been aware of.  Might be safer and more accessible to those of us here if it's left at vimeo as is.

Edited by vicegirl85
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, vicegirl85 said:

Detective_Crockett, I'm not Ivory but if that clip is uploaded to YouTube, NBC will probably have it pulled immediately for copyright infringement issues.  That's what has happened to most of the episode clips I've been aware of.  Might be safer and more accessible to those of us here if it's left at vimeo as is.

Yes, I agree. On my end, please feel free to used it, but I gave up youtube because they'd block everything

"Cry" on Definitely Miami's first broadcast (notice the announcer's mentioning of Martina Arroyo on Johnny Carson’s “The Tonight Show” and check Johnny Carson's guests on January 10, 1986 on this link)

Here's "Parachute Pants" 

And "No Business Like Show Business"

(same psw)

Edited by ivoryjones
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Crockettt said:

ivoryjones

I checked on that as well, the information posted on that site is incorrect, it is merely the longer instrumental intro version of that song.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tony D. said:

I still have my old VCR tapes, but I don't remember the scene being longer. I'll check when I get a chance. 

I do as well and did some checking, the scene with Calderone is slightly longer, basically with the camera staying on him longer when he gets shot by Tubbs.  

Edited by mvnyc
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, ivoryjones said:

"Cry" on Definitely Miami's first broadcast (notice the announcer's mentioning of Martina Arroyo on Johnny Carson’s “The Tonight Show” and check Johnny Carson's guests on January 10, 1986 on this link)

Here's "Parachute Pants" 

And "No Business Like Show Business"

(same psw)

These are definitely only on the original broadcasts, my guess is they likely won't be in the Blu-Ray version (but you never know, maybe they'll surprise us and use the original film elements for those transfers) :)

Edited by mvnyc

• Administrators
7 hours ago, mvnyc said:

These are definitely only on the original broadcasts, my guess is they likely won't be in the Blu-Ray version (but you never know, maybe they'll surprise us and use the original film elements for those transfers) :)

They weren't in the Hulu version, so I wouldn't count of them putting the deleted scenes in the Bluray version. (yes I'm going back to the Hulu versions again because they are the same HD masters).

I wonder why they would remove small lines though, seems a bit odd to me that they would do that.

Since you don't mind ivory, I uploaded the clip from The Hit List on my Miami Vice YouTube channel. It hasn't been detected by the content ID thing, probably because the scene doesn't exist anymore.

• Like 1

I can't think of any specifics other than the sex scene between Crockett and Christine von Marburg that was not only shortened but also had quite a bit removed from the intercut scenes with Vanity being tortured and killed.  

It's pretty common though (I think) that some cutting will occur when a series goes into syndication, in order to fit in more commercials.  If the DVDs were made from non-original sources (and I don't know anything about that) such as the material that was syndicated, that could explain the lost scenes in the DVD versions, since the need for more advertising wouldn't dictate cuts.

• Administrators

Didn't the sex scene with Tubbs and Angelina in Calderone's Demise originally go for 7 minutes or something? Or am I thinking of something else...

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Detective_Crockett said:

Wow, what other scenes have been cut? 

I think that covers all of them. Very little was cut from the original episodes and I still wonder why some of them were cut. After managing to clear the music rights to every song used in the show they couldn't get permission to have a guy sing "there's no business like show business"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

I think that covers all of them. Very little was cut from the original episodes and I still wonder why some of them were cut. After managing to clear the music rights to every song used in the show they couldn't get permission to have a guy sing "there's no business like show business"?

Just a guess here, but maybe when that episode originally aired they didn't consider it a song to be cleared for licensing but just dialog and got into some legal snafu afterwards from the music publishing company...

• Like 2

Just now, mvnyc said:

Just a guess here, but maybe when that episode originally aired they didn't consider it a song to be cleared for licensing but just dialog and got into some legal snafu afterwards from the music publishing company...

could be possible :D:dance2: