Miami Vice Quotes 2016

Detective_Crockett

Someone asked that in here before and my take on that is that they were feigning more of an 'upper crust' (rather than British) accent that might be associated with the theater. Remember C&T are salt of the earth, '250 dollar a week cops' at that time so seeing Lombard, his yacht and  his big Mercedes probably just set off a little humor between them.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Trudy to Tubbs in LMD after Tubbs says "what are you doing...you packing it in?"

Right episode and character, but... :)

It was Trudy to Crockett. After he said, (also really like this line)

Crockett - "Yo mama! What it is? What are you doing... You packing it in?" To which Trudy replied "Oh I'm packing, but I ain't taking it home.

30 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Crockett also said that to Tubbs in Lombard during surveillance when they were feigning accents related to the "theatre".   ;)

Yeah, I remember that. That line must have been said a couple of times.

25 minutes ago, Detective_Crockett said:

Why were they imitating British accents? xD

I believe it was discussed in a thread somewhere. I was also curious about that.

23 minutes ago, summer84 said:

Right episode and character, but... :)

It was Trudy to Crockett. After he said, (also really like this line)

Crockett - "Yo mama! What it is? What are you doing... You packing it in?" To which Trudy replied "Oh I'm packing, but I ain't taking it home.

Oops you're right...I dunno why Tubbs voice was playing in my head. I need to watch this one again.

15 hours ago, timm525 said:

Cali to Sonny in Definately Miami?

Or Sonny to Tubbs same ep.

Hey this isn't multiple choice!   :p

It was door # 2 Sonny to Tubbs before going to meet Callie. " I say a lot of things...."

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

This brings up a topic for me that I may have already posted here :eek::

I think Sonny should have said "I say a lot of things--write it off to the heat" (or whatever Callie said on the beach), as a hint to the viewer that Callie is indeed getting to him. I would certainly have suggested this as the director or writer, but I was 4 years old, and heavily involved in more important things :) 

Can I get a "like" here, though? :):):) 

• Like 3

Nope, not Linus Oliver. But first season is right... and the person saying it is of normal height and weight...

Edited by Daytona74

15 hours ago, nofretz said:

This brings up a topic for me that I may have already posted here :eek::

I think Sonny should have said "I say a lot of things--write it off to the heat" (or whatever Callie said on the beach), as a hint to the viewer that Callie is indeed getting to him. I would certainly have suggested this as the director or writer, but I was 4 years old, and heavily involved in more important things :) 

Can I get a "like" here, though? :):):) 

I get your meaning, and repeating the Callie line at that point would have been a good choice also because it would have highlighted Crockett's growing cynicism. I seem to recall he talked about how Callie's story would have fooled him earlier in his career, and now he sees through the cons and the scams because he has become much more cynical, and jaded, imo. One of the things I liked best about the show is how human, and vulnerable they made the characters, vs many prior cop shows.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

I've even wondered if Don or Arielle misspoke the line and it somehow made it through. Seems like the writer had him repeating her thoughts. "I say a lot of things..."

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Ferrariman:

Quote:  "Oh Stanley!"

Character and Episode Please!

Darlene, "Miss Hairspray 1985",  in "Made For Each Other", while getting it on with Switek.

• Administrators
On 8/3/2016 at 7:03 AM, Daytona74 said:

Darlene, "Miss Hairspray 1985",  in "Made For Each Other", while getting it on with Switek.

Correct!

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Here's one:

"I think we've made an error in judgement here"

Crockett to Tubbs, in the woods, in "Glades"