Have you ever been laughed at for doing the Vice look?

Detective_Crockett

9 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

I think the guy that commented about a midlife crisis assumed mine was a genuine Ferrari Daytona GTB 4, and those can run more than $1Mil.  So I don't think the convertible aspect was in his mind as much as the Price Tag most likely was. I've known a few guys who go out and get expensive toys when they start feeling like they are on the other side of the (age) Bell curve.

Here is something that's affordable from Mvice8489 in the Daytona Topic :

The EBay Daytona replica that I have been considering has been relisted again.  Here it is

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-Kit-Makes-Ferrari-Daytona-/182219833331?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2a6d25fff3:g:MYsAAOSwv9FXgqPG&item=182219833331

As always any thoughts, comments, etc on this by you guys is much appreciated !

Edited by Tony D.

13 hours ago, Tony D. said:

Here is something that's affordable from Mvice8489 in the Daytona Topic :

The EBay Daytona replica that I have been considering has been relisted again.  Here it is

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-Kit-Makes-Ferrari-Daytona-/182219833331?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2a6d25fff3:g:MYsAAOSwv9FXgqPG&item=182219833331

As always any thoughts, comments, etc on this by you guys is much appreciated !

All I can say Tony is if you can afford this beauty of a car, go for it!!  I always believed that everyone deserves the car of their dreams no matter how late in life.  I live in a small town that has a Corvette club and I believe every driver I have seen was over 60 years old. Live your dream dude!!

16 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

All I can say Tony is if you can afford this beauty of a car, go for it!!  I always believed that everyone deserves the car of their dreams no matter how late in life.  I live in a small town that has a Corvette club and I believe every driver I have seen was over 60 years old. Live your dream dude!!

I quoted Mvice8489..................but I do like the car........only trouble, I don't drive a stick!

1 hour ago, nofretz said:

Perfect reason to learn :thumbsup:

You're right!   I see the price went up $10,000. :wuerg:

I think it is more of a geographical thing....it is tropical clothing but I LOVE the look! Whomever said the look was coming back is right. I cannot remember which designer came out with it this year Calvin Klein? Pastel jacket with ankle slacks and slip on shoes without socks. I am surprised because usually England is pretty open minded when it comes to clothing...

I've gone to a few amateur stand-up comedy shows to see my friends perform here in NYC, and EVERY time I wear any of my off-white blazers with pastel colored button-front dress shirts (I have a light green, light purple, and orange one so far), at least 1 comedian will make a Vice or Scarface reference. Since it's a stand-up show and these people are still green, I expect them to talk to the audience, so I just laugh (and actually appreciate that it gets everyone in the room to notice me).

Although one comedian did take it a little too far and after the 'laugh' vibe died down, he said 'You look stupid is what I'm saying". But again, I let it slide. Way I see it, plenty of young people today have brought back 80's and early 90's fashion back in some form or another (hipsters especially). I'm just one of the few with enough cajones to take it a bit further (I won't do the t-shirts, nor do I do the slip-on shoes). Now as far as pants go, I do have 2 pairs of Vice style pants (one plain white, one white with blue stripes) but I still don't have it in me to do white (or light) colors on both top and bottom. So I still go with either gray or black dress pants, or tan/brown khakis.

I'm curious to see what happens when I finally get the chance to transfer at my job, move to West Palm Beach (about 45 minutes from Miami) and see what people think over there.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 5:00 PM, Detective_Crockett said:

Do you have any pictures of your Daytona? I would love to see them! 

Sure..I have posted some in the past and I'll try and upload some into my library. Here's one:

P1000881_zpsc7e83c97.jpg

• Like 4

yes,I had been in such situation when my neighbor was making fun from my Vice look attempts(to get Vice style stuff at my side is hard so I had to think of something)cyan polo shirt,carrera lookalike shades,white pants and loafers with out socks.how did I get my neighbor off my back and making him stop making fun of me by saying that I'm a fashion mistake?well...I threatened to kill his cat...  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got some looks when I wore the white linen suit, but they were like headturns - they didn't stare. Guess I stood out in a party where everyone had darker suits / blazers.

Afterwards I went to a mall and got no looks whatsoever, that I saw. Or maybe I had gotten used to them by then.... :p

jd_miamiviced.jpg

Edited by JDe75
  • Like 4

Wearing loafers without socks and pastel colored suits is actually something you will witness in spades in south Italy. Add to that the Henley which is basically a shirt without collar and what you have is fairly classic style.
If fashionistas look down on that they really don't have a clue.

Edited by Philippe
typo
  • Like 1

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Philippe said:

Wearing loafers without socks and pastel colored suits is actually something you will witness in spades in south Italy. Add to that the Henley which is basically a shirt without collar and what you have is fairly classic style.
If fashionistas look down on that they really don't have a clue.

People wear those slip-ons with no socks all the time here in Australia also, during the summer of course. For winter you'd want something warm. 

But it's all canvas shoes in general, even the ones with laces, you'd see people wearing them sock-less. And light pastel coloured Chino's are popular also. So you can pretty much get away with "the look" as you're just throwing a blazer over a style which is already popular. And people year t-shirt and blazers all the time also - So you won't really look out of place or anything. 

I think it really depends on the type of city you're in I guess. Because all of Australian cities are on the coast, and it's really hot in summer, and we have palm trees everywhere, and it's laid back.

But you might look out of place if it were somewhere more condensed, or with a more uptight attitude... Maybe in ancient cities it would look odd also.

I feel like it'll look out of place in London, but @Detective_Crockett seems to be able to pull it off. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, James said:

I think it really depends on the type of city you're in I guess. Because all of Australian cities are on the coast, and it's really hot in summer, and we have palm trees everywhere, and it's laid back.

But you might look out of place if it were somewhere more condensed, or with a more uptight attitude... Maybe in ancient cities it would look odd also.

True, it does work much better when you live in a sunny / tropical area.

Yeah I like to think I can pull it off, I have recieved many compliments and my girlfriend loves the look on me, I do get funny looks but the people who give me looks are morons who wear tracksuits and cheap trainers..like I should be bugged by morons like that? 

• Like 2

On August 2, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Sonny-Burnett said:

It is my friend's 2015 Ferrari CaliforniaT

553 horsepower

196 mph

New paint and new rubber.

Well...new rubber anyway. :D

Beautiful car. What year and model, if I may ask?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

'new paint and new rubber', now where have I heard that before? ;)

Absolutely essential for any type of Police work? 

• Administrators
On 14/08/2016 at 8:26 AM, Detective_Crockett said:

Absolutely essential for any type of Police work? 

Any type of serious police work. * :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I noticed that in the "Nice Guys" with Ryan Gosling he is wearing a very bright Aqua Shirt with a light tan jacket...it looks great. This is a new movie so I suspect we will be seeing quite a bit of it soon I hope.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Never laughed at but I do a mix of new style & MV style as I'm heavily tattooed therefor lending to a good mix of 80s to modern. I do love me some Henley style shirts both long & short sleeve which are usually paired w/ dress pants, boat or slip on shoes and a summer jacket, not a blazer or sport jacket. Though at 41 years old I could prob rock a sport jacket or blazer because of my traveling for work all day in the business world. Let's not forget the tortoiseshell wayfarer sunglasses!