Have you ever been laughed at for doing the Vice look?

Detective_Crockett

I have a couple of pairs of skinny jeans. They make a nice silhouette for certain outfits/occasions, but I have a 30” waiste and a 37” chest, and I’m 5’11”. One of my suits has has pants with a similar silhouette. It’s a dark suit, so it goes well. I also have some athletic pants that are pretty much skin tight from the knee down. They are actually very comfortable. 

I guess I’ll also say I have some Versace and Hugo boss suits from the 80s so that I don’t get kicked off the site for the skinny pants. :) 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

I have a couple of pair of skinny jeans. They make a nice silhouette for certain outfits/occasions, but I have a 30” waiste and a 37” chest, and I’m 5’11”. One of my suits has has pants with a similar silhouette. It’s a dark suit, so it goes well. I also have some athletic pants that are pretty much skin tight from the knee down. They are actually very comfortable. 

I guess I’ll also say I have some Versace and Hugo boss suits from the 80s so that I don’t get kicked off the site for the skinny pants. :) 

Skinny jeans and all black outfits here...so you're not alone! I like pastels on others though..

On 8/8/2016 at 9:50 AM, JDe75 said:

Got some looks when I wore the white linen suit, but they were like headturns - they didn't stare. Guess I stood out in a party where everyone had darker suits / blazers.

Afterwards I went to a mall and got no looks whatsoever, that I saw. Or maybe I had gotten used to them by then.... :p

jd_miamiviced.jpg

Is that a Porsche?

On 5/6/2021 at 7:44 AM, TylerDurden389 said:

I'm right in the middle. I don't like the pants to be too baggy, but at the same time, I've had to throw away at least 3 pairs of pants I've bought recently because even though they *technically* fit, they hug my calves like women's yoga pants, lol. Thankfully I now have 2 pairs of dress pants that have just the right width for me. One's a darker teal green (so closer to Crockett's season 3 color style) and an off white. Pics coming soon.

I am super picky about pants and can never find ones I really like.  I have bought so many blazers that I had to send back because I feel like my arms are in sausage casings when wearing them.  I am not a fan of slim fit stuff.  It looks ok, but I am always uncomfortable.  It's hard finding a happy medium.

• Like 1

I wear some Vice look, especially Crockett's one in summer.

Even in GTA Online, but this time, I don't care if it rains in the game :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kladdagh said:

I wear some Vice look, especially Crockett's one in summer.

Even in GTA Online, but this time, I don't care if it rains in the game :)

I have to confess I do that as well :) there is quite a selection of pastel clothing.

uG6bnuEl.jpg

The cars as are not exact but are based on the Testa and Daytona from Vice City. 

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

I still think s5 Crockett would fit right in to this period with a lot of his outfits...not all mind you, but a majority of them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fakespyder said:

I still think s5 Crockett would fit right in to this period with a lot of his outfits...not all mind you, but a majority of them.

Agreed with that ... What he's wearing in Season 5 is still a classic today :) 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Miami Vice have influenced my style a lot, but I never go too far. I prefer modernized 5 season look — slightly long hair, casual blazer (cotton or linen), henley t-shirt, light washed jeans (I prefer Quiksilver), suede sneakers, Carrera sunglasses and a strong cologne. I'm from Russia and very few people here have ever heard of Miami Vice, it was first shown in 1999 if I remember correctly. So nobody laughed at my style even when I was wearing a white linen blazer and pastel henley t-shirts, my mates thought it was fresh.

• Like 4

On 6/21/2022 at 11:47 AM, Player said:

Miami Vice have influenced my style a lot, but I never go too far. I prefer modernized 5 season look — slightly long hair, casual blazer (cotton or linen), henley t-shirt, light washed jeans (I prefer Quiksilver), suede sneakers, Carrera sunglasses and a strong cologne. I'm from Russia and very few people here have ever heard of Miami Vice, it was first shown in 1999 if I remember correctly. So nobody laughed at my style even when I was wearing a white linen blazer and pastel henley t-shirts, my mates thought it was fresh.

Take it from a 60 year old guy.  There is a saying in America, "What's old is new again."  So I can understand your mates thinking your outfit was fresh.  Vice style lives forever!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Take it from a 60 year old guy.  There is a saying in America, "What's old is new again."  So I can understand your mates thinking your outfit was fresh.  Vice style lives forever!

Amen to that! Miami Vice lives forever for me. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

On 6/26/2022 at 11:30 PM, Vicefan7777 said:

To back this up, here's a conversation I had with an 18-year old girl I work with at my job two weeks ago...

HER: Do you have a mullet?

I took my cap off. My hair is long all around now so it fell out and down.

HER: No, you don't. Yours is just long. That's cool too, but mullets are hot.

ME: You're shitting me.

HER: No, I'm not. Girls love guys with mullets. Short on the sides, longer in the back.

ME: For twenty years mullets were, "Eww! That's so 80s."

HER: I don't know what you're talking about. All my friends think guys with mullets are hot.

Looks like we've done it, Gen X-ers. We've gone back to the future.

• Like 2

Did I ever get laughed at for it?

No, never laughed at.  I was selective about pieces of ther wardrobe, and Tubbs' TIES were superb.  Thin, nearly always dark, with mutes of silver ----DAMN, they were fine neckties, at a time when the Italian "mobster" tie was still considered the "correct" tie of the times.  
I am still on that in the summertime.  Office attire is either a Tubbs-like necktie (near impossible to find these days), or Castillo's black "don't mess with me cuz I'm way ahead of your unimportant world" neckties. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

Hahahahaha...Nah..i.laugh at them hahahaha

You are right Pal ...

Some peoples still doesn't understand the definition of cool :fireworks:

• Like 1

I think in the summertime it's timeless to wear say white pants with a pastel t-shirt.

When I was holiday in Dubai all I wore they entire times was numerous cream/white pants with peach, pinkish, sky blue t-shirts with white slip-on shoes.

In any decade the pastel look we see in the first 2 season's is a natural way to dress in the boiling hot sun.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...