Detective_Crockett

Have you ever been laughed at for doing the Vice look?

pahonu

While I personally don't dress in the "vice" style other than an occasional henley with jeans, I can say here on the Southern California coast (I live in Long Beach at a marina) it wouldn't even be noticed if someone had tropical, or otherwise warm weather clothes on.  I see aloha shirts, boat shoes with no socks, pastel colors, and other coastal casual clothes all the time.  That being said, I can imagine wearing the same things in London, New York, or Berlin might be seen as unusual, even in the summer.  Just going inland from the coast in SoCal sees a rapid decline in seeing such things.  It is, after all, a style suited to a certain climate and coastal activities like sailing and beach-going.  Someone mentioned seeing it in southern Italy which would fit.  The opposite applies of course.  You don't see a lot of full suits and trench coats here either!   

• Like 2

ZAQ 178
2 hours ago, pahonu said:

While I personally don't dress in the "vice" style other than an occasional henley with jeans, I can say here on the Southern California coast (I live in Long Beach at a marina) it wouldn't even be noticed if someone had tropical, or otherwise warm weather clothes on.  I see aloha shirts, boat shoes with no socks, pastel colors, and other coastal casual clothes all the time.  That being said, I can imagine wearing the same things in London, New York, or Berlin might be seen as unusual, even in the summer.  Just going inland from the coast in SoCal sees a rapid decline in seeing such things.  It is, after all, a style suited to a certain climate and coastal activities like sailing and beach-going.  Someone mentioned seeing it in southern Italy which would fit.  The opposite applies of course.  You don't see a lot of full suits and trench coats here either!   

Location location location lol! I need to make my way tropical and out of New Hampshire! Lol

• Like 1

LilWussyPrince

The only time I've had negative/mocking reactions is when I've worn a white linen blazer/suit.  I think it's because that look is stereotypically portrayed when the 1980s are goofed on and it influences people.  Most days I wear a modified Vice look and get nothing but compliments/dates.  For example yesterday I wore a light olive linen blazer, mustard colored henley shirt, tan loafers, tortoise shell wayfarers and... jeans (boo hiss!). 

It's also crucial to have a) a tan, b) a good haircut and c) confidence to pull off the MV look.  Just like Crockett and Tubbs ;)

Edited by LilWussyPrince