My 1/18 Miami Vice custom Kyosho Testarossa.

Vice fan

I finally finished improving my 1/18 Kyosho Testarossa. I was waiting many years for the best model in 1/18. The best in my opinion is from Kyosho. Unfortunately, it is not perfect and had to do some serious customization to the model in order to look as close as the real car. Changing Euro to US spec was easy, the front lower lights was quite a challange. Adding the corner windows on the doors was also daring. The flying mirrow needed to be repositioned, Kyosho put it too high. The original rims look awful, while trying fixing, I ended up ruined them. After a couple of years I finally got a cheap Hot Wheels elite Testarossa and replaced the rims. The ones from HW look much more defined and detailed. With careful sanding and cutting, I could put the Kyosho tires on the HW rims and now the car looks nice as I always wanted.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Vice fan
  • Like 2

Thanks! I also have a Pocher Testarossa in 1/8 model kit but as usual, I left it unfinished. I put a lot of work on the interior and it was going well. But I got stuck with the engine as I did not like the manifold design and other engine parts from the model. Now that 3D printing is available, I will be back with that model soon and finish it too.

Edited by Vice fan
  • Like 1

Very nice,  it's a beauty................next should be a life size model that you can drive around town.  ;)