Sign in to follow this  
James

One Eyed Jack Unconstructed Blazer

Recommended Posts

James

What is known on this blazer? Anybody know where (and if) I can get one these days?

vlcsnap-2016-07-29-15h57m51s10.png

vlcsnap-2016-07-29-15h55m36s134.png

vlcsnap-2016-07-29-15h57m04s25.png

vlcsnap-2016-07-29-15h56m17s112.png

Might have to get one tailor made or something... It's sort of thin like a shirt, but stitched like a blazer.

Though searching the internet I found something called "Summer blazers" on an online clothing store. Similar, but overall still looks thicker than this is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James
Dadrian

Yeah the first one looks cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vicegirl85

I like the look of jacket #1, but it's cut to a closer fit in both the sleeves and the body, compared to Crockett's jacket.  #2--like the fabric but it has more of a conventional blazer styling (to my eye). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James
12 minutes ago, vicegirl85 said:

I like the look of jacket #1, but it's cut to a closer fit in both the sleeves and the body, compared to Crockett's jacket.  #2--like the fabric but it has more of a conventional blazer styling (to my eye). 

Yeah true. But it'll be next to impossible to find one exactly like Crockett's in this day-and-age, there will always be one or two flaws. Gotta make do with what we can find. 

The only flaw with the first one is that it's very transparent compared to Crockett's, if you look at the image of the back of it - the way the jeans shine through. However, it might be much less noticeable if the clothing behind it is bright coloured like Crockett is wearing. So there's no way of knowing whether Crockett's was that transparent. 

But for $27, you can't really go wrong. :) I'll save the link for now, and see what else I find before making decisions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tony D.

My jacket was around $20 at Marshall's,  about 6 yrs. ago. It's linen & rayon. Very light weight.  I brought it to the dry cleaners last year & it came out clean & nicely pressed! :thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fresh Prince

Zara just had some white shirts/blazer types with zipper or buttons on sale - see it if you have one near you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vicegirl85
On 7/29/2016 at 8:23 AM, James said:

Yeah true. But it'll be next to impossible to find one exactly like Crockett's in this day-and-age, there will always be one or two flaws. Gotta make do with what we can find. 
(snipped)
But for $27, you can't really go wrong. :) I'll save the link for now, and see what else I find before making decisions. 

So true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TylerDurden389

As long as you know your exact size and measurements, ebay really is the best store. Both in finding your exact style, and the right price. I'm up to 15 blazers that all fit me perfectly. All in varying shades of white and gray (and one is black). All of them for less than $30 each (granted I'm a short man, so smaller clothing tends to be cheaper both due to less material, as well as less market for them, so sellers are willing to keep lowering prices just to sell the things and finally get rid of 'em, lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IA-SteveB

What are the best search terms to use on eBay to get a blazer?  "Unstructured?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dadrian

"Unconstructed" is more common. I believe it just means it doesn't have the regular anatomy of all the things that make a conventional blazer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James
15 hours ago, IA-SteveB said:

What are the best search terms to use on eBay to get a blazer?  "Unstructured?"

I usually search both unconstructed and deconstructed.


An unconstructed blazer is basically made like a shirt, so it's loose on your shoulders and usually thin in material. More casual than a normal blazer. But what's sad is that nobody makes them anymore! :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
On 29/07/2016 at 2:56 PM, Tony D. said:

My jacket was around $20 at Marshall's,  about 6 yrs. ago. It's linen & rayon. Very light weight.  I brought it to the dry cleaners last year & it came out clean & nicely pressed! :thumbsup:

Great to know :done:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dadrian
1 hour ago, pahonu said:

Just for general knowledge. 

http://blog.knotstandard.com/unconstructed/

 

 

On 7/21/2017 at 10:57 AM, Dadrian said:

"Unconstructed" is more common. I believe it just means it doesn't have the regular anatomy of all the things that make a conventional blazer. 

The first sentence of that article is what I meant by "doesn't have the regular anatomy". :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this