One Eyed Jack Unconstructed Blazer

James

• Administrators

What is known on this blazer? Anybody know where (and if) I can get one these days?

vlcsnap-2016-07-29-15h57m51s10.png

vlcsnap-2016-07-29-15h55m36s134.png

vlcsnap-2016-07-29-15h57m04s25.png

vlcsnap-2016-07-29-15h56m17s112.png

Might have to get one tailor made or something... It's sort of thin like a shirt, but stitched like a blazer.

Though searching the internet I found something called "Summer blazers" on an online clothing store. Similar, but overall still looks thicker than this is.

• Administrators

I like the look of jacket #1, but it's cut to a closer fit in both the sleeves and the body, compared to Crockett's jacket.  #2--like the fabric but it has more of a conventional blazer styling (to my eye). 

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, vicegirl85 said:

I like the look of jacket #1, but it's cut to a closer fit in both the sleeves and the body, compared to Crockett's jacket.  #2--like the fabric but it has more of a conventional blazer styling (to my eye). 

Yeah true. But it'll be next to impossible to find one exactly like Crockett's in this day-and-age, there will always be one or two flaws. Gotta make do with what we can find. 

The only flaw with the first one is that it's very transparent compared to Crockett's, if you look at the image of the back of it - the way the jeans shine through. However, it might be much less noticeable if the clothing behind it is bright coloured like Crockett is wearing. So there's no way of knowing whether Crockett's was that transparent. 

But for $27, you can't really go wrong. :) I'll save the link for now, and see what else I find before making decisions. 

My jacket was around $20 at Marshall's,  about 6 yrs. ago. It's linen & rayon. Very light weight.  I brought it to the dry cleaners last year & it came out clean & nicely pressed! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Zara just had some white shirts/blazer types with zipper or buttons on sale - see it if you have one near you.

On 7/29/2016 at 8:23 AM, James said:

Yeah true. But it'll be next to impossible to find one exactly like Crockett's in this day-and-age, there will always be one or two flaws. Gotta make do with what we can find. 
(snipped)
But for $27, you can't really go wrong. :) I'll save the link for now, and see what else I find before making decisions. 

So true!

As long as you know your exact size and measurements, ebay really is the best store. Both in finding your exact style, and the right price. I'm up to 15 blazers that all fit me perfectly. All in varying shades of white and gray (and one is black). All of them for less than $30 each (granted I'm a short man, so smaller clothing tends to be cheaper both due to less material, as well as less market for them, so sellers are willing to keep lowering prices just to sell the things and finally get rid of 'em, lol)

• 11 months later...

"Unconstructed" is more common. I believe it just means it doesn't have the regular anatomy of all the things that make a conventional blazer. 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, IA-SteveB said:

What are the best search terms to use on eBay to get a blazer?  "Unstructured?"

I usually search both unconstructed and deconstructed.

An unconstructed blazer is basically made like a shirt, so it's loose on your shoulders and usually thin in material. More casual than a normal blazer. But what's sad is that nobody makes them anymore! :( 

On 29/07/2016 at 2:56 PM, Tony D. said:

My jacket was around $20 at Marshall's,  about 6 yrs. ago. It's linen & rayon. Very light weight.  I brought it to the dry cleaners last year & it came out clean & nicely pressed! :thumbsup:

Great to know :done:

1 hour ago, pahonu said:

Just for general knowledge. 

http://blog.knotstandard.com/unconstructed/

On 7/21/2017 at 10:57 AM, Dadrian said:

"Unconstructed" is more common. I believe it just means it doesn't have the regular anatomy of all the things that make a conventional blazer. 

The first sentence of that article is what I meant by "doesn't have the regular anatomy". :thumbsup: