Why is the site unavailable?

Tony D.

The site has been down a few times now........why is that happening and what can we do about it?????

I agree it is frustrating to want to see what is being posted only to see some site restriction message where I cannot even log on.  I am no computer expert so I don't have a clue how to fix this problem, 

• Administrators

We're trying the best we can... Too many bots, mostly for search engines. We only have 800,000 executions per month with the current web hosting and we are currently exceeding that. Most of our hits are from China, so we've tried blocking the Chinese bots and all Chinese IP Addresses, but because we hit the limit, the host are great and give us a few more executions here and there, but we have to wait until next month to see if blocking China and a bunch of bad bots has made a difference.

When you see the "limit reached" message, it's because we've gone over our quota. It has nothing to do with your computer or anything, it's simply our hosting service placing a redirected message.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Are you really kidding me Tony? Why are you starting this thread? To stir the pot? I have posted a thread in the General section titled "Web Site Off Line Today" and have been updating it with our issues and what we are trying to do to correct it every time we go off line. You know what is happening and why as you even commented in that thread so don't start another one claiming ignorance.

Here's a solution, if you want to donate $80.00 a month, every single month, without fail like your mortgage and agree to this commitment then I will gladly upgrade us to the next higher package and all these problems will go away. Until such time I have to pay the bills out of my own pocket with the assistance of the great membership that donates to me when they can, we are going to have to deal with this situation as best we can.

I'm sorry to have inconvenienced you.

That's the end of this discussion!

• timm525 locked this topic