What would have Crockett and Tubbs worn in the Winter?

Detective_Crockett

LOL, I can't see that ensemble keeping a person warm in weather below 40F ;)

IMO if Crockett--who had lived all his life in basically a tropical climate--was living or working in NYC during the winter (for example), he would need thermal underwear top and bottom, heated socks (like hunters wear), a warm jacket (at least) or full-length coat, a muffler, and fur-lined leather gloves.  Wool slacks.  Lined boots that cover the ankles to keep the snow out.  He might carry some hand-warmers in his pockets.  A hat or ski cap.  Plus he would complain abut how the cold is making his trick knee act up.

Tubbs would dress for winter but just in a normal way.  Fedora, coat, scarf, gloves, suit, T-shirt under his shirt.  Ankle boots so snow doesn't get in his shoes.

yeah it depends if it's in tropical climate or real cold like NY. if tropical, then just a bit thick rain cloth. if it's NY, Crockett bit thick, sober, modern, and light tones (light grey..), Tubbs thick, classy (alpaca..), dark tones (black, very dark anthracite/charcoal, very dark green..)

Edited by jpm1

4 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Yes I’ve felt cold at times in January and February in South Florida and Miami but nothing like as cold as it gets in California that time of year :hippie:

I lived in Miami from 2001-2003 & never remember it being cold- still have family there & visit often too.

Now what is really alarming is the way Tubbs dressed- he wouldn't have survived 5 minutes even in winter time Miami! He would've died of heat stroke!

Edited by Boca Raton

4 hours ago, MTVcops said:

0C07BD2C-8A1A-4322-A3EC-949CB3545A2F.png

Gene Hackman should have wore that in the French Connection:)

The part where he's freezing to death outside whilst waiting for Frog one to come out of the restaurant would've been interesting.

1 hour ago, Boca Raton said:

I lived in Miami from 2001-2003 & never remember it being cold- still have family there & visit often too.

Now what is really alarming is the way Tubbs dressed- he wouldn't have survived 5 minutes even in winter time Miami! He would've died of heat stroke!

Exactly unless they were fine silk suits which I suspect 

Ref Miami in January and February a few days this year just gone .. one day I’m January was 12C about 55F but next day was 16 again(62F):hippie:

17 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Gene Hackman should have wore that in the French Connection:)

The part where he's freezing to death outside whilst waiting for Frog one to come out of the restaurant would've been interesting.

That’s a great look from the Summer of 1986, these were promo shots from the beginning of Season 3:hippie: