Inside 'Miami Vice' March 1985 - Rolling Stone

Sonny-Burnett

thanks for posting !...bad omen even in 1985...

"ratings would take off it found a better time slot. Friday night most of it's target audience is out of the house...."  :(

So true...I remember rearranging my Friday nights so that I could watch this show, and there also was lot of competition for Friday night tv at the time.

• Like 1

"miami vice is the direct descendant of Mann's earlier work" "he is obsessed with managing every detail of the show" "this is the michael mann show" "22 hour feature film" said the same thing about Crime Story

that says everything about what went wrong when he was less involved with the show.

• Like 1

Interesting excerpt from this article about Michael Mann and the Golden Triangle...if true he is a real risk taker.

"Michael Mann, a reluctantly handsome, driven forty-one-year-old. He smokes incessantly and gestures with his whole body. Danger defines his modus vivendi, and he surrounds himself with people of similar appetites. For instance, in 1979 and 1980, he made three research trips into Southeast Asia to gather material for a screenplay. He stole into the Golden Triangle with a member of one of the Thai hill tribes, met veterans of the exiled Chinese Kuomintang armies and observed the conflicts between the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and the Central Intelligence Agency."

• 3 weeks later...