COOPER&BURNETT'S "VICE HOME" PHOTOS

COOPER&BURNETT

This house is perfection to the max.

Crockett went further South, but then he had a change of heart and then went to L.A. and went to your house.  :cool:

• Like 1

Thanks mvnyc, matt5 & Detective_Crockett for the nice comments about my pad! MIAMI VICE rules,....and so do you! 

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Jerry, I do, in fact, wear original Crockett clothes, wear wayfarers, and drive with the top down on my Italian convertible. You hit the nail right on the head.

I once told a new neighbor that my name was "Sonny". From that point on, when he saw me, he called me Sonny! True story. I told about it on another thread. He asked what I do for a living, and I told him something like, "I can't really discuss what I do", or something like that... It's all down in another thread fresh after it happened. LOL! I don't recall which thread it was, but it's here somewhere! LOL!

• Like 1

Jerry, I do, in fact, wear original Crockett clothes, wear wayfarers, and drive with the top down on my Italian convertible. You hit the nail right on the head.

I once told a new neighbor that my name was "Sonny". From that point on, when he saw me, he called me Sonny! True story. I told about it on another thread. He asked what I do for a living, and I told him something like, "I can't really discuss what I do", or something like that... It's all down in another thread fresh after it happened. LOL! I don't recall which thread it was, but it's here somewhere! LOL!

Maybe your name is Sonny, or Don? ;) 

• Like 1

I remember that dude.  New neighbor or something like that who wanted to chat.  

Like me, Cooper & Burnett has probably lived entire days like they were Miami Vice episodes.  Somehow, it's sanity maintenance.  

• Like 2

Yes guys, I see that.

Well, I have to say I've never been tempted to use someone else's name or quotes or clothes or acting, not even back in the days. I would feel a costume player, and it's not my nature. Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing, I understand you guys completely. The fact is I just couldn't go around like that, and if somebody should say: "hey dude, you look like Miami Vice" my answer would be something like: "Shut up!".

On the other hand, I have to say I used to wear like that even before the show was on air. My first wayfarers were bought in 1983, and before that I had a replica. Same for the t-shirt under blazers, I still have a pic of me shot in 1979. Same for espadrilles, very popular at the end of the 70s.

That said, I have to tell you I like to play with it sometimes. Some weeks ago I was coming out from a depot back to my car, and the guy from the store was following, bringing some large stuff for me. As he saw my SLK, he said: "Hey dude, with such a car were you asking for a discount?". I turned my head and said:" It's not mine, they allow me to use it because of my job". He replied: "Whaat? What kind of job it is?". And I, pointing his eyes while starting the engine: "I'm not allowed to tell you". It was pure fun, guys...

But I wore a black leather jacket and jeans, not pastels ;-)

Edited by Jerry Beck
  • Like 2

LOL!  I see no harm in it, especially if you never see the person again. I did it to entertain myself. Plus it makes a great story to tell. Yours was fun too! 

When I do it as SONNY, I do pretend I'm Crockett. To me, it's humorous. It may not be for everyone, but I get a kick out of it! lol!

Charlie Glide, your right, I have lived entire days as if it's a MIAMI VICE episode (including clothes, and Jan Hammer on the car stereo). I'm also an amatuer actor, so I can pull it off pretty well. 

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Sure Coop, it's humorous, you'd have seen the face of the guy at the depot...

Who knows, maybe one day i could make a photo shoot and play the role of Crockett for you guys ;-) Naaah...

• Like 1

I'd be honored to have you play the part of Crockett. You gotta wear my original threads though! Deal?