COOPER&BURNETT'S "VICE HOME" PHOTOS

COOPER&BURNETT

Can you post a photo?I'd love to see it!

When I get some time, I'll see if I can put a picture up. It looks like any other season one crew jacket, with his name inscribed and some make-up smeared on one arm (the story I got from the person I got it from (a co-producer, whom I won't name) was Don was leaning back on his chair that day and fell off during a make-up read-through for a scene)...

When I get some time' date=' I'll see if I can put a picture up. It looks like any other season one crew jacket, with his name inscribed and some make-up smeared on one arm (the story I got from the person I got it from (a co-producer, whom I won't name) was Don was leaning back on his chair that day and fell off during a make-up read-through for a scene)...[/quote']So, you believe this is not just a crew member's jacket who has the same name, "Don", you believe you have THE actual crew jacket don johnson wore... HMMMMmmmm.....I'd like to see it.

That being said' date=' of all the items you have from "Miami Vice" (props or otherwise), which one is your most coveted?[/quote']I'd have to say that I think these are my favorite items.They are something that the stars used every day, and it's a personal item.I also think they are the most valuable of my MIAMI VICE items.Director chair backings for stars can command very high prices. I'll bet three stars as a set from an iconic show like MIAMI VICE, would be worth some good money.I don't know the value.I know that not so well known actor Billy Crudup's directors chair (from 2003's BIG FISH) asking price is $550.00.What do you think my three are worth? Eingefügtes Bild

So' date=' you believe this is not just a crew member's jacket who has the same name, "Don", you believe you have THE actual crew jacket don johnson wore... HMMMMmmmm.....I'd like to see it.[/quote']Yes, because a): It's a custom-fit jacket that Don had made tailored for especially for him, instead of a small, medium or large and B): The person whom I got it from would have no reason to lie to me about it (I thought the same thing at first, but for the reasons I stated above, I truly believe it's the geniune article).

That's a tough one' date=' because they don't include the actual chairs themselves. I don't know their actual value, you would have to get them appraised at a place that specializes in that sort of thing...[/quote']Unlike a movie, where they usually buy them, MIAMI VICE used a company, or their own stock of folding chairs, and just put the chair backs on them, (at least the later seasons they did).When I went to UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, they had a shop there that just had collectible stuff like a robe someone wore when working on a film, or production photos, things like that. They also had a chair backing of someone (can't remember who) but it wasn't a very big name, otherwise I would have remembered, and they were asking a WHOLE LOT of money for it.I remember laughing out loud on how much they were asking for it, and what my three would be worth. I have the director chair backings of the TWO MAIN STARS! CROCKETT AND TUBBS + one of the the other lead actors, (who left early, so it may be a very rare piece in itself.) :thumbsup:I think they are worth quite a bit as a group.

• 2 months later...

I LOVE MIAMI VICE!!

Hey Coop,I'm new to the forum, but just wanted to say what a great collection you have and your enthusiasm is fantastic. I'm having lots of fun looking through all the forum threads. I just recently got back into watching the show on Centric channel and have begun DVRing them to make sure I see each episode. I watched the show in its original run when I was in high school, and it's fun and a bit nostalgic watching them again.In looking at your collection and home, it struck me how mutch of the lifestyle I have though it must have been subconscious or something. I live at marina in Long Beach CA, own a sailboat (though I don't live on it :) ), my wife drives a convertible that I use alot, and our home is very sparely decorated with some modern artwork and furniture, not unlike the 80's style. It's nothing compared to you, of course. Back to the forum now to explore!

Hey Coop' date='I'm new to the forum, but just wanted to say what a great collection you have and your enthusiasm is fantastic. I'm having lots of fun looking through all the forum threads. I just recently got back into watching the show on Centric channel and have begun DVRing them to make sure I see each episode. I watched the show in its original run when I was in high school, and it's fun and a bit nostalgic watching them again.In looking at your collection and home, it struck me how mutch of the lifestyle I have though it must have been subconscious or something. I live at marina in Long Beach CA, own a sailboat (though I don't live on it :) ), my wife drives a convertible that I use alot, and our home is very sparely decorated with some modern artwork and furniture, not unlike the 80's style. It's nothing compared to you, of course. Back to the forum now to explore![/quote']HI THERE!!!Well, it sure SOUNDS like your living a MIAMI VICE lifestyle! That's awesome! I always love hearing from those that are also doing it. Long Beach is a great place.I'd like to personally welcome you to this site. I hope you stay, and check out our website, and my SCRAPBOOK SECTION, as it will give your a better "MIAMI VICE" experience as you watch the show, and have support of over 4,000 Miami Vice members. We are here just like you are, we love the show, and want to relive it, and learn about it. We have the very top MIAMI VICE experts on all things MIAMI VICE. No other Miami Vice website has the experts that we have, or access to the information that is presented here. In fact....you are now a member of the WORLD'S LARGEST MIAMI VICE website!! We're also the most active VICE website in the World!You are amoung friends here. I'm here to answer any MIAMI VICE questions you may have. You'll also find that the members here are also very generous with information.I'd love to see some photos of your boat, car, house, etc. if you wish to share them (you don't have to if you don't want to).I look forward to seeing your user name online here, and having you enjoy your time here.WELCOME to MIAMI VICE HEAVEN!-COOP

awe-inspiring cop my friend' date=' your home,:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::cool::cool::cool::cool::eek::eek::eek:[/quote']Brother in Arms....what can I say? I love you man! :thumbsup:

HI THERE!!!Well' date=' it sure SOUNDS like your living a MIAMI VICE lifestyle! That's awesome! I always love hearing from those that are also doing it. Long Beach is a great place.I'd like to personally welcome you to this site. I hope you stay, and check out our website, and my SCRAPBOOK SECTION, as it will give your a better "MIAMI VICE" experience as you watch the show, and have support of over 4,000 Miami Vice members. We are here just like you are, we love the show, and want to relive it, and learn about it. We have the very top MIAMI VICE experts on all things MIAMI VICE. No other Miami Vice website has the experts that we have, or access to the information that is presented here. In fact....you are now a member of the WORLD'S LARGEST MIAMI VICE website!! We're also the most active VICE website in the World!You are amoung friends here. I'm here to answer any MIAMI VICE questions you may have. You'll also find that the members here are also very generous with information.I'd love to see some photos of your boat, car, house, etc. if you wish to share them (you don't have to if you don't want to).I look forward to seeing your user name online here, and having you enjoy your time here.WELCOME to MIAMI VICE HEAVEN!-COOP[/quote']Thanks for the warm welcome. As soon as I figure out how to attach pictures, I'll share some photos. I have to say it was not a conscious decision to live like Miami Vice, I simply always loved the ocean and made living by it, and all that goes with it, a priority of mine. The pictures of your place look great. Where is it located, if you don't mind me asking? It's on a lake correct?

Thanks for the warm welcome. As soon as i figure out how to attach pictures' date=' I'll share some photos. I have to say it was not a conscious decision to live like Miami Vice, I simply always loved the ocean and made living by it, and all that goes with it, a priority of mine. The pictures of your place look great. Where is it located, if you don't mind me asking? It's on a lake correct?[/quote']WELCOME BACK!The lake is located here in California in a private, gated community.I love MIAMI VICE that is, well, some might say unhealthy :). I'm REALLY into it! I'm obsessed with it. I'm interested in other things as well, like Star Wars movies, Alfa Romeo Spiders, WWII flight jackets, College Football (I follow all California teams, but favor USC greatly).I'm interested in many, many things actually.I understand that your living a kind of MIAMI VICE lifestyle was not a conscious decision, but it is kind of like one in most regards anyway. Lucky for you!I'd like to read more of your posts, and we would love to get to know you better!We look forward to you being an active member on this site!Any MIAMI VICE questions, I, or the other members will be happy to answer them.-COOP

Here are a couple of exterior shots of where I live in Long Beach. It's called Marina Pacifica. I live in a two story unit in the first photo, top two floors, third from the end. My sailboat is on the other side of the building and can't be seen. It's a Columbia 28 sloop called Irish Mist. I'll add pictures soon.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5627[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5628[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5629[/ATTACH]Here's a link to more photos: http://marinapacificahoa.com/photoalbum.php?gallery=Location Location Location!_1

post-10973-13892964259684_thumb.jpg

post-10973-13892964259982_thumb.jpg

post-10973-13892964260326_thumb.jpg

5627[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5628[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5629[/ATTACH]Here's a link to more photos: http://marinapacificahoa.com/photoalbum.php?gallery=Location Location Location!_1

WONDERFUL PHOTOS PAHONU!!!I can imagine myself living there. What a beautful view! I'd say that looks like MIAMI VICE.Now I'm really looking forward to viewing more photos!!! :thumbsup::clap:

WONDERFUL PHOTOS PAHONU!!!I can imagine myself living there. What a beautful view! I'd say that looks like MIAMI VICE.Now I'm really looking forward to viewing more photos!!! :thumbsup::clap:

You hit the nail on the head Coop. Long beach has several areas that look like Miami besides the various marinas: the canals in Naples, Colorado Lagoon, the downtown area, and others. You may not know this but it looks so much like Miami that CSI Miami films here! I've seen Miami-Dade police cars used for filming around here several times. It's an odd sight to see. I don't watch CSI Miami, but now that I've started watching Miami Vice again, there are a lot of similarities between the two cities that I had never noticed. I wonder if the show subconsciously drew me to the area??? :eek:

You hit the nail on the head Coop. Long beach has several areas that look like Miami besides the various marinas: the canals in Naples' date=' Colorado Lagoon, the downtown area, and others. You may not know this but it looks so much like Miami that CSI Miami films here! I've seen Miami-Dade police cars used for filming around here several times. It's an odd sight to see. I don't watch CSI Miami, but now that I've started watching Miami Vice again, there are a lot of similarities between the two cities that I had never noticed. I wonder if the show subconsciously drew me to the area??? :eek:[/quote']One way to tell the difference for those who don't live in Miami or the L.A. area is the palm trees. The ones we have here in L.A. are a different type than are found in Florida.Another thing that makes MIAMI VICE different was the fact that is was actually filmed in Miami, and not Los Angeles like CSI Miami does to save costs (with pick up shots from Miami edited in when needed).When MIAMI VICE was on the air, NBC threatened to take the show to L.A. because the show was so costly to produce, but in the long run, they decided against it, and it continued to be filmed in Miami.My friend, you need to buy some pastel clothing for your enviornment. Now is a good time too, as it's almost Easter. That's when white blazers, and pastel are available.Start liv'in the MIAMI VICE lifestyle!

I'm just curious looking at the photos here are all of your walls a neutral white and the floors either wood or a grey carpet?have you ever thought of maybe trying to use some non earth tone colors for your walls like a white yellow and maybe try to mix it up a touch without getting too much into the neon color realm?you know maybe something along the lines of the paint job of this Donzi boat minus the purple?

post-592-13892964260603_thumb.jpg

I'm just curious looking at the photos here are all of your walls a neutral white and the floors either wood or a grey carpet?have you ever thought of maybe trying to use some non earth tone colors for your walls like a white yellow and maybe try to mix it up a touch without getting too much into the neon color realm?you know maybe something along the lines of the paint job of this Donzi boat minus the purple?

I like the look of the large white walls. MIAMI VICE used LOTS of stark white walls in the homes, and touches of pastel, plants, and lights.My neon, and LED lights at night give the walls a great color over the whole wall. Pictures and things on the wall would ruien the effect. If I want yellow, all I have to do is change the color of the LED lights, as it has several different colors to choose from with the click of a button. I'm happy the way it is. :thumbsup:

My friend' date=' you need to buy some pastel clothing for your enviornment. Now is a good time too, as it's almost Easter. That's when white blazers, and pastel are available.Start liv'in the MIAMI VICE lifestyle![/quote']I have to be honest. I'm not into clothes at all. It's probably because I'm so tall (6-6) and don't have alot of choices that fit me. Plus I'm pretty active outdoors with lots of camping, hiking, swimming, sailing, and kayaking so I pick things that suit that. I wear lots of shorts, jeans, t-shirts, button ups and a few polos. Nothing too exciting. With my height I would attract alot more attention in a pastel blazer, if I could even find one to fit! I wear a 50 extra long jacket. It's just not my thing, but more power to you.

I like the look of the large white walls. MIAMI VICE used LOTS of stark white walls in the homes' date=' and touches of pastel, plants, and lights.My neon, and LED lights at night give the walls a great color over the whole wall. Pictures and things on the wall would ruien the effect. If I want yellow, all I have to do is change the color of the LED lights, as it has several different colors to choose from with the click of a button. I'm happy the way it is. :thumbsup:[/quote']fair enough its just I was looking to see if you had done anything with those kind of colors outside of using the neon as a color changer based on what your in the mood for. as I've been considering going for something like that yellow white that was used on the 58' caddie for my own bedroom plus I kind of want to stay away from the neutral colors like grey and white as I want to try something different from what everyone else seems to be going towards nowadays which are the light and dark greys and the whites for the walls but I dont want to go into the realmn of something like this too

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vnkbxLMwdI&feature=plcp&context=C4494c74V DvjVQa1PpcFO--Js14NG6VL3yfQAxffdHq-7ptFIEsVg=

at 2:54 and I only looked at the video to see just what was painted that color, as an electronic safe for a gun is a bad idea as when the power goes off not only are you lightless but your also out of a gun as welland personally I find that to be an eye sore and wouldnt want to live with that color, so I'm kind of just bouncing ideas around and trying to figure out what would be good to go with an already dark grey carpet (now that I'm considering changing over to a light grey one but not for the walls)and I kind of want to avoid blues as well as I feel like I've been defautling to that abit too much and want to try something different and for the most part as I dont really care for green eitheralthough when used properly on a car it does look great:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5634&stc=1&d=1333672617and in moderation like with the plants there, but straight green over a large surface like a wall is too much.
I have to be honest. I'm not into clothes at all. It's probably because I'm so tall (6-6) and don't have alot of choices that fit me. Plus I'm pretty active outdoors with lots of camping' date=' hiking, swimming, sailing, and kayaking so I pick things that suit that. I wear lots of shorts, jeans, t-shirts, button ups and a few polos. Nothing too exciting. With my height I would attract alot more attention in a pastel blazer, if I could even find one to fit! I wear a 50 extra long jacket. It's just not my thing, but more power to you.[/quote']well you could always go for the clint eastwood collection, he did use the same clothes from Dirty Harry (1971) Eingefügtes Bildin the last film after all in 89' Eingefügtes Bildand he was 6 foot 4.

post-592-13892964260831_thumb.jpg

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vnkbxLMwdI&feature=plcp&context=C4494c74V DvjVQa1PpcFO--Js14NG6VL3yfQAxffdHq-7ptFIEsVg= at 2:54 and I only looked at the video to see just what was painted that color' date=' as an electronic safe for a gun is a bad idea as when the power goes off not only are you lightless but your also out of a gun as welland personally I find that to be an eye sore and wouldnt want to live with that color, so I'm kind of just bouncing ideas around and trying to figure out what would be good to go with an already dark grey carpet (now that I'm considering changing over to a light grey one but not the walls)and I kind of want to avoid blues as well as I feel like I've been defautling to that abit too much and want to try something different and for the most part I dont like green eitheralthough when used properly on a car it does look great:[img']http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5634&stc=1&d=1333672617and in moderation like with the plants there, but straight green is too much.

I have found that after living with dark brown, light brown, and yellow for a long time, I feel my mood is better when my home now has pastel colors. It's easy on the eyes, and is relaxing. Also, pastel colors all go together, where primary colors do not all go together. I wouldn't want white carpet, as that would get dirty REALLY quick! My carpet is a very light tan, and looks very well with the surroundings.My bedroom is all white and black. (Black bed frame and headboard, white sheets, including the comforter) I actually based it on a room in the episode PRODIGAL SON when in the house Gina was shot in. Although the room and it's furniture is different than mine, that's where I got the idea from.

I have to be honest. I'm not into clothes at all. It's probably because I'm so tall (6-6) and don't have alot of choices that fit me. Plus I'm pretty active outdoors with lots of camping' date=' hiking, swimming, sailing, and kayaking so I pick things that suit that. I wear lots of shorts, jeans, t-shirts, button ups and a few polos. Nothing too exciting. With my height I would attract alot more attention in a pastel blazer, if I could even find one to fit! I wear a 50 extra long jacket. It's just not my thing, but more power to you.[/quote']Sounds great. No problem pal! :thumbsup:

I have found that after living with dark brown' date=' light brown, and yellow for a long time, I feel my mood is better when my home now has pastel colors. It's easy on the eyes, and is relaxing. Also, pastel colors all go together, where primary colors do not all go together. I wouldn't want white carpet, as that would get dirty REALLY quick! My carpet is a very light tan, and looks very well with the surroundings.My bedroom is all white and black. (Black bed frame and headboard, white sheets, including the comforter) I actually based it on a room in the episode PRODIGAL SON when in the house Gina was shot in. Although the room and it's furniture is different than mine, that's where I got the idea from.[/quote']Yeah my bedroom is of a similar nature right now after getting the old wall paper off and cleaning off the wallpaper glue. its basically a dark grey carpet and a light beige paint job save for under where the wall paper was that is now a straight white. Took me a full week to get that stuff off.along with dark blue and black bedsheets and curtains, hmm maybe that's the first thing I should change next to lighten it up abit and sort of the same color wood furniture as your wood floors there in your living room, about the same texture roughly.actually the more I think about it maybe the yellow isnt a good idea and I did actually have the kitchen redone from a dark redish paint job to a pastel blue and its amazing how much bigger and lighter that seems now along with medium grey tileshmmm maybe go for a medium grey carpet, all around white walls and change the bedsheets and curtains to a much lighter color (needs to be changed anyways as the curtains are letting in far too much light anyways) as I'm atleast tired of dark blue, light blue however might be a welcome change.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5635[/ATTACH]I want my br to look something like this - mixing blacks & whites is perfection in my eyes. Around the canopy in this D.C. hotel room, there is neon backlighting which creates a superb modern effect.

post-30-13892964261203_thumb.jpg