RIP Toots Thielemans

Dadrian

We have lost one of the greatest musicians in history. Surely you've heard this guy play harmonica, guitar, or even whistling somewhere in your life. His career is really amazing. He passed at 94 years young, and he truly left his mark on the world.

;(;(;(

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 2

Very sad.....Toots Thielemans was a giant in the music business. He was featured on many records by top performers. ;(

Thank you Dadrian for those videos. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I was looking at Toots Thielemans bio because I thought he was on Henry Mancini's albums. Sure enough, he played that beautiful harmonica on "Moon River."  He was also on Midnight Cowboy & Soldier in the Rain. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

I was looking at Toots Thielemans bio because I thought he was on Henry Mancini's albums. Sure enough, he played that beautiful harmonica on "Moon River."  He was also on Midnight Cowboy & Soldier in the Rain. 

Shame a real talent - rip . Also loved his harmonica work on Billy Joel's "Leave a tender moment alone " track from 1984 and Joel's "Innocent Man " album:D:D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Also loved his harmonica work on Billy Joel's "Leave a tender moment alone " track from 1984 and Joel's "Innocent Man " album:D:D

Did you see the links above? Great minds :) 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Yes I did but after I posted about Toots appearing on Joel's "An Innocent Man" album !!:D:fireworks::dance:

31 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

• Like 1