The world is what you make it

Viceman Cometh

And if that's true, I suppose I have a right and maybe even a duty to try to start a topic I care about. Even if its certain fate is to sink like a stone out of the home page "top ten" list in a half-day's time.Truth is, I think I'm starting to suffer from that ol' ennui that has befallen so many Vicers before me. The listlessness and heard-it-all-before jadedness that has caused so many to fall by the wayside. The biggest difference being that I still love the show and watch it regularly, where some of these others have even given up on that.Ever since we all moved here to The Ark after the great Thanksgiving flood, I've been in a state of flux. Because truthfully, it's not enough to have a nice place to come talk about Vice (or Burn Notice or Wal-Mart henleys or handrail underlighting or whatever the hell other tangents clog it up). I want to annihilate the "other" site off the ****ing face of the earth. It is run by morons and populated by thugs and wimps. But I guess I am alone in this sentiment. I guess I need to "move on." I need to focus on the positives we have here instead of dwelling on past wrongs that have gone unpunished. But I can't.We were forced off the ranch by idiots, then slapped around by worthless pieces of crap. And now that the dust has settled, the idiots are still running the old place and the thugs have faded into the woodwork. It was so damned important for them to get "their" site back, and now they've disappeared. Because there's no one left to fight with. They discounted the danger of vanquishing the enemy: when you're addicted to upheaval, it's not about winning, it's about keeping your adversary alive so the fight can continue. Yes, sorta like Itchy and Scratchy.Well, I'm still ready to fight. But I'm not addicted to upheaval. I just hate to see *******s not get their comeuppance. And being happy here isn't revenge enough. I want figurative blood. But I'll never get it, will I.Hence the ennui.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Ferrariman

• Viceman Cometh

• Tony D.

I read al that too, all I have to say is Apocalypse Now!!!! Seriously, let the other site keep in existence, it's like the New York Times of the Vice world, sooner or later, their ignorance will catch up with them and they will self-destruct, I think it started it's self destruction after kicking Ferrariman off, one of the most prestigious of the community, they lost Cooper&Burnett, it's over for them, if they're reading this, they have the chance to change they're ways or fall into obscurity.

Thanks for your responses. I needed to vent. I am well aware that a very compelling argument can be made that this type of fansite isn't the place for "heavy stuff" like this.

I can't blame you for wanting .org gone. I'm getting my revenge by having fun here but I think .org will go down. I want it to go down so hard it doesn't come back up.And that's all I'm askin.It'll happen. Eventually.In the immortal words of Martin Castillo, that's not our decision.

• Administrators

Viceman, I agree with you 100% I also agree that I want the site to stay afloat just so I can check in daily to listen to the crickets chirp. It has become a pathetic shell of it's former self and no matter how many improvements they make, the heart and soul (the membership) is gone. I once told one of the new owners that greed is a dangerous thing. Since then every single thing I predicted has come true, almost step by step. The site now exists for a bunch of one post wonders, admins that can't answer the simplest of questions and bullies that have nobody left to bully. It may be as close to comeuppance as we can hope for but I think they still have a ways left to fall. I share in your feelings about it "not being enough" and I plan to have a ringside seat when they hit rock bottom. I'll save you a seat! As they say at McDonald's "I'm lovin' it!" ...and yes, sometimes you just need to vent!

I took a copy of the Morgana thread - vain I know - and then I went through and deleted every one of my posts in it... I had to do it three times because they kept restoring it even though I pm-ed T & M and asked them to delete it, something they agreed to do... I noticed (I visit as a visitor about once a week to count tumbleweeds, a hobby of mine, and to check they haven't bloody restored it again) the other day that T thought a problem on the site had deleted half of my thread!!!I understand your frustration, I really do, but the other site will die a slow, lingering and extremely painful death... and I don't think we need to help any more than we already have by leaving!

Wow, I'm kind of glad I didn't spend too much time on that site. Seems to be a lot of latent hostility here.

Sonny-Burnett, unfortunately, when people who said they were your friend then empty the contents of their knife drawer into your back you kind of end up bearing a grudge...I am glad that I no longer have to deal with people who, besides having to decide which outfit to wear when they get up in the morning, also have to pick one of their many faces!

Sonny-Burnett' date=' unfortunately, when people who said they were your friend then empty the contents of their knife drawer into your back you kind of end up bearing a grudge...I am glad that I no longer have to deal with people who, besides having to decide which outfit to wear when they get up in the morning, also have to pick one of their many faces![/quote']Sorry, not trying to kindle old wounds, and it seems others have had similar experiences over there. Hope your job search ends well and soon for you. Cheers, :cheers:S-B

S-B, didn't think you were Hon... just doing a Sonny and calling it as I see it...:rauchen:Thanks for the good wishes... :thumbsup:

Wow' date=' I'm kind of glad I didn't spend too much time on that site. Seems to be a lot of latent hostility here.[/quote']I would disagree. I don't think there's anything latent about the hostility!:D

Well, I gotta say, the war that erupted there and caused everyone to move here actually gave me a newfound sense of just how lucky I and everyone else is to have a community like the one we have here: No BS, no fighting, no pointless arguing. That's not a shot at .org, but rather a disturbingly high number of forums I've seen and/or lurked on. Actually, until the whole booting Fman incident, I never had a problem with .org or anyone on it. Granted, I tried to stay of fights because 1) I hate arguing and 2) it was none of my business.Don't get me wrong, I always held an appreciation for the high number of informative, knowledgeable, and friendly members that resided at .org and now here, but now I realize just how deep that appreciation is. I just wish the circumstances under which I found it had been a bit different.

Related comment I made to Cooper & Burnett on a thread in his "section":"Don't worry, Coop.Your identity is always safe with me. I'm the Burnett to your Cooper (or would that be the other way around)???I've been around the OCB squad room for a while, even before the Thanksgiving 2008 scare when we had to move to a new office over the holiday weekend, when some nasty crack dealers took the old office hostage and tried to bomb us out. See that - I'm a survivor, too. I admit to sometimes stopping by the old OCB office building every once in a while, just to see what's up. Seems pretty dead over there lately. Hopefully some nice new residents will move into our old office building, and might even be able to push out the dealers - I guess time will tell on that one.I'm glad we threw down our old badges, and signed on with the new OCB, and that the previous Sheriff came over with us, to keep everything running in a competent and professional manner.There, I'm done with that mini-rant. Be cool, Coop."

Guest The Talk
[B">

"Don't worry' date=' Coop.Your identity is always safe with me. I'm the Burnett to your Cooper (or would that be the other way around)???I've been around the OCB squad room for a while, even before the Thanksgiving 2008 scare when we had to move to a new office over the holiday weekend, when some nasty crack dealers took the old office hostage and tried to bomb us out. See that - I'm a survivor, too. ...[/b']

:thumbsup: Nicely wrapped way to tell ones opinion. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Nicely wrapped way to tell ones opinion. :thumbsup:

Thanks.I figured that people would either think as you did' date=' or alternatively, would think that I was a total nut case who thinks that he is a member of the OCB, and that Crockett is his real life partner (which would be really cool, but will never happen [darn it'] ).

• 2 weeks later...

Since I've been very busy lately, I've spent a lot less time on both MV sites. Yes, .org has been pretty lonely but one thing I've noticed is no one is knocking anyone on .ws as I am reading in this thread.Will people ever forgive & forget :confused:

• Administrators

You're right Tony people haven't bashed .ws They would actually have to visit .org to do that. The only new posts I see are the MV social lounge. Any intelligent Vice related questions go unanswered. A lot of members were badly burned on .org. In a perfect world people should be able to forgive and forget but that's not the case. You always remain neutral so you don't become a victim. Others weren't so lucky. As for my above post, I don't advertise what happened on .org but if someone wants to know I'll gladly tell them. Tifany wanted .org in the worst way, she got it, and it puts a smile on my face every time I check in to see her wandering the site all by her lonesome. That to me is truly poetic justice.

Will people ever forgive & forget :confused:

I was going to write a long explanation, but I've decided to keep it simple. This is my personal answer to the question: No.

Since I've been very busy lately' date=' I've spent a lot less time on both MV sites. Yes, .org has been pretty lonely but one thing I've noticed is no one is knocking anyone on .ws as I am reading in this thread.Will people ever forgive & forget :confused:[/quote']You have now authored "LOST OUR PASSION!" in the General section, and now you have posted the question to us here "WILL PEOPLE EVER FORGIVE AND FORGET."Virtually everyone here has tried to move on, and not mention it. It's a closed chapter. We are trying to mind our own business, and leave well enough alone, and not stir up trouble. Why must you insist on trying to make the victims forgive? What do we need to forgive Tony? Forgive cruel, underhandedness? Reward evil deeds by forgiving it? Evil exists because good people choose to do nothing. You are showing that you are the type of person who will let people steal from you, and refuse to hold them accountable, and will forgive them. You are the type of person that allows evil to continute to exist.Under the circumstances, perhaps it would be better if you were to stay over there Tony.

Oh, I would hope that everyone is welcome here. Especially someone with such a rich history of fandom as TD.In fact, sometimes I even think we should throw the doors open to the d-bags. Then we could bully the s**t out of them for a change.

You are wrong, Coop, I don't want to see evil go unpunished. That's why I love Miami Vice so much! Not to get into a religious discussion .....but my faith says God hates the sin but loves the sinner. ......and there will be a Last Judgement where God will reward & punish perfectly! There are 2 sides to every story, and people on .org also see themselves as "victims." This is not for me to determine, so I stay neutral as Lou said & treat everyone as I want to be treated.What lured me into this discussion was Viceman's line in the opening thread.... ....."I want to annihilate the "other" site off the ****ing face of the earth. It is run by morons and populated by thugs and wimps."This was very unkind & untrue. No matter what you think of the owners, they originally had good intentions of saving .org from Randolph's neglect, until the rift with Ferrariman. Again, I don't know the whole story so I can't say that anyone is completely blameless.Viceman, we are not all thugs & wimps over there. Little Miss Dangerous, Maynard, Gstien are still posting. Yes, Rick, Srobak & even Pierre- Philippe are back & everyone has been behaving like intelligent adults. Until that changes, I will post there, and I hope, despite my unpopular opinions, I will be allowed to post on .ws also.