The world is what you make it

Viceman Cometh

(That is a line from the movie "A Good Year", and the photo is of Archie Panjabi, the actress that delivered that line in the movie). The movie is enjoyable from an "admirer of beautiful women" point of view, with Marion Cotillard in a major role. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401445/

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Ferrariman

• Viceman Cometh

• Tony D.

I haven't read all the responses and I haven't even witnessed the arguments on the other site, but I've been a member there nevertheless. With that said, I can say I found a better place and moved on. It's human to feel anger and maybe want revenge but didn't Sonny say, when people seek revenge 'that's when wrong people get killed', I mean from my point of view their demise is imminent, it doesn't take a scientist to figure out that the site had completely changed from what it was like years ago. They're doing your avenging for you by themselves, just sit back relax and watch them go down.Well I hope I wasn't too uninformative. Good luck and prosper.

This is unbelievable! I saw this thread for the first time today' date=' wasted hours of my time trying to bring some good will between the sites and all I accomplished was to stir up anger & hatred towards myself. I wasn't accusing anyone here of wrongdoing. ........so I will take your advice & drop the subject. I'll still do the DVD Reviews if you want and don't worry, I will definitely not tell anyone on .org about all the hatred I saw on here! I don't betray anyone, certainly not my former "friends." I think I finally learned my lesson.....Mind my own business & keep my opinions to myself![/quote']Well, I've had a few days to ruminate on the latest dust-up,and it's my sincere hope that one day I'll be seeing the name of Tony D popping up on this board regularly, just like back in the old days. Though I do understand, TD, how you might be feeling a little beat up. Or even a lot beat up. Sometimes I feel like the only one left who gives a crap whether you stay or not.But I have to take issue with one thing from the post I quoted here, and it's really sticking in my craw. It's the cavalier way the word "hatred" was tossed around. I think I need to remind you of the hatred and bile thrown around on a regular basis by BGrade and his ilk. THAT's real hatred. I hope to be a "current" friend of yours for a long time to come.

Viceman, It was your opening post that drew me into this discussion, but it was other people's remarks that caused me to use the word, "hatred". I guess that is too strong a word to use, although being dropped as a friend & warned not to let the door hit me on the way out, made me feel rejected, to say the least. I realize that you are the only one who put in a good word for me, and I thank you & consider you a current friend. Yes, what was said to people on the other site was true hatred! It will take me a little time to let my wounds heal, before I can post here, without weighing every word.

Tony.Will you let them know about these posts on this thread and betray us? I think you will.If anything odd' date=' or out of the ordinary happens, We'll know you did.By the way, who's the current resident MIAMI VICE expert over there? I don't really recall what in depth MIAMI VICE expertise came from the new owners, do you?WE were .org.The Trivia experts, Jan Hammer experts, Cast and Crew/blazers and clothing experts, in depth knowledge experts, Daytona experts, Stinger experts, and many others are..........here.[/quote']Being VICEMAN COMETH and I have both just been suspended, ....Who tipped them off? .......I'll bet I know who.

Cooper and Burnett wrote: "Truth is, I think I'm starting to suffer from that ol' ennui that has befallen so many Vicers before me. The listlessness and heard-it-all-before jadedness that has caused so many to fall by the wayside. The biggest difference being that I still love the show and watch it regularly, where some of these others have even given up on that".Well friend, I feel the fire :clap: in you everytime. MV, and all there is to know and have about it, is THE show for you and still for a lot of us, including me. I know, just as well as you, that everything we read here has passed us before. That is the way it goes when a show -we love- is farther and farther away. We talk about 1984-1989 here! But I still like to talk about the wayfarer and the clothes and the cars and DJ and everything else. Everyone has something to tell about it in allways a different way. For example; I started to write about DJ's house on Star Island again. This time it was the first time you reacted. So,...it was new and interresting. You know? Perhaps we're geeks, but what the hell. I still enjoy it and the rest will agree.With respect; Omaha

Viceman' date=' It was your opening post that drew me into this discussion, but it was other people's remarks that caused me to use the word, "hatred". I guess that is too strong a word to use, although being dropped as a friend & warned not to let the door hit me on the way out, made me feel rejected, to say the least. I realize that you are the only one who put in a good word for me, and I thank you & consider you a current friend. Yes, what was said to people on the other site was true hatred! It will take me a little time to let my wounds heal, before I can post here, without weighing every word.[/quote']Come on Tony, You know you are my hero!I allways have a soft spot for you and youre trying to keep everyone happy.Stay!

Cooper and Burnett wrote: "Truth is' date=' I think I'm starting to suffer from that ol' ennui that has befallen so many Vicers before me. The listlessness and heard-it-all-before jadedness that has caused so many to fall by the wayside. The biggest difference being that I still love the show and watch it regularly, where some of these others have even given up on that".[/quote']Really, I don't mind that people give less of a crap about my suspension than Coop's. But quoting my stuff and crediting him? Wow, the indignity. Guess I'll just crawl in a hole.

Cooper and Burnett wrote: "Truth is' date=' I think I'm starting to suffer from that ol' ennui that has befallen so many Vicers before me. The listlessness and heard-it-all-before jadedness that has caused so many to fall by the wayside. The biggest difference being that I still love the show and watch it regularly, where some of these others have even given up on that".Omaha[/quote']Hi my friend.You mistakingly quoted what VICEMAN COMETH said, and credited me.I didn't write that. VICEMAN COMETH did.Kindly,COOP

Being VICEMAN COMETH and I have both just been suspended' date=' ....Who tipped them off? .......I'll bet I know who.[/quote']Sorry, Coop, but if you think it was me, you're wrong! I haven't mentioned anything that was said here on .org. Aren't people on .org able to read posts here without being members?

Sorry' date=' Coop, but if you think it was me, you're wrong! I haven't mentioned anything that was said here on .org. [/quote']That's gonna be kinda hard to prove isn't it?I believe my prediction was correct.

You didn't quote my entire post, Coop. I also said : " Aren't people on .org able to read posts here without being members?" They have eyes and opinions, I don't have to tell them anything, and I didn't! My whole intention was to see harmony, not discord, so why should I start trouble over there? If you don't believe me, too bad, but that's the truth. ALSO, I told Lou I was going to leave well enough alone, so now it's your turn.

• Administrators

Aren't people on .org able to read posts here without being members?

Every word. Just curious Tony, what reason do you think they had to suspend Coop? I'm only looking for your opinion.

I really don't know why they suspended him, Lou.....or even more strange, why they suspended NoFretz! My only thought is that Coop wanted his scrapbook removed from .org, which they probably feel is now their property, so they suspended him instead. Coop is right when he says his work is an asset to the .org site, but if he isn't posting they should delele his material & let him take it elsewhere.

I really don't know why they suspended him' date=' Lou.....or even more strange, why they suspended NoFretz! My only thought is that Coop wanted his scrapbook removed from .org, which they probably feel is now their property, so they suspended him instead. Coop is right when he says his work is an asset to the .org site, but if he isn't posting they should delele his material & let him take it elsewhere.[/quote']I haven't posted over there in several months.Neither has srobak.According to your view, srobak should be banned anytime now.

...or even more strange' date=' why they suspended NoFretz![/quote']i'm still active...sshhhhh :)i didn't stop posting on m-v.org and j-h.net due to any of the conflict. i just got tired of trying to keep up with 3 sites. this site has everything i need, so i concentrated all my posts to this one.i wish the other sites all the best! long live MV and JH!i think the people from the other sites are still enjoying my covers, and i hope they continue to do so.

Hi my friend.You mistakingly quoted what VICEMAN COMETH said' date=' and credited me.I didn't write that. VICEMAN COMETH did.Kindly,COOP[/quote']OOOps Coop, i'm sorry. Viceman Cometh, sorry man. My mistake.

Sometimes I go out on a limb and share the weirder side of my sense of humor with the gang. It was only a joke, guys. I love all of you!

Just thought I'd post this here.I've loved Miami Vice for many years. I always wished there was a forum where I could discuss the show. One day, a couple of years back, I found .org, I read it everyday but never joined, because there were people over there that seemed to exist to do nothing but piss off the Miami Vice fans.That's why I joined .ws. This place weeded out the jerks and has left us with one hell of a great community. I hope any other cool Miami Vice fans from .org also make the jump over the .ws. It's like the jump from DVD to Blu-ray! Trust me!

Just thought I'd post this here.I've loved Miami Vice for many years. I always wished there was a forum were I could discuss the show. One day' date=' a couple of years back, I found .org, I read it everyday but never joined, because there were people over there that seemed to exist to do nothing but piss off the Miami Vice fans.That's why I joined .ws. This place weeded out the jerks and has left us with one hell of a great community. I hope any other cool Miami Vice fans from .org also make the jump over the .ws. It's like the jump from DVD to Blu-ray! Trust me![/quote']THIS seems to be the general concensus. 99.9% of members agree with you.You will be treated VERY nice here.If you need anything, my screen name is COOPER&BURNETT, and I'll be the first to help you with whatever you need here. We all will.This is a safe haven here, and true vice fans are here to enjoy MIAMI VICE with you!Can't wait to read your posts! :thumbsup:

• Administrators

Nice post Pal! Thank you! You can also get help from any of the group of Mods and admins on the site. We're on both sides of the globe so you can get help literally any time of the day or night! Just click "Team" in the navigation box on the home page if you need us!

This is a safe haven here' date=' and true vice fans are here to enjoy MIAMI VICE with you![/quote']I like that, C&B. Indeed, .ws is very easy going. :clap::clap::clap: