My Crockett Style Sunglass Collection

MTVcops

RAYBAN Clubmaster W0365 Black

Worn by Don Johnson behind the scenes, while filming Victims Of Circumstances which I personally took back in 89

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MIAMI VICE PICS 120001.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by MTVcops

3 hours ago, MTVcops said:

RAYBAN Clubmaster W0365 Black

Worn by Don Johnson behind the scenes, while filming Victims Of Circumstances which I personally took back in 89

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Which episode !?

As we discussed in a number of threads in here DJ wore REVOS, model 840/001 in Blue lenses during the Burnett arc in S4/5, not the Persols as you commented both in here and in the Revos Lookalike thread some time ago. This was confirmed by someone in here who remembered Revo delivering a number of these models to the Vice set, though the Revo label was subsequently removed during production. And close-ups compared by Cooper&Burnett to his models confirmed this as well.

I'll go with what I was told by Charlie The PropMaster himself who actually supplied Vice with props & who by the way sold me one of the Original Tortoise RayBan Wayfarers worn by DJ in the first 2 Seasons which had clear/amber flat lenses designed to block the reflection of the cameras.

Right....now it's the "Prop-master"....lol   Tell you what, I'll go with other members perspectives on this, not to mention the obvious if you do a close-up inspection.

I'll go with facts given by someone who was actually involved with the show.  Most likely Revos delivered to the set went to the Crew lol..........

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by MTVcops

Ah more guessing on your part I see .The 09219s may have been worn in S3, not S4 as you stated and alternated with the other Persol model 69218. (see one source: http://miamivice.wikia.com/wiki/James_"Sonny"_Crockett) .

Since you specified S4 and enclosed a blue tinted version of the 09219 I inferred you were referring to the Burnett arc. The blue mirrored Revos were worn during the Burnett arc, and can easily be identified with their thinner arms and frame vs the 09219. 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

I'd love to see a picture as well...I said "may have" giving credit to Miamivice wiki.  I have only spotted the 69218s in S3 as they have huge arms and are fairly thick...I own several pair.

Your point about Blue Mirrored 09219s being used in S4 is incorrect, and as far as I know they were never seen in the series tinted Blue (or possibly at all) and only the Revos were shown in Blue Mirror during the Burnett arc, as that IMO set him apart from his alter ego. As I said, the Revos are easily distinguished by their thin arms and frame. You may be correct that the 09219s appeared (but in S3) per the wikia article, but I have not seen them and apparently neither have you.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

I didn't pull this information out of a hat, I was told by Charlie the Propmaster while purchasing the Original RAYBAN Wayfarers worn by DJ.

I was hoping he would have other sunglasses or even clothing but he only had director chairs, champagne bottles and other small miscellaneous items remaining.

Edited by MTVcops

Don't know what to tell you....perhaps he confused the Seasons where worn?? We have seen such things happen with actors on the series who mis-remembered events, locations, timing and such. Somewhere in here, I think Cooper&Burnett's scrapbook, there are a number of close-up shots of sunglasses worn by Crockett including the Revos. Have a look and then compare to screencaps.  I'm still perplexed by the Wikia article referencing these Persols shown in S3.  

• Like 1

Thnx, I'll check out Coops sunglasses and compare them.

Although in my personal opinion, I doubt a millionaire like Don Johnson who wore $1,000 + suits and I believe directed those episodes would wear cheap Revo sunglasses vs Persols valued at $600 + . 

Who knows maybe Persol provided the show with model 09219 since they basically promoted the hell out of the 69218 during season 3.

BTW I'm not putting down Revo sunglasses, I actually owned a pair of 840/001 but sold them after finding out from Charlie that DJ wore Persols 09219.

Below are pictures of 1 of the Original Rayban Wayfarers worn by Don Johnson in Seasons 1 & 2 which I purchased about 6 years ago from The PropMaster.

I decided to sell them 2 years later because they did not fit or look right, this was due to the custom made straight, clear/amber lenses designed to block the reflection of the camera.

Of course now I'm kicking myself for selling them, although I did try contacting the buyer several times to buy them back but NO ANSWER :(

DJ rayban7 (2).jpg

DJ rayban6 (2).jpg

DJ rayban5 (2).jpg

DJ rayban8.jpg

image.png

DJ rayban7 (2).jpg

DJ rayban6 (2).jpg

DJ rayban5 (2).jpg

DJ rayban8.jpg

Edited by MTVcops
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MTVcops said:

Below are pictures of 1 of the Original Rayban Wayfarers worn by Don Johnson in Seasons 1 & 2 which I purchased about 6 years ago from The PropMaster.

I decided to sell them 2 years later because they did not fit or look right, this was due to the custom made straight, clear/amber lenses designed to block the reflection of the camera.

Of course now I'm kicking myself for selling them, although I did try contacting the buyer several times to buy them back but NO ANSWER :(

DJ rayban7 (2).jpg

DJ rayban6 (2).jpg

DJ rayban5 (2).jpg

DJ rayban8.jpg

Thanks for pictures and information!!