Persol Ratti 09219 Made in Italy

Black with Blue Mirror Lenses 

NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH REVO

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

These are great shades!!

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

That's not the same model, though, right? The temples are much narrower. 

Compared to the other Persol you mean? The 69218 model in S3 has much wider arms and frame.

This one was discussed on the previous page and is similar to the Revo 840/001 but has not been shown to be used in the series.

As stated by the Ebay seller on his title & confirmed by Miami Vice series prop supplier, this style was worn by Don Johnson in Miami Vice.

Here are 2 other sellers offering the same model, titles also include "Miami Vice"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112043425869

https://www.vintage-sunglasses-shop.com/eyewear/9497/persol-09219-ratti-miami-vice

Edited by MTVcops

23 minutes ago, MTVcops said:

As stated by the Ebay seller on his title & confirmed by Miami Vice series prop supplier, this style was worn by Don Johnson in Miami Vice.

Here are 2 other sellers offering the same model, titles also include "Miami Vice"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112043425869

https://www.vintage-sunglasses-shop.com/eyewear/9497/persol-09219-ratti-miami-vice

We've already had this discussion, yet you cannot show a single scene/episode where these glasses were worn. Even though we know Revos were worn, are you still claiming these were Blue tinted and worn in the Burnett arc? The Ebay sellers are showing other colored lenses and even Wiki as I mentioned before mentioned these as possibly worn in S3, well before the Burnett arc. 

And if you do a search under sunglasses for Miami Vice ( as a marketing tool) ..you will see a dozen more listings for various sunglasses that were obviously not worn on the series....they are simply using references and Key words to broaden the interested customer base.  

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

I'm not claiming anything, this info came from an actual prop supplier for Vice. Is is true, don't know nor due I care. I'm just stating what I was told, below are some pictures, you be the judge.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by MTVcops

Look at the width of the arms as they meet the frame on the Persols in your photo above, and to me they appear wider than your screenshots of DJ. And even more noticeable to me is the thickness of the frame where the arm meets frame on the Persols...note how thick the frame is there compared to the relatively thin frame on the DJ screenshot, and of the Revos.

Revos shown as follows:

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

I personally don't have any facts to go by, but just from the pictures, the Revos look to be an exact match to the ones in the MV screen caps there. Both really cool shades, regardless of who's right. :cool::thumbsup:

• Like 1

Good for you pal, I respect your choice and opinion.

I'll go with what I was told by someone who was actually involved with the show and who sold me a pair of Original Rayban Wayfarers worn by Don Johnson in the show.

Yeah I'm certainly not arguing your facts, just an objective observation. The temples on Crx sunglasses look thinner than the Persols in these pics is all I'm saying. If they weren't Revos, it's very easy to see how ppl would be mistaken (by appearance alone). 

• Like 3

I get what your saying, but what do you think  happened to the Revo logo which is embossed on one arm and the 2 decorative round metal inserts that can be found on all 840-001 models.

I've owned a few of these Revos and they all had them.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

33 minutes ago, MTVcops said:

I get what your saying, but what do you think  happened to the Revo logo which is embossed on one arm and the 2 decorative round metal inserts that can be found on all 840-001 models.

I've owned a few of these Revos and they all had them.

I own a mint pair of the Revos as well, and the member who commented some years back about these being delivered to the set by a company Rep indicated that a number of them were supplied in different colors, and without the logo if I recall correctly, most likely because of product placement issues with fees. As to the tiny metal pins, the screenshots I've seen have not been high enough resolution to see whether they are visible or may have been spot touched.

What cannot be touched or hidden is what me and Dadrian have both commented on in that the temples are noticeably thinner on the DJ screencaps and from all the photos posted in here that is something the Revos have and your Persols do not appear to show. And to me the frames on the Persols are also thicker.

And btw, one of the ebay sellers responded to my query and only offered that a 'friend' told him they were worn on the series. Not much support I'd say and is more likely than not just an attempt to increase value on Ebay and attract more buyers using that Key Word. You seem to be hung up on what someone who claimed to be on the show told you, but did it ever occur to you that perhaps he was either misremembering or trying to sound "in the know" when perhaps he did not? It wouldn't be the first time either we have seen people misremembering locations, events, or even claiming to have something used on the show, or even Daytonas driven on the series. I recall a Reseller who made that claim on his cars, so why not sunglasses?

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

8 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Yeah I'm certainly not arguing your facts, just an objective observation. The temples on Crx sunglasses look thinner than the Persols in these pics is all I'm saying. If they weren't Revos, it's very easy to see how ppl would be mistaken (by appearance alone). 

Thank you Dadrian for your input,

FREEDOM OF CHOICE is a beautiful thing :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Yeah the Revo logo/screws would had to have been addressed. Good point. Don't the Persols have indentions near the temples also? Those indentions are visible on screen for the season 3 Persols. I don't see them on the season 4 screen caps above. I know MV costume staff weren't beyond modifying sunglasses though--like the Carreras Sonny wears in the pilot--2 or 3 modifications there, at least.

• Like 1

There is a screencap in here of Sonny when the Daytona shell is exploding and you can see the 2 vertical flex pins on the 69218 Persols, and the pin indentions are visible there.

Good point about the costume staff making mods to accessories including other glasses. We have seen other references in here about the lens modifications to the Wayfarers to give DJ protection against camera glare and if I'm not mistaken COOPER&BURNETT owns a pair of those.  And with anything being put out for auction on Ebay these days, whether it is sunglasses or Daytonas, my advice is Caveat Emptor.

On 25/08/2016 at 5:45 PM, MTVcops said:

Enjoy :thumbsup:

SEASON 1 & 2

RAYBAN Wayfarer 5024 Tortoise 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Fantastic post !

• 7 months later...