Daytona deerest

Bigsarg

10 minutes ago, Bigsarg said:

Seen the episode 100 times I bet. 

Okay, I was like "wow this guy is gonna see some great Daytona shots on this episode!" :) 

Was JN's car actually built by Carl Roberts himself?   If I remember correctly it was built by a guy who once worked for CR.  I have the files at my office so I will check it out.  Perhaps JN can chime in on this.  The poor guy must really be "disappointed" with the BS that Martino is spewing.   Martino doesn't even deserve JN's car IMO

• 3 weeks later...

Love all of the detail.  Wish you were not literally on the opposite side of the country from me...I would love to just drop of my daytona to the guys that did yours and just tell them to replicate :)

The fiberglass shields and air filter I did. It really wasn't that hard. Fiberglass and YouTube. I've done repairs before on my boat but never made custom pieces. Grant you. The pieces are not structurally sound.  Lot of air bubble, fix those with kitty hair/bondo. But they don't have to be strong like th hull of a boat.  They're Just cosmetic. I'd say if you like what I've done. Give it a try. Nothing to lose but a bit of money and time

pic: is my mold box for things that will be made out of fiberglass and grafted to my engine pieces I made; like what I did with the Mcburnie script on the hood

image.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thxs, Dadrian, I too have thought a gray is the way to go. 

Pic options are:

1- flat black

2- body color

3- gray

it's so hard to make this commitment. All help is appreciated  

If you have any pics that you would like to share, plz post them 

IMG_5438.PNG

IMG_5437.PNG

IMG_5434.PNG

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:53 AM, Bigsarg said:

I still haven't figured out the grill color. Either a gun medal gray or satin black. What do u guys think?  Thxs in advance

Gun metal grey for sure! Flat black would make it too dark on the front. You need the grey grille to give the front some detail and colour separation. It will blend in beautifully with the bumpers.

By the way great job on the glasswork for the ram.

Here are some pics from my hardrive and as you can see and I prefer the grey colour over black in my humble opinion.

Scan0001-192.jpg

Coastfront.jpg

daytona-nose.jpg

Scan0001-192.jpg

Coastfront.jpg

daytona-nose.jpg

Scan0001-192.jpg

Coastfront.jpg

daytona-nose.jpg

Edited by Stinger390X
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:53 AM, Bigsarg said:

I still haven't figured out the grill color. Either a gun medal gray or satin black. What do u guys think?  Thxs in advance

It seems that silver is not one of your choices, but if you're looking to duplicate the MV series car look, the McB grills are aluminum in a silver color as mine is. I polish it once or  twice a year to keep it looking shiny. I think the photos posted by stinger (photos 1 and 4) above are shots of the McB grill and if not polished they do take on a grayish or dull look as mine did before polishing.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett