Daytona deerest

Bigsarg

Thxs for the response on grill color. Think it's a done dill. Going with a gray painted color. Gun metal gray

anyone have good pics of the MV car's exhaust? My mufflers are behind the rear axle. I'm going to be moving them to in front of the axel. Behind the axel looks too muscle carish. MV car only has pipes coming out. But I just don't have the look down yet. All pics are appreciated. Thxs

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I posted THREE 3 arrbitrary pictures I had stored on my hardrive and six pictures show up? I went in and edited it by "cutting" the three copies of the six, leaving only three originals, and clicked "save"

Again six pictures show up???????????

I'm at a loss......................................gotta be those Russian hackers? :)

Edited by Stinger390X

• 2 weeks later...

Red or this one. I left it up to my shop. Also having their logo made. It will shine on the ground in front of the car when the hoods up and then one will shine on the ground behind the car whenever I put it in reverse. 

IMG_5530.PNG

IMG_5536.PNG

• Like 1

I was finally able to get the part made that says 365 H P. 1/4 inch in height. A play off of the 365 GTB name. I'm working on a mold for @ 1984 R P M. Play off the year. 

IMG_5537.JPG

• Like 1

Going to place it in one of these two locations. Which one do you think will look best?

it reads:

365 HP @ 1984 RPM

thxs as always for your input. 

It took a lot of tries to get a good part. There was always something wrong with the part and I had to keep trying until I got it right. The box of unwanted flawed parts shows the effort that was put into that one piece

image.jpg

IMG_5541.JPG

IMG_5330.JPG

image.jpg

IMG_5586.JPG

IMG_5637.JPG

Edited by Bigsarg

Thxs Dadrian, now the driver's side shield is shorter because of the brake buster being stationary and the engine rocking up when engine is reverse. Do you still think #2 is the best place? 

I just realized I didn't really have any pics of what all is on the shields:

Small Ferrari horse

V 12

IMG_5578.JPG

IMG_5577.JPG

IMG_5576.PNG

IMG_5330.JPG

IMG_5579.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

This will be the final layout of engine compartment. I'm going to put the 365HP @ 1984 RPM on the side of the air filter. Only the DVR side. 

IMG_5709.JPG

IMG_5713.JPG

IMG_5716.JPG

IMG_5715.JPG

IMG_5711.JPG

IMG_5710.JPG

• Like 1

These ds are just awesome! so well done...I'm impressed. Your quite the glassman!

Will you be painting them any particular colour? I think the valve cover parts might look good in a dull grey and the header in flat black to match the inner fenders? What are your thoughts?

Oh...and I forgot the air cleaner...what colour will you be painting it? There is this new paint process (well it's about 15 years old now) that you can spray on this silver and it looks like chrome when it cures! It's quite heat resistant but is damn expensive. I had the local paint rep show me a demo and |I painted a vent cowl panel for a 69 Torino GT. It turned out fabulous and looked like it was chrome plated! Put it back on the car and installed wiper blades and it looked fabulous against the colour of the car.

Edited by Stinger390X

Thxs Stinger. I'm thinking of going a flat black. Pretty much like they look now.  The Ferrari's covers & airfilter are flat black, and I like how they are just there and don't pop out at you. 

The puddle lights are going in today. 

IMG_5729.JPG

On 4/5/2017 at 9:13 AM, Bigsarg said:

Thxs Stinger. I'm thinking of going a flat black. Pretty much like they look now.  The Ferrari's covers & airfilter are flat black, and I like how they are just there and don't pop out at you. 

The puddle lights are going in today. 

IMG_5729.JPG

With the air filter being flat black, I hope you aren't meaning the filter itself? That would be terrible to figure out whether or not it is dirty or not haha :D 

• 1 month later...

Slow is slow. But a few more things have been finished. 

The engine fiberglass pieces have been finalized by the pros. I made them but I'm no body man. So they had to do the final body work to get them to show quality. Their ready for paint now.

You could see were the car had the rear red markers on the quarter panels from in the trunk. Thanks out, the Daytona Whisperer (Spyderman365gtb) was nice enough to send me some great pictures with measurements, so I could get them placed back in the right place. Plus he had the connection to get the correct markers for a great price. I just had to put them back in. My guess is Mcburnie wanted something a bit different when building this car. 

IMG_5853.JPG

IMG_5854.JPG

IMG_5855.JPG

IMG_5856.JPG

The biggest item for the car that has been finished isn't even on the car. I had a garage built in the back yard with a driveway to park her in. 

I just got home from having back surgery and the Wife and I were sitting on the back porch talking about the car. I said "we should build a garage back there for the car". My wife said "sure". Dam I'm an idiot! I could have gotten anything I wanted from her right then. I should of asked for a freaking helicopter or something. 

IMG_5759.JPG

IMG_5779.JPG

IMG_5841.JPG

• Like 3

Garage looks fabulous!

Glad to hear your ok from surgery. I know messing with the back is a major thing so glad it worked out for you.

Car is looking good so far. I see that body shop does nice work! Kudos.

I suppose your just itching to get out on the road with the wind in your hair? I just purchased TWO brand new crate engines for my boat and am re-powering with 454-440's which should give me an extra 800hp and about 20-25  mph more. I'll have to experiment with some prop changes but should be close to 100mph again.

This is a HUGE expense on my part but I got tired of messing around so I opened my wallet last month. I guess MY DAYTONA will be next year now that I am paying for the re-power.

If you ever get the top down and your heading north, grab the wife and pop by Niagara for a boat ride my friend. Love to have a cruise in the Daytona.

Edited by Stinger390X
  • Like 1

Wow. That's going to be a really fast boat. Never been on a boat going over 30 knots. Being a sailor my boat averages 6 knots on trips. 

Thxs for the invite. If I'm ever there I'll give you a shout. If your in Florida I'll take u sailing. 

My car's next to get painted. It is in the prep area. So they are finishing up all the lit details and dry fitting everything. 

Here they are converting my drop down headlight doors to the Rowley plexiglass kit. Their glassing in metal so the screws have a much better bite than with fiberglass.

IMG_5858.JPG

IMG_5859.JPG

• Like 1

D, I ordered the 72 crossspoked Dayton knockoffs the week before the accident. They had to build them for me. Took 3 months and they have been sitting in my garage for over a year. I think that's going to be the finishing touch

I've tried to make this car as close to the Vice car as I could. I think keeping the Ferrari interior panels and having them get the Vice look during upholstery was the way to go. I think I couldn't go wrong either way (corvette or Ferrari interior). I'm going with the clear plexy and round lights. This may be the only mistake I make. Not doing the square headlights and tented plexy like the Vice car. But my car had the drop headlight doors, so it had the blacked out headlight look for 30 yrs. I like the round/clear plexy look in pictures. I've never seen it in person. So if it doesn't look right, I'll get it changed. I'm prepared for the worst, hopping for the best 

IMG_5867.PNG

• Like 1