Daytona deerest

Bigsarg

Stinger let me know how the car works out. Any info you need to Help conversation of headlights, I’m sure we worked thru already. Hope I can help

On 15/08/2017 at 11:57 AM, playboy said:

Again, your car is amazing and I have sent this thread to the shop who is working on my car.  Any chance you can share your measurements for the mirror locations with us, so everyone else building these cars can also have 'accurate' replicas :)

Playboy, for mirror placement:  7 3/4” from edge of door

1/2 “ down from the seem 

jope that helps26E23E8E-F281-43FD-87D7-8D2BCE193EDA.thumb.jpeg.382214d426982051bd07f657c761765b.jpeg

762C6E01-2C54-412D-B0F7-5FFA508CC6AC.jpeg

Edited by Bigsarg
Pics

She’s back at the custom shop with her new shoes. I’m going to have the calipers painted a silver like DW has his. It looks better than yellow or black. 

Its dirty, but here it is. Still some minor things. But overall it’s really close. 

Will be debuting it at this car show. If your near  , it’s a big car show. It takes two days to go thru it all. Still don’t know where to place her: corvette, custom, or Ferrari. I’ll call them to find out. 

https://emeraldcoastcruizin.com/

E6AEFB94-8ED3-4537-AE22-3A0BC6948FA4.jpeg

385C8ACB-9F1E-4BF7-9B1E-8F67C921DA07.jpeg

5B75F511-6157-4923-BB52-CD005D94DE1A.jpeg

Edited by Bigsarg
Pic
  • Like 3

Here’s my daily driver. My Wife hates this old S 10. But u don’t have to wash it. The petunia is coming along great. Plus the BMW is a 5 speed, so drinking coffee in the morning isn’t fun. 

5559127E-5634-406C-8388-EFD5A9C11762.jpeg

AA015B0E-D713-4057-BC91-0EFEB2213EAB.jpeg

• Haha 1

Great sticker!!!!!! :)

The wheels look fabulous! That is another thing I will need to change out if I buy this car. It doesn't have tru-spokes and of course what is a Daytona without spoked wheels? Where did you get yours?

I met a guy named Bobby Johns in Miami (he used to be a race car driver in the 60's) a couple of years ago He has a warehouse full of rims and I bought some stuff from him that was hard to find. I might check him out and see if he has any tru-spokes. Is there a brand name that you got?

Edited by Stinger390X

I got my rims from Dayton. I didn’t go with Zennith because Dayton’s can be trued back if need be. Zennith can not. So it’s a lit cheeper  to get them trued up then replacing the rim. I think they were 24 or $2600 for all four rims and hardware. Yes, they do make a big difference in the overall look of the Daytona. Thxs

Great  to know bigsarg...thanks

I had a brain fart and couldn't remember the name "Zenith" but thanks for letting me know about the Daytons. I will definitely take a look at those. I'm in GA right now and I can't believe that moron has not returned my emails or called me on the phone! I have my business appointment for Monday at 8am and I would only be about ten miles from this guy. I have tried to contact him for over a week now and feel this car is just another phoney! I left him my email and phone number now a half dozen times and no reply?

Oh well...another disappointment. I guess I will just do my regular business. Could you imagine if I drove all this way for only the car? What the hell are these guys thinking who advertise this $hit?

4 hours ago, Stinger390X said:

Great  to know bigsarg...thanks

I had a brain fart and couldn't remember the name "Zenith" but thanks for letting me know about the Daytons. I will definitely take a look at those. I'm in GA right now and I can't believe that moron has not returned my emails or called me on the phone! I have my business appointment for Monday at 8am and I would only be about ten miles from this guy. I have tried to contact him for over a week now and feel this car is just another phoney! I left him my email and phone number now a half dozen times and no reply?

Oh well...another disappointment. I guess I will just do my regular business. Could you imagine if I drove all this way for only the car? What the hell are these guys thinking who advertise this $hit?

Stinger if you are interested in the Zenith wire wheels  (used on the show cars) I have a contact at the company where many former employees now work. Zenith is out of business but these guys still do restoration work on Zenith wheels and may have a line on some to purchase 

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, Sonny-Burnett said:

Stinger if you are interested in the Zenith wire wheels  (used on the show cars) I have a contact at the company where many former employees now work. Zenith is out of business but these guys still do restoration work on Zenith wheels and may have a line on some to purchase 

Thanks SB but if you read my latest post I have come and gone from Orlando and headed home. It's been a week and the guy has not called me although I left my American phone number with him for over a week. I think there is no car and never was? I have put a formal complaint into the web host where \I found the car and let him know this add is probably fake.

My search continues..........................................

2 minutes ago, Stinger390X said:

Thanks SB but if you read my latest post I have come and gone from Orlando and headed home. It's been a week and the guy has not called me although I left my American phone number with him for over a week. I think there is no car and never was? I have put a formal complaint into the web host where \I found the car and let him know this add is probably fake.

My search continues..........................................

That's really a shame Stinger...sorry to hear that. I am surprised that people will make (apparently) fake listings. If I can help on the wheels in the future pls let me know. 

Yes well this isn't the first one either.

Two months ago I was chasing a black car that was first in NY then it was in NV and then it appeared in UT then OR??? All in less than two weeks. It also turned out to be a scam. Shame as it was a nice car.

The dark Blue one I was looking at just last week was first in VT then in FL. The exact same picture was used of it in front of a storage garage unit and the VT pic had FL plates on the rear of the car if you zoomed in? When I tried to contacted the guy in Plant City FL, the car had already moved to Wawahitchca FL just west of Talahasee....... What bul$hit! The car moved 2000 miles in four days? WTF?

I really thought this black on in Orlando was finally going to be the one! I am just a little pissed.................................

On 10/5/2017 at 1:49 PM, Bigsarg said:

Kavinsky, sorry to hear all that has happened 

yeah I still love the car and the like, and things like this are helping me get back on track for it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YblGtB7NpuE

but it takes abit for that to burn off and I just wanted to give you an idea of what happened, and like damn, no wonder the roadkill guys wont touch the modern hemi with a 4 foot pole

like DAMN I didnt think mopar could be that terrible! maybe I got off lightly lol like jesus christ he put up with that much from that hemi?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeiFbV2nALc

skip to 4:39

I'm surprised he didnt just flat out burn it to the ground and collect the insurance money for that alone, and that's a new car too, as it seems like the only mopar that didnt have problems of some sort was the old viper, which just ended production on september 1st of this year.

also Corrari? Tell him its the Stinger From Miami Vice the game, Vice City, as Vice City, its 24K Gold these days!

Edited by Kavinsky

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:56 PM, Bigsarg said:

She’s back at the custom shop with her new shoes. I’m going to have the calipers painted a silver like DW has his. It looks better than yellow or black. 

Its dirty, but here it is. Still some minor things. But overall it’s really close. 

Will be debuting it at this car show. If your near  , it’s a big car show. It takes two days to go thru it all. Still don’t know where to place her: corvette, custom, or Ferrari. I’ll call them to find out. 

https://emeraldcoastcruizin.com/

E6AEFB94-8ED3-4537-AE22-3A0BC6948FA4.jpeg

385C8ACB-9F1E-4BF7-9B1E-8F67C921DA07.jpeg

5B75F511-6157-4923-BB52-CD005D94DE1A.jpeg

WOW!  Those pics look great!  Any with the top down?

I found some reall cool decals for the engine compartment. The four white ones go on the two oils filters. The very top one goes on the inside of the windshield  all decals has Ferrari on them and are in Italian. The yellow decal goes on the door jam along with another one.

my goal is to NOT make it look like a race car engine bay but factory. Some decals may not be used if it starts to look like a race car  

94F6528A-41A6-4831-851C-BAAE44CDEE26.thumb.jpeg.ffb1e9effa4e80250e70908f420e8742.jpegcomparison of before and after really reminds me how far this car has came.

4E57292E-C8D2-433C-8D3E-6B4B1BC421D8.thumb.jpeg.9ac7009d16a66d5ad447a10a2fe90800.jpeg

9107EA55-DCF0-412E-9AD8-6A470FE0540D.jpeg

• Like 2

Thxs playboy, I’m hoping by Friday to have engine bay set up with shields/covers and decals. EEBFE28F-11CC-46A6-BD32-59B17462ABAB.thumb.jpeg.80291cc653892a389ff11c97e91946e6.jpeg

C4B7F20F-E6F7-4E3C-A139-9E60B8EF67FE.jpeg

FC2C4117-379F-4FB2-BD9C-CD310B0C3399.jpeg

708CE811-9FE1-41CC-AB0B-5139B6B0AF1F.jpeg

99BDE667-7803-4571-A838-B22ECE447E7A.jpeg

0FB9155D-3235-4EFF-8B80-C536399B00E0.jpeg

Edited by Bigsarg
Pic
  • Like 1

Jesus that dash is like night and day, my idea to make the engine bay to make it look more italian was to take a page from them and use 2 4 barrel webber carbs, as the italians always had a rule with their cars, one barrel per clyinder

as the ferrari 308 had two 3 barrels, and one two barrel, and just keep the valve covers blacked out like they have on the camera car, although most interestingly the Italians were a big fan of the GM 327, as she revs high and can out perform the 396 Semi Hemi's when set up right, and used it in the Iso Grifo cars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnHOCP1p0l8

and the famous grand sport was a 327 bored out to 377,  and had the same kinda set up, 2 four barrels.

but the key is subtlety, as the italians, outside of Pagani chose function over flash when it came to their engine bays and interiors, hell pagani is the only chronoic overdetailer who goes nuts on everything in the car, and ends up with cars that look more like Wurlitzer's than cars.

Edited by Kavinsky

Air dam and cold air hoses still need to be installed. They still want put everything on at the same time. Not until I pick it up FRIDAY. It’s a running joke to show me it in different configurations with the shields.

Tops been fixed to let the doors shut with windows up and no rubbing. 

C3BDDCC1-4BBE-4A96-9B7E-3F56B6407B8A.jpeg

• Like 1

Thxs Mvice

does anyone know where I read the tornado door mirrors sag due to the heat of the day. I thought it was JN had found a remedy. But I can’t find it anywhere. I sent JN an email but he’s not on here much these days. Thxs in advance 

Looks absolutely awesome!!! I'm so jealous....................

That a$$hole from Croatia is still emailing me. He still wants to sell that black Daytona thinking I will send money overseas.........yeh....right.