Daytona deerest

Bigsarg

S-B, so with Loctite red. It’s a permanent position correct?  So once the mirror is set it can’t be adjusted to another driver? My wife won’t like that too much if that’s the case. Lol

9 hours ago, Bigsarg said:

S-B, so with Loctite red. It’s a permanent position correct?  So once the mirror is set it can’t be adjusted to another driver? My wife won’t like that too much if that’s the case. Lol

It isn't that complicated....put a lot on to lock it in place, or less to allow some movement. I wanted no movement on mine. 

10 hours ago, Bigsarg said:

That’s crazy Stinger. How’d you get in that mess in the first place?

Well I emailed regarding the car to the first email.........no response

Then I found the same car for sale at another email.........no response

The following week I see the car for sale again with a new vendor AGAIN??? so I figure what the hell. Lets see what happens.

Here is the latest response from the third guy in three weeks trying to sell me a car from Croatia that is listed in Orlando that after some research was for sale in Texas a year ago( according to my records)

the email from yesterday:

Hi Tom,

The car looks great, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it!

Here are satisfied the terms of the transaction:

1) If you agree, I'm going to start the transaction, I'm going to pay shipping fees, and I will sign the purchase contract.
2) You will be notified by the transport company with the information about transport and I will send you a copy of the purchase agreement.
3) Within 19 days you'll get the car, including Title, Owner Manual, history of the car, bill of sale and keys.
4) After the inspection period ends, if you are satisfied, you'll confirm the payment to the transport company and they will send the payment to me.
After you get the car if you find any problems, you'll not buy it and the transport company will deliver the car back to me. I'm not here to waste my time and to spend money. I give you my word that the car has no problems and everything will be alright, if you agree to buy my car I will prove you this is a real deal and I am a honest person.

I will call you today or tomorrow, I'm still at work.

Thank you!

If this isn't a phishing expedition, I don't know what is? This is a bit more sophisticated than the last time I tried to buy a Dually just a few miles away from me. When I called the guy regarding the truck he said it was in the U.S and I asked why he advertised it near my home in Canada. He hung up on me after I questioned the fact that he wanted money up front for truck and transport and he would refund the excess from transport costs upon delivery.

Yeh.......right.

Stinger those are obviously scams.   If you can't get the seller on the phone and have him immediately E mail pictures of the car to you then walk away. 

No way a legitimate car would ever be at more than one E mail address over an intermediate period of time.   Quite frankly, I think almost every Daytona has been shown for sale at one time or another.  I don't think any "undiscovered/new" ones will ever show up.

That is partially why I ended my Daytona search.  If it was a quality car  (with a QUALITY owner) we certainly would have heard about it here over the past 4 years. 

Well I have been keeping track of every Daytona that has ever come up for sale for the last dozen years.  I have kept a spreadsheet and a MapPoint file documenting every car with names, websites, emails and names, if given, and I find that come up for sale that use the same pics from the previous ad that could be two or three years old. 

I have found 137 cars so far over the last twelve years. Many have moved around and I see the progression when they come for sale a second time. I know what you mean about there are only so many of them around and so few for sale. It does make it frustrating especially those guys that are asking a kings ransom for a broken down beater.

I saw a car in Toronto three years ago that had no wipers or motors, no rear bumper, the front bumper wiggled when I grabbed it, there was NO convertible top and the trunk had no latch on it to keep it closed. It had cloth seats (smells great when it gets rained on) and turbine wheels and would NEVER pass a safety certification in this province and the guy was asking 30 grand for it! By the way all the gaps were horrible and the bodyman who assembled this vehicle should have his license revoked!

This is my nightmare.......................................................................................the search continues.

"This is my nightmare.......................................................................................the search continues".

give up on the crazy Daytona search and get a real Ferrari.  A white Testarossa!! 

Given that these are collectible cars, you can drive it for 5-10 years and will most likely sell it at a profit 

17 hours ago, Mvice8489 said:

"This is my nightmare.......................................................................................the search continues".

give up on the crazy Daytona search and get a real Ferrari.  A white Testarossa!! 

Given that these are collectible cars, you can drive it for 5-10 years and will most likely sell it at a profit 

I thought about that too but even though I like the Testo very much, it is NOT a comfortable car!?!?

A few years ago when I had my shop a guy brought me his 308 ( same as the one that was in Magnum PI) I fixed his starter instead of him waiting six months for one from Italy. I rebuilt it in two days and it was a hell of a job to remove it as it was just a nightmare of it's own! Needless to say the guy was so pleased with me that he let me use the 308 for the weekend to take my girlfriend out for a ride. Let me tell you I am a big guy and I could not get in the car!!!!!!!!! I had to remove the split roofs and put them aside and when I got in I was chewing on my kneecaps. The pedals are slightly to the right (for front wheel clearance) and you had to side kind of sideways to your right to operate the clutch and brake and gas. Kind of like a Model A scenario... and my head was just slightly sticking out the open roof of the car. I looked like Herman Munster! :)

Although this is such a cool car those tiny Italian fellows can have them. I admit I had a real cool Saturday and sunday with the loaner that is memorable but I don't think I would want one. The Testo is like that too, as I brought a few of them in to the garage from the parking lot at the shop. Not a whole lot of room inside. It's OK if I had the build of Crockett but I need a bit of room. A standard Vette is comfy for me in any style c3 or c4 so I can live with that.

I found a way to stop the mirrors from drooping from the Florida heat. I set the mirrors for the best viewing from the drivers seat. I removed them, took them apart and marked the swivel with a sharpie. Then pushed it up to exspose as much of the swivel ball/joint as possible. I sprayed adhesive on a piece of wood and taped off the plastic all around the swivel (as to not get any adhesive on the plastic). After the adhesive set for a few minutes, I scraped it off the wood with a screwdriver and then wiped it all over the swivel. I set the swivel back to the sharpie line and put the mirrors back together. I let them set over night and reinstalled them the next morning. They can be adjusted for the wife or me, and will stay where you put them. Problem seems to be fixed. 

Bigsarg, you don't have any problems with your engine  temperature due to the covers?

Your Daytona has become very beautiful.

Edited by Pritt

On 31/10/2017 at 6:12 AM, Pritt said:

Bigsarg, you don't have any problems with your engine  temperature due to the covers?

Your Daytona has become very beautiful.

Drove for 2 1/2 hours with no issues. I have duel fans on the radiator. The shields are elevated a bit above the valve covers. A 350 valve cover is on a slant. Shields are Raised one inch above and placed horizontal. So the covers are really nowhere near the headers. You can put your arm between the shield and the header. 

I was more worried about the fiberglass maybe catching fire. Lol

• Like 1

On 10/26/2017 at 1:31 AM, Bigsarg said:

F92AAE5A-585F-46F8-A2B3-7CF974A738D8.jpeg

3EDE3F07-CA96-45E2-A5D4-C3CBF250C279.jpeg

2FA5A30B-B2C4-4BDD-A0EA-E5F6F8B85572.jpeg

Jesus christ that came out beautiful, what's the engine and transmission by the way?

also Stinger sorry I didnt think of this earlier, years ago when i found that daytona, the original daytona spider done up like the vice car, that was owned by the guy who voiced Bugs Bunny the website it was on was called Fine cars dot cc

they also had replicas on there from time to time, and with that kind of money changing hands I dont think they screw around with Charletons

http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/471545/index.html?no_cache=1&ret=63

also true story the guy who finally figured out what was wrong with my old p38, restored an LS5 convertible one of these lol 1300 hours and sold it at auction in maine for about a 136 K

http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/496785/index.html?no_cache=1&ret=63

so if I ever need help setting up a 454, I can go to him lol , although I thought it was a 396, not a 454 lol

for some reason I always think a chevelles a 396

also apparently they do boats.......... as I remember you mentioning one of these.

http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/483018/index.html?no_cache=1&ret=63

and also try a website that was used for muscle cars, one of the first ones I found back when the internet was new called cars online dot com, as their still around and they used to have all sorts of crazy rides show up there back in the late 90's

like the general lee stuntcar, a shelby gt350, 71 cuda's the whole range, its where I used to go to get my car photos for my computer back then lol

and the kick in the head was how rare a 67 GT350 turned out to be, I saw one advertised years ago for 25 grand, turns out their extremely rare, possibly rarer than the 500 itself.

Edited by Kavinsky

7 hours ago, IA-SteveB said:

That is such an awesome car.  Be proud.

Thxs. I’m enjoying it now. Either I’m driving or just polishing it. It’s a show driver. We’ll see what ppl think about it on the 8th of November when I enter it in Emerald coast car show in Panama City Florida. 

https://emeraldcoastcruizin.com/event-schedule/

if anyone is near, come on over. Think it be great to put a face to ppl on the forum. 

6 hours ago, Kavinsky said:

Jesus christ that came out beautiful, what's the engine and transmission by the way?

also Stinger sorry I didnt think of this earlier, years ago when i found that daytona, the original daytona spider done up like the vice car, that was owned by the guy who voiced Bugs Bunny the website it was on was called Fine cars dot cc

they also had replicas on there from time to time, and with that kind of money changing hands I dont think they screw around with Charletons

http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/471545/index.html?no_cache=1&ret=63

also true story the guy who finally figured out what was wrong with my old p38, restored an LS5 convertible one of these lol 1300 hours and sold it at auction in maine for about a 136 K

http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/496785/index.html?no_cache=1&ret=63

so if I ever need help setting up a 454, I can go to him lol , although I thought it was a 396, not a 454 lol

for some reason I always think a chevelles a 396

also apparently they do boats.......... as I remember you mentioning one of these.

http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/483018/index.html?no_cache=1&ret=63

and also try a website that was used for muscle cars, one of the first ones I found back when the internet was new called cars online dot com, as their still around and they used to have all sorts of crazy rides show up there back in the late 90's

like the general lee stuntcar, a shelby gt350, 71 cuda's the whole range, its where I used to go to get my car photos for my computer back then lol

and the kick in the head was how rare a 67 GT350 turned out to be, I saw one advertised years ago for 25 grand, turns out their extremely rare, possibly rarer than the 500 itself.

I put a stock create engine in it from Summitracing. I dropped from a 512 HP, I think that’s what it dynoed at, I’d have to pull the specs, to 365HP @ 1984 RPM. 

Before it had so much HP it was not any fun to drive. The ass end always wanted to be in front of me. Now she handles like it’s on rails with plenty of go. I am running a 700R4 transmission with 3:70 rear end gears. She runs 2200 RPM at 70 MPH and gets 19 MPG. The ECU is still learning so I think I’ll tip 20 MPG by the end of the month. It started at 15, and seems to be creeping up with every fill up. 

Thanks Bigsarg for the link.

The covers under-hood look soooooo good! They are absolutely awesome! I am glad you have no overheating with the dual fans so that is a good thing.

Can you believe that guy is still trying to sell me that Daytona. I did a little detective work on the weekend because of his relentless emails to me. The phone number he gave me is listed as Minneapolis MN, NOT CROATIA????? When I checked my files the car was for sale a year ago in TX and now apparently listed as in Orlando FL but owner says it's in Croatia and he will pay shipping and I can inspect car before I turn over cash?

All I have to say is WTF? I can't tell if this guy is yanking my chain or what?

By the way...I like the black top. I was thinking the brown would have been better but the black is very appealing to me now.

Edited by Stinger390X

I really liked the door panels shaved looking. But you can’t shut the door without grabbing the top of the door, which leaves finger marks (not to mention, gets hot!).

So your car is all detailed, and you forgot to wipe the top of the door with a rag, and your driving down the road with these finger smudges on the top of the door. Call me anal but you really look like an ass doing it. 

I had made the armrest/cup holder that are shaped exactly like the front parking lenses. But, they just are too big. I’ll find a use for them I’m sure. 

917729A9-A0CF-4CD9-BE82-98A29BABAA23.thumb.jpeg.66473dc08ce5a32d22283bdd5db48242.jpegSo this is what I came up with. It doesn’t stand out and I still have that clean look. I didn’t go Black, because I wanted it to blend into the door card. I may change to black at a later date, just not sure yet. 

998C1EDE-3C26-49ED-B447-F97ADA475154.png

7A28E930-F16D-4B5D-8DB0-31A575630DE0.jpeg

5C7F45D7-045E-4067-AA48-0A96A9BE0E0B.jpeg

2F1CC471-5DA4-4F7C-9C34-553328DA427E.jpeg

• Like 2

On 11/4/2017 at 11:10 AM, Bigsarg said:

I really liked the door panels shaved looking. But you can’t shut the door without grabbing the top of the door, which leaves finger marks (not to mention, gets hot!).

So your car is all detailed, and you forgot to wipe the top of the door with a rag, and your driving down the road with these finger smudges on the top of the door. Call me anal but you really look like an ass doing it. 

I had made the armrest/cup holder that are shaped exactly like the front parking lenses. But, they just are too big. I’ll find a use for them I’m sure. 

917729A9-A0CF-4CD9-BE82-98A29BABAA23.thumb.jpeg.66473dc08ce5a32d22283bdd5db48242.jpegSo this is what I came up with. It doesn’t stand out and I still have that clean look. I didn’t go Black, because I wanted it to blend into the door card. I may change to black at a later date, just not sure yet. 

998C1EDE-3C26-49ED-B447-F97ADA475154.png

7A28E930-F16D-4B5D-8DB0-31A575630DE0.jpeg

5C7F45D7-045E-4067-AA48-0A96A9BE0E0B.jpeg

2F1CC471-5DA4-4F7C-9C34-553328DA427E.jpeg

major thing with this would be to use a marker if you wanna go bigger, to see where your legs meet the door, as I always kinda drive in like a gocart like position, I never rest my feet on the kick panel, like what he does here at 6:01 and 6:42 and build around that

or count the stiches and see how high it should be to stay out of the way, as lot of doors have a cutout for the legs on them, like an arch for this very reason,  the miura being one of the first I can remember actually

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ooh,_what's_this_in%3F_(8484138609).jpg

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Lamborghini_Miura_(4890026808).jpg

and the other thing to remember is everyones leg length is different too, so you have to compensate for that too if you decide to build that bigger. hell I half wonder if that it why the white one has a door panel on it I've never seen on a miura before.

ECU? so its fuel injected?

Edited by Kavinsky

Did the Enerald Coast Car Show this weekend. The car stood its own very well. I was parked in the car carol with 3000 other cars, 8DA2A734-34E1-4FE8-92FC-10ABE77C73D1.thumb.jpeg.cc874ca20f13e9a6ed288f042f0b41b1.jpeg4EF1A6F8-183B-421C-B5AF-CDB949EDCEAB.thumb.jpeg.0f4db687eda7bc7b24d87468ff80a999.jpegthe first day when a event staff came and asked me & 4 other cars to move to the stage area. Come to find out, the 5 of us won people choice awards. Much better location

I got a lot of comments on the underhood mirror paint job. Ppl loved the look

everyon loved the stance. I think I’m as close as I’ve seen to the car on Miami Vice

B8392623-B2B3-4ECA-9415-C931D15CE465.thumb.jpeg.159273edc441008e902b783904d1c8a2.jpeg 

AF8B8F4B-7B73-4172-9CF1-FE954ECDAC94.png

BD957AAD-AF29-4938-8D21-8BE91FE25C55.jpeg

1BF52970-A91A-4D93-BA87-5EA256F4A070.jpeg

Edited by Bigsarg
Spelling
  • Like 3

Wow!

Heck of a car show! Looks like fun? That's quite a venue and I see Lots turned out too.

I miss car shows...haven't had anything to show in a few years as my toy collection has been depleted except for the boat. Still trying to find my own Daytona but the pickings are slim.

Hope you have many more to attend. I used to go to the local cruise night around here but it's always the same cars and dudes every week.