Daytona deerest

Bigsarg

I have this piece of metal that is corrugated, and then there is also another piece that you can see the sludge from were it was cut at. It's is not a factory job. I will try to get a pic of it. 

From Mcburnie's statement on the show, I now know why it is there 

IMG_4865.PNG

Thxs guys. The car is coming along nicely. Hope to be out of upholstery by next week. The attention to detail this guy is doing makes up for the 6 months it took him to do it. At least that's what I keep telling myself. 

• Like 1

Thxs,  I have not been sitting around idle. I have been working on exhaust manifold shields and an air filter. I used the Daytona 365 engine for inspiration. 

As you can see it is a work in progressi. everything in ruffed in. I've even made the mold for the Ferrari name, so I can put it on top of the shields as the 365 has. 

I think I'll have them finished well before the car is done. 

IMG_4964.PNG

IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_4965.JPG

IMG_4973.JPG

IMG_4968.JPG

IMG_4824.JPG

IMG_4826.JPG

IMG_4975.JPG

IMG_4976.JPG

IMG_4979.JPG

Edited by Bigsarg
  • Like 1

The car is finished at upholstery. Once the car in out in the hot Florida sun the seats will tighten up nicely. 

IMG_4977.JPG

IMG_4978.JPG

Edited by Bigsarg
  • Like 1

Thxs for the compliments. Sence the hoods off, I am making a ram air system that will utilize the hood scoops. Should finish off the engine bay nicely

Edited by Bigsarg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2016 at 3:56 PM, Bigsarg said:

Thxs for the compliments. Sence the hoods off, I am making a ram air system that will utilize the hood scoops. Should finish off the engine bay nicely

actually, are they gonna do anything with the area behind the grill? as the Corvette takes the air from below to feed the motor,

and jurrasic found out on his that the area behind the grill on his Carl Roberts pooled up and created resistance at speed, and he solved it by basically reangling it up it with some sort house sheeting to prevent it from pooling up onto the radiator there, as to redirect the flow over or under it I think, as the front of the corvette is sealed, and angled downwards I think.

and the vents would act as an exit for that downward going up air that feeds the motor, so it would help keep the nose down too.

and as an FYI rowley corvette had a part around the windshield trim where the wipers are that had two slots to alow the air to exit and prevent vapor lock and I think the vents in the hood basically do the same thing as well.

gallery_471_5_341707.jpg

dont know if this cowl piece is really needed however, as the motor in that photo of the part and on the rowleys was fuel injected, and maybe required more ventilation for the sensors of that old fuel injection system to work properly with it.

and its funny how much engineering stuff you pick up on from this thing after awhile really, although it does get tricky to keep track of at times.

Edited by Kavinsky

Hum. Kavinsky, never read anything about air problems behind the grill. I'll look into that. As far as vapor lock, I'm going with a throttle body fuel injection system. But I had read about that issue.

I saw a wind tunnel test on a real Daytona. The hood scoops actually pushed the nose down and planted the front tires at high speed. The wind hits the windshield and there is a vortex right at the base of the windshield. Then the air travels forward low across the hood and into the scoops. This pushing the front end down approximately 1" after 100mph (or something like that). I don't think the replica is engineered to copy this racing tech. Besides. I don't drive fast anymore. I figure the system I am building will be more of a cold air than a ram air system. Plus it will finish off the engine compartment. Really the only thing you will see is the fiberglass components that were made to resemble the Ferrari engine bay. 

Great info Kavinsky! I never thought of opening up that area for a "Cowl Induction" Fabulous idea and would add to cooling.

I know the radiator is slanted for low hoodline. Airflow is still pretty good on a Vette considering it's lines.

JN's car is for sale on eBay. Read the add and get a laugh and then repot the add to eBay because it is completely full of BS. Once it's taken down let's keep an eye out for the add to pop back up. If we don't keep this add down, some innocent fan is going to get scammed. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232168885565?redirect=mobile

I hope you are reading this international superstar. Which you're not! International Stupid-star I'll agree with. Ya, that sounds good. 

Edited by Bigsarg
Edited

Dadrian, it is a Carl Roberts built car. The International stupid-star has rewritten history. CR had nothing to do with building the MV cars. He worked on the set and maintained them during the time they were used on the show. CR built cars and sold kits based of Mcburnie's molds. I saw this car down at the boat show. Martino told me that it was the sister car to the stunt car and was used when the other two were not available. Which is total BS. So he was telling me there were three cars. This car, he has was supposedly put in a warehouse for 30 years and was just as it was the day it was put there. The car looked very distressed as if it had been used hard and not taken care of. Gas tank lid sat below quarter-panel, body panel gaps were way off, hood and trunk lids were not aligned, etc. Martino did a good job making it look like it was used on the show. The car truely was in ruff shape.

This is a 10,000 car. It needs everything redone now that it has been in Martino's hands. 

Martino called himself the Collectible King (something like that) at the boat show. Now, he's given himself another title. He honestly has no clue the history of Miami Vice. 

• Like 1

Okay I'm caught up now. Thanks! :) 

So he's kinda like Phil the Shill--trying to make a "mildly dishonest buck". :) 

And like Phil, he'll probably find some poor schmuck to buy it, and totally get away with it...

Edited by Dadrian

3 hours ago, Bigsarg said:

Dadrian, catch me up too; who is Phil and Shill?

but, yes he's wants to rip some unsuspecting fan off for big bucks

It's the episode of Miami Vice from season 2 starring Phil Collins as a con artist (Phil Mayhew). Check it out sometime. Some good laughs in this quasi-comedic episode, and some GREAT music!