Gene Wilder RIP

Tommy Vercetti

Another great one gone. Gene Wilder passed. Very sad but he was 83 so he had good innings.
He was a legend and one of the great screen comedians as seen in his work with Mel Brooks and his great double act with Richard Pyor

'We bad'
http://i.makeagif.com/media/10-15-2015/u4Jmqr.gif

Rest in peace Gene. You were a hilarious guy and will be missed

Edited by Tommy Vercetti
  • Like 3

I really liked him too!  The news keeps showing his Willie Wonka movie...but I liked "The Silver Streak" with Richard Prior. Hilarious movie!

Rest in Peace, Gene. ;(

See No Evil, Hear No Evil (1989) and Young Frankenstein (1974) are comedy at it's best, but I have to admit, I haven't seen too many of his movies and I was surprised to learn that Gene haden't done any films since 1991, according to Wikipedia.

A real comic genius.  Really made me bust a gut laughing in Young Frankenstein.  He is upstairs now reunited with his true love Gilda. 

One of my favorite comedy lines. It was ad-libbed by Wilder which led to Cleavon Little's genuine laugh. Well I can't think of a whole lot to say as a lot has already been said already about what a treasure he was. He was a big part of my childhood with his works with Mel Brooks, Willy Wonka and his last directed film Haunted Honeymoon. Here's a long but wonderful interview he did three years ago with Turner Classic Movies' Robert Osborne. 

R.I.P. to one of the best. 

Just watched Blazing Saddles again last night. I have the anniversary edition of the movie with all the extras etc.

I still laugh everytime I see that. What a great ensemble cast and of course Gene Wilder with his soft gentle demeanor was perfect for the role of the drunk gunslinger. Hilarious!!!!!!!!

I also love Young Frank-en-shteen!  That pronunciation makes me laugh every single time I hear it................ What a great movie.

Gene had a great life and as said before he will be with Gilda again, if you believe in that sort of thing.