The Hammer tunes that didn't make the cut

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

It's my first time to post in a while and it feels pretty good. I know this has been asked before but could everyone please humor me...Which Jan Hammer songs did not make it onto the so-called "Complete Collection"? I can already think of a couple. The guitar-heavy one from "When Irish Eyes are Crying" and the mysterious sounding one from "Mirror Image" that you hear when Crockett/Burnett is first coming out of his stupor after the explosion inside that "medical" facility place. I believe that same score was used in a season one episode too. What other notable scores were left out? Do any of these left-out ones have official names? I'd really like to know how to refer to them.

there were no "official names" because they were unreleased. i'm assuming you've noticed my covers in the download section. many of the most requested unreleased tracks have been covered there, for better or for worse. there are so many more to do. unfortunately, i'm afraid my covers are the only substitute we'll ever have for any more of jan's MV score releases, unless he ever gives out more at christmas. :fingerscrossed:i have some very enjoyable mp3 rips from the DVDs. the ones from Season 1 are particularly good quality with little background noise and no talking. PM me if there are some in particular you'd like to have, and i'll try to help you out.

Guest neworder

Death and the lady and little miss dangerous soundtracks are two that shamefully never made the cut for cd's, fantastic scores, especially death and the lady. Lend me an ear had a few nice ones that weren't released either. The scene in glades where C&T with the girl take a boat through the glades is a wonderful track that again wasnt released.

neworder, i have a wonderful cut of that glades song. PM if you want it. it has a cupla bird noises here and there.

• Administrators

Could I have that too Dadrian? No alcohol tonight by the way :)

Just remember, AA is for quitters. :D

Guest myonlyvice

Thanks, nofretz. I've never seen the download page before. I'll go check it out and let you know if I have any questions. Hammer's scoring is one of the primary reasons that I like the show as much as I do. I was very disappointed that the song I mentioned from "Mirror Image" did not make the "C.C." album. It's one of the best mood-creating pieces he ever made.

• Administrators

the mysterious sounding one from "Mirror Image" that you hear when Crockett/Burnett is first coming out of his stupor after the explosion inside that "medical" facility place. I believe that same score was used in a season one episode too.

"The Great McCarthy" to be exact!

• 1 month later...

Okay I know I'm late to the party on this one, but I'm trying to download the Mcarthy one made by Dadrian Wilson and it keeps poping up in quicktime rather than downloading for me, nofretz could you send me a mp3 of that song please?

yes, but first try right-clicking on "download", and selecting "save target as" if you are a PC.if you are a Mac, PM me.thanks!