Songs that should've played on VICE

MTVcops

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:13 AM, ArtieRollins said:

If I had to pick just one Simple Minds song, and one that might fit well with the early new wavish style of Miami Vice, I think it has to be something like Seeing Out The Angel.

I also like "Up on the Catwalk" as everytime I hear that I feel like dancing!!!!

Although it was made an excellent addition to the GTA: Vice City soundtrack I've always felt The Fixx "One Thing Leads to Another" would've fit Miami Vice perfectly.

• Like 2

One of the truly great and "forgotten" british guitar bands to emerge out of the shadows after Joy Division and came along early on in the 80s post-punk/alterative rock scene along with acts such as New Order, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Cure, The Smiths and U2. 

The Chameleons or The Chameleons UK released between 1983-1986 some cracking good albums, that really showcased their talent for writing dreamy and haunting songs, that would later on have a huge influence on the dream pop/shoegaze genre, but the band, even though they got a record deal with Geffen, never seemed to reach the same commercial success as the ones mentioned above. Anyway, for me one of those bands that had a certain style that would have sounded fantastic in Miami Vice:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ArtieRollins said:

One of the truly great and "forgotten" british guitar bands to emerge out of the shadows after Joy Division and came along early on in the 80s post-punk/alterative rock scene along with acts such as New Order, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Cure, The Smiths and U2. 

The Chameleons or The Chameleons UK released between 1983-1986 some cracking good albums, that really showcased their talent for writing dreamy and haunting songs, that would later on have a huge influence on the dream pop/shoegaze genre, but the band, even though they got a record deal with Geffen, never seemed to reach the same commercial success as the ones mentioned above. Anyway, for me one of those bands that had a certain style that would have sounded fantastic in Miami Vice:

Great songs - in Flac also / Hd .:fireworks:

• 3 weeks later...

Judas Priest: Blood Red Skies. This would have been epic climax in some MV episode.

watch?v=qtnW8w3e-7Q

Edited by Castillo71
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

There's another song I like by her. I'm trying to think of the title, but the words get in the way. 

Lol on Words get in the Way, and there's Conga, or Don't Wanna Lose You.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 2

This is a new song by a current band. Check out how much it sounds like the obscure stuff from the later seasons of MV:

Also reminds me of The Reds songs from party scenes on "Rites of Passage". Dark and edgy.   

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 2

Here's a short YouTube playlist I created with 80s alternative music. These songs should make for lots of MV imagery if you listen (without watching). Check it out!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...