Songs that should've played on VICE

MTVcops

10 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I have this on vinyl. It’s one of my favorites. :fireworks:

I really wish they would have used something by Palmer on the show.  Or he’d guest-starred.

I know he was shy, but he was extremely talented with Crockett-levels of charisma.

(It's a little sad that we got The Power Station, no him.)

Edited by NeonHumidity
  • Like 1

Haven't look at this thread for about 6 month or so, and a bunch of great hits has been posted ! Thanks, 90% of them were new to me.

Since Animotion is not available on the link which @RedDragon86 presented earlier, I paste here an other link to it.

Anyway this song was featured in GTA Vice City soundtrack, so I guess Rockstar also felt the VICE VIBE in it :D

• Like 2

I could picture It's a Mistake by Men At Work, there's something about the album cover and the lyrics that remind me of South America and drug trafficking

• Like 3

I was just walking around the supermarket listening to this.

The part from 2:45 till the end is really good. German artist.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Marc said:

I was just walking around the supermarket listening to this.

The part from 2:45 till the end is really good. German artist.

Nice! Also check this one out from the same album. 

“Under My Skin”:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2024 at 2:25 PM, RedDragon86 said:

Would have worked thanks for posting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know it’s been said — but this is sublime and would have worked in any Season 1 or Season 2 episode. Released in late October 1984.

Henley’s bandmate Glenn Frey of course was featured heavily in Miami Vice — in four episodes. Don Henley didn’t appear till the 4th Season in the fall of 1987. He only had the one song feature in Miami Vice I believe. The Eagles had none.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

Would have worked any time from late S1 on and actually describes a few more episodes.  We might have gotten a good Trudy and Gina episode out of it, too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NeonHumidity said:

Would have worked any time from late S1 on and actually describes a few more episodes.  We might have gotten a good Trudy and Gina episode out of it, too.

Yes great song ! Late Season 1 or early 2.

"Devil and the deep blue sea behind me...
Vanish in the air you'll never find me"

I don't know when this should have played, but it's an excellent Crockett song.  Pick a problematic relationship, for starters.

I feel like if The Police hadn't unofficially broken up before the pilot we might have gotten more of them on the cop show.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 6:44 PM, RedDragon86 said:

Great song thank you for posting - would have fitted in nicely in a Season 2 teaser part of an episode.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 1:04 PM, Matt5 said:

Great song thank you for posting - would have fitted in nicely in a Season 2 teaser part of an episode.

That would be perfect Matt! a montage on the street at night, the same way "Florence Italy" begins. :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

That would be perfect Matt! a montage on the street at night, the same way "Florence Italy" begins. :thumbsup:

Definately ! As song came out in time for the second season would have worked well - like the darker “ Picture Book” worked well in the third Season episode Good Collar.

• Like 1