Songs that should've played on VICE

MTVcops

Wow, I just found this one on youtube.
"Do you know, do you care" is one of my favorite Collins tracks and somebody made a really cool MV video for it!
Even featuers Mr.Badass himself, Marty Castillo. *grin*
Definitely should have been on Vice!

Edited by Den Taylor
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MTVcops said:

:clap:

At least 4 songs I can think of from this album belong on MV--2 of them actually were! It's a must have for any 80s music fan. 

• 2 weeks later...

Always thought that song sounded so amazing. The guitar solo is almost comical sometimes, though--almost like a parody of hair band guitar solos! :) 

I can never skip it on my 80s playlist shuffle--love this song!

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

I could really picture this song being used in the teaser of an episode.  This would be great for a teaser where someone gets murdered and the villain drives off in a cool car!  INXS already had four songs used in Vice, but why not more? 

P.S. Sounds kind of like Noogie making some weird sounds at the beginning?

• Like 1

On 3/23/2017 at 0:09 AM, Dadrian said:

Always thought that song sounded so amazing. The guitar solo is almost comical sometimes, though--almost like a parody of hair band guitar solos! :) 

I can never skip it on my 80s playlist shuffle--love this song!

I am a big '80s music fan and have it on pretty much constantly.  My son, who is 16, proclaimed as an eight-year-old that this was his favorite song!  Did this old dad proud!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

I could really picture this song being used in the teaser of an episode.  This would be great for a teaser where someone gets murdered and the villain drives off in a cool car!  INXS already had four songs used in Vice, but why not more? 

Nearly ANY INXS song is MV-worthy, IMO.  Pretty much the entire Shabooh Shoobah album is a MV soundtrack for me: 

8 minutes ago, FerrariDaytonaSpyder said:

I am a big '80s music fan and have it on pretty much constantly.  My son, who is 16, proclaimed as an eight-year-old that this was his favorite song!  Did this old dad proud!

My 6 yr old kid has picked up a few 80s tracks from me, too. Always makes my day to hear him sing along to the songs I sang along to at that age. :fireworks:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Am 29.3.2017 um 05:29 schrieb AndrewRemington:

Wow, I agree with you there! Btw which were the 4 songs by INXS that featured on the show?

Another great tune by them that would have worked nicely would have been The Orginal Sin. For some night scenes...
(The beginning of the videos reminds me of Viking Bikers from Hell. *grin*)

p.s.: Kudos to you guys for showing your kids proper music! :thumbsup:

Edited by Den Taylor

Man, just watching that video again, I love that sax part. They kinda reused that in 'Suicidal Blonde' I think. (which makes me think of that woman from Definitely Miami xD) And come to think of it a few drum parts in the Original Sin are very much Jan Hammer like.

Edited by Den Taylor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Den Taylor said:

Btw which were the 4 songs by INXS that featured on the show?

Shooting from the hip here:

1. "I Send a Message" in Glades

2. "What You Need" in Trust Fund Pirates

3. "Three Sisters" (an instrumental) in Payback

4. "Listen Like Theives" in Walk-Alone

As I've stated before, this is the non-MV INXS song I think is the most MV-like:

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yeah, Three Sisters is a great tune.
That "To look at you" is good too, first time I heard it. The way Michael's vocals sound in the verses is kinda strange though...it's hard to understand him. 

• Like 1

I can picture this song being played in the Sheena Easton episode where they were at a party in LA

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MTVcops said:

I can picture this song being played in the Sheena Easton episode where they were at a party in LA

I like it but at first I thought they were all girls..........& the drummer looked like Karen Carpenter!  :wuerg: :o

• 2 weeks later...
Am 13.5.2017 um 16:39 schrieb MTVcops:

While I love this song and pretty much anything Tears for Fears I can't really see them fitting into MV. Just my opinion though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

MANY scenes could've worked with this: 

Very Miami Vicey! The guitarist is even dressed like Crockett! :cool:

• Like 1