Songs that should've played on VICE

MTVcops

5 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Lou, did I ask you if you saw the recent Jeff Beck concert Blu Ray (Hollywood Bowl) that has the Jan Hammer guest segment? Forgive my redundancy if so, but I’d love to share it with you if you like. Great stuff!

Sounds interesting and Blu-ray too?!:funky:

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Lou, did I ask you if you saw the recent Jeff Beck concert Blu Ray (Hollywood Bowl) that has the Jan Hammer guest segment? Forgive my redundancy if so, but I’d love to share it with you if you like. Great stuff!

Would love to see it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

Would love to see it!

1 hour ago, Matt5 said:

Yes me too if possible !

I’ll be in touch 

• 3 weeks later...

I think for an episode involving a case for a seedy phone service, this song would fit it well.

Edited by BlueAir
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Marc said:

came out in 1984.

You’re definitely on the right track. :)

The episode “Buddies” begins with this song! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Great song and such a cool name for a song!

On 6/13/2018 at 6:54 PM, BlueAir said:

I think for an episode involving a case for a seedy phone service, this song would fit it well.

Interesting track - clever play on a classic title(Dial M for Murder).

11 hours ago, Dadrian said:

hahaha! how embarrassing. I always thought I found that song myself...

• Haha 1

yeah I think Electro was under represented on Vice, one of the first episodes I saw was The Maze with Afrika Bambaataa "Renegades of Funk".

I like this one, it has that big rock 80's sound and feels a bit sinister and seedy. 

On 9/6/2016 at 2:38 PM, summer84 said:

A band I just recently discovered. I thought their band name was a weird choice, but it was something from a 17th century story.

Pure 80s sound. I wonder if PSY got some inspiration here. :) 

I'm going through the thread from the beginning. I'd never heard of this band before and shocked at the number of views all their videos have.

I've just been listening to loads of their songs and just stopped at this one. It says released in 1985. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Marc said:

I'm going through the thread from the beginning. I'd never heard of this band before and shocked at the number of views all their videos have.

I've just been listening to loads of their songs and just stopped at this one. It says released in 1985. 

That’s pretty nice!

10 hours ago, Marc said:

Yeah the pop rock band/duo with leading vocals by Peter Kingsbery and Anna LaCazio were largely successful with their music in the European countries. Mostly popular during the 80's. I remember around the time, I discovered the band, I had listened and checked out different 80's songs and a music video by them was constantly showing up on YouTube, so I decided finally to have a look and I am glad, I did. I liked them so much, I created a playlist of their songs on my YouTube channel. They have some really great songs and I also like their visually artistic videos. Good choice, I could definitely imagine this song in a MV episode. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, summer84 said:

Yeah the pop rock band/duo with leading vocals by Peter Kingsbery and Anna LaCazio were largely successful with their music in the European countries. Mostly popular during the 80's. I remember around the time, I discovered the band, I had listened and checked out different 80's songs and a music video by them was constantly showing up on YouTube, so I decided finally to have a look and I am glad, I did. I liked them so much, I created a playlist of their songs on my YouTube channel. They have some really great songs and I also like their visually artistic videos. Good choice, I could definitely imagine this song in a MV episode. 

Interesting Summer - did they have releases in US?:cheers:

Edited by Matt5

9 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Interesting Summer - did they have releases in US?:cheers:

Yes they had worldwide. The band/duo made three albums during the 80's. The third album in the 80's from 1989 was first released in the US in 1990. 

R-5571965-1396885041-9216.jpeg.jpg.1598413ab2dd986f549bf49f78841f29.jpg

And there was even a special edition release along side Don Johnson! :cool:

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, summer84 said:

Yes they had worldwide. The band/duo made three albums during the 80's. The third album in the 80's from 1989 was first released in the US in 1990. 

R-5571965-1396885041-9216.jpeg.jpg.1598413ab2dd986f549bf49f78841f29.jpg

And there was even a special edition release along side Don Johnson! :cool:

How cool! “A Little Innocence” would have fitted right into Vice- but besides that has a great sound, ok 80s, but catchy.

• Like 1