103 The Cell Within

C Glide

On 9/7/2016 at 12:29 PM, C Glide said:

I have just published this episode on my location site. http://www.miamivicelocations5.org/page26.html hope you like it more than the actual episode.

I love it when you mention goofs and trivia, like how in this ep the TV screen is showing "Little Miss Dangerous".  I never noticed that.  :)

When Tubbs gets picked up in the boat, I noticed a blurry green sign in the distance:

Cell1.png

Cell2.png

This is the Cedars Medical Center (now University of Miami) a few blocks north of them at NW 12th Ave / NW 14th St:

Cell3.jpg

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

All the location information in the glossary is based on my input as I have the production notes of this episode. Thus, you can rest assured that CGlides website has the correct locations posted.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, C Glide said:

I have just published this episode on my location site. http://www.miamivicelocations5.org/page26.html hope you like it more than the actual episode.

Wow, C Glide that is some great presentation of the episode!  It would be a pleasure to have it for every episode but you have to give up sleeping at night. ;)

By the way, I happen to like "The Cell Within" because PMT gets to display his talent. My only disappointment is not seeing more of DJ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony D. said:

Wow, C Glide that is some great presentation of the episode!  It would be a pleasure to have it for every episode but you have to give up sleeping at night. ;)

CGlide has already published location guides for 103 of the 111 episodes, just a few more to go.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tony D. said:

By the way, I happen to like "The Cell Within" because PMT gets to display his talent. My only disappointment is not seeing more of DJ.

Nice to see you posting on this part of the forum Tony .

This episode was shot at the exact same time in January 1989 as "Jack of all Trades" which would explain why PMT was seen so little in that episode and DJ so little in "Cell Within"

:D

9 hours ago, airtommy said:

CGlide has already published location guides for 103 of the 111 episodes, just a few more to go.

I guess I better find them.......:o

On 9/7/2016 at 12:29 PM, C Glide said:

Then we see Stan’s tail of Phelps end at the Miami River. This was reportedly filmed at Merrill Stevens Yachts on the south bank of the Miami River but I believe it may have been on the north bank based on the relative position of the bridge.

You can see the same blue & white boat in drydock when Tubbs & Gay take off and when Phelps takes off.  Also the pilings match up exactly, so this has to be the south bank.

Phelps:  Cell5.png

Tubbs & Gay:  Cell4.png

Edited by airtommy

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 0:14 AM, airtommy said:

I love it when you mention goofs and trivia, like how in this ep the TV screen is showing "Little Miss Dangerous".  I never noticed that.  :)

When Tubbs gets picked up in the boat, I noticed a blurry green sign in the distance:

Cell1.png

Cell2.png

This is the Cedars Medical Center (now University of Miami) a few blocks north of them at NW 12th Ave / NW 14th St:

Cell3.jpg

Great eyes, nice work.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:04 AM, Tony D. said:

As I near the end of the series I am looking forward to the next stage of my plan that I came up with years ago when I started this project, to go back thru and revisit locations, find missing locations and upgrade each page with new relevant info, trivia, and possibly any behind the scenes photos I can come up with .

• Like 3

Charlie in your excellent page about this episode you write: " Manning ask Tubbs to look at some video on 4 televisions. Surprisingly, the third one (lower Left) is footage from the Miami Vice episode, Little Miss Dangerous. That was filmed inside Sex World aka Jerry’s Famous Deli/ Hoffman’s Coffee Shop."  I thought the interior Sex World scenes were filmed in the Victor Hotel and only the establishing shots were of Jerry's.

Good to hear that you may still move to Fla.

Edited by miamijimf

On 9/9/2016 at 5:24 AM, airtommy said:

You can see the same blue & white boat in drydock when Tubbs & Gay take off and when Phelps takes off.  Also the pilings match up exactly, so this has to be the south bank.

Phelps:  Cell5.png

Tubbs & Gay:  Cell4.png

Always thought this was filmed at Merill- Stevens where they filmed scenes for "Knock, Knock Who's There........?" so great info as just over the water on the south bank

Edited by Matt5

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:06 PM, miamijimf said:

Charlie in your excellent page about this episode you write: " Manning ask Tubbs to look at some video on 4 televisions. Surprisingly, the third one (lower Left) is footage from the Miami Vice episode, Little Miss Dangerous. That was filmed inside Sex World aka Jerry’s Famous Deli/ Hoffman’s Coffee Shop."  I thought the interior Sex World scenes were filmed in the Victor Hotel and only the establishing shots were of Jerry's.

Good to hear that you may still move to Fla.

Yes, sorry you are right.

On 9/10/2016 at 2:32 AM, C Glide said:

As I near the end of the series I am looking forward to the next stage of my plan that I came up with years ago when I started this project, to go back thru and revisit locations, find missing locations and upgrade each page with new relevant info, trivia, and possibly any behind the scenes photos I can come up with .

Just seeing your location guide for this episode made me realise I visited the teaser / opening credit area of this episode  in 2014 and got some shots from 12th Avenue bridge opposite Merrill-Stevens boatyard seen in "Yankee Dollar" , "Knock, Knock" and "The Lost Madonna " to name a few :done::D

Miami%20Florida%20%202014%20%201%20%2059

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1