Freefall and the End

Marco Falcone

So...  I spent the last year or so watching the entire series start to finish, in proper order with the "lost episodes" in place before Freefall.

Watched Freefall last night.  Even though the series ended 25 years ago and I watched backed then, watching Freefall last night seemed like the real "ending" of something really special.

Yes I had a couple of Johnny Black's over the course of the evening and a long day at my (real) plainclothes cop job but there was still a visceral emotional impact at watching the show and  the character arcs come to their close, even 25 years after the fact.  The montage over the final credits with Terry Kath's Ray Charles-esque music playing was pretty powerful.  (No Caitlin though?)  I'm sure I will go by the entire series on Blu-Ray now, just so I can go back and watch favorite episodes every now and then, or even just start a slow watch of if all over again.

Had to listen to soundtrack on the way in today, and went silver/grey suit, purple/blue shirt, and no tie. (I'll see your casual Friday and raise you Vice Wednesday!)

Really a testament to just how ground-breaking, powerful, and well-produced the entire over-all series was.  Still the BEST cop show ever made.  Ever.  

Mille Grazie to this community for keeping it alive and thriving.

Now, if I can just get the wife to let me buy a black 2013 Grand Sport convertible with a tan interior...

• 1 month later...

Yes the episode as a whole doesn't make much sense but those last few minutes were great. My other favourite cop show, Hill Street Blues, had no such closure. My overwhelming feeling watching that last montage is what a waste seasons 4 and 5 were. I felt like I'd been cheated out of 40+ episodes that were wasted