jpaul1

I've been watching a documentary about weather changes and global warming, and they were saying that, to sum up Miami was in great danger. the more optimistic guys were talking of a 2m sea rising before 2100, and some (great) experts were even talking of 9m before 2100. 9m that means sea level will rise more or less of 3m in 2030-2040. that would turn Miami area into a dead town in 20-30 years. when you keep a bit informed about the subject like i do, and see how fast the north pole has disappeared recently it's difficult not to be a bit anxious. what are your thoughts about this

10-foot rise by 2030 is a very aggressive estimate and almost certainly not going to come to fruition.  That said, Miami could use a thorough cleaning.  :)

• Like 1

I expected this Topic to be about Miami condemned because of the Zika virus. Miami Beach is the focal point.

I'd worry about that..... more than the rising of the ocean.

Imagine Crockett & Tubbs chasing drug dealers on the beach, while wading through water & swatting mosquitos :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2016 at 2:36 PM, Tony D. said:

I expected this Topic to be about Miami condemned because of the Zika virus. Miami Beach is the focal point.

I'd worry about that..... more than the rising of the ocean.

Imagine Crockett & Tubbs chasing drug dealers on the beach, while wading through water & swatting mosquitos :D

Interesting the sea level article - Ive seen that story elsewhere also - some locals are worried about the rise it may have in the future:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt5 said:

Interesting the sea level article - Ive seen that story elsewhere also - some locals are worried about the rise it may have in the future:D

Hey Matt......I think the very, very distant future.  :p

3 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

Hey Matt......I think the very, very distant future.  :p

Hey Tony - yes I would think so definately ! But the news service picks up these stories and make them sound 100 times worse as we all know...

Miami will be around a while yet as our hero's seem to be with the impending blu ray release next week!

:D:D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt5 said:

Hey Tony - yes I would think so definately ! But the news service picks up these stories and make them sound 100 times worse as we all know...

Miami will be around a while yet as our hero's seem to be with the impending blu ray release next week!

:D:D

More like 1000 times worse, Matt..........the earth will probably be hit by a comet, first. 

I better re-watch all my MV episodes before that happens.  ;) :D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

More like 1000 times worse, Matt..........the earth will probably be hit by a comet, first. 

I better re-watch all my MV episodes before that happens.  ;) :D

Enjoy Tony - only one week before the big blu ray Hd release :D

Well considering that the entire area including much of the east coast of FL is only 6-8 feet above sea level and the everglades are only 5-6 feet above, that makes Miami proper only a small sandbar just a bit higher than the rest of the area.

I have been there many times and travelled all over FL. I find the canal systems fascinating and Lake Okeechobee an interesting phenomenon. It has an interesting history and after the big hurricane I believe was in the late 40's the Army Corps of Engineers built the big wall that surrounds the three sides of the Lake.

Everything there is so low that I could see it being under water in a few decades if the ice melts off Greenland at the rate they say it is. All those canal systems in Miami will have to pump OUT the water and a dyke of somekind will have to separate it and the ocean!

I wonder if New York will suffer the same fate? Just like the "Tragicaly Hip" said in their song "New Orleans is sinkin' man and I don't wanna swim" New Orleans has the big wall surrounding it and look what happened there! Miami will not be able to build a dyke big enough to hold back the Atlantic?

Edited by Stinger390X

Hey Stinger..........you must have been watching the Doomsday program on the History channel last week. They showed a 30 story high tidal wave hitting Miami & N.Y. ;)

I wouldn't worry about Miami or the chicken-little, global warming moonbats and their junk-science based predictions. They are the same crowd who predicted in 1970 that the world would be 4 degrees colder by 1990, and 11 degrees colder by the year 2000 with billions dead due to crop failure, starvation and the expected ice age that would ensue. There was no end to the endless numbers of  "scientist" wackos who claimed, "scientifically" that the earth was in dire straits due to a prolonged cooling period and how we needed to take action to halt this impending ice age. And now today we see a different collection of these loons predicting exactly the opposite, namely man-made global warming with expected rising sea levels. Yet Antarctic ice levels have actually expanded in the last few years, contradicting those theories. The only thing that is certain is that the earth's climate has always changed, will likely continue to change and has little to do with human impact. Same sorts of patterns have been established on Mars, and last time I checked, we have no humans living there that would cause climate change.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Here ya go, S-B! :) 

lol, NICE. ...I hadn't seen this in a long time....'man has been industrialized maybe 200 years vs an earth 4 and a half Billion years old'....yep. He knows.

If interested, do a search for 'The Politics of Global Warming' and there is a lot written on this which dovetails nicely into the agenda of those seeking Global Governance, much as their Open Borders, anti-fossil fuel agendas tie in as well.  My 2 cents.

• Like 1