Ballers Miami locations

miamijimf

2 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Charlie, any good Rock stories?

airtommy, ya it looks like this rooftop location would be easy but I spoke too soon.  I haven't found it yet either.

First time I meet him I was talking to him as I was washing my car. Spoke about 15 minutes and I did not connect that Dwayne was the Rock. But when my wife came down she knew right away. Embarrassed that I did not recognize him. He did have a shirt on so it was tougher in my defense.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, C Glide said:

First time I meet him I was talking to him as I was washing my car. Spoke about 15 minutes and I did not connect that Dwayne was the Rock. But when my wife came down she knew right away. Embarrassed that I did not recognize him. He did have a shirt on so it was tougher in my defense.

Nice story Jeremy :D

• Like 1

On 9/24/2016 at 1:23 PM, C Glide said:

I will take a look later but my first thought is Burn Notice Season 1, same background is seen behind Sam out a window which was on Alton road about 2nd st. I will have to scan my site and GE but should be easy find. Memory says the red roof building is near gas station that is on 5th St.

How about the multi-story white building at 1658 to 1660 Lenox Ave?  Looks like there is an open area near the top that could have been set up as a cafe.

8 hours ago, miamijimf said:

How about the multi-story white building at 1658 to 1660 Lenox Ave?  Looks like there is an open area near the top that could have been set up as a cafe.

That's a possibility.  It has to be in that area (west South Beach, north of 16th) because I found the red-roofed tower at 20th & Park Ave.

On 9/26/2016 at 5:45 PM, Susanna Girl said:

If I'm not mistaken...it looks like that rooftop is right in the middle of this aerial picture.  Not sure if it helps any.  :p

Miamimetroarea.jpg

The tallest building in the forefront of picture (also seen in the Miami Vice big screen movie 2006) is the new hotel built on The Sasson Hotel site  featured extensively in Miami Vice Season 5s "Hard Knocks". 

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2016 at 6:21 PM, miamijimf said:

Here's a unique location that should not be too hard.

vlcsnap-2016-09-22-16h24m50s796.png

vlcsnap-2016-09-22-16h25m12s124.png

vlcsnap-2016-09-22-16h25m43s866.png

This could be the Flamingo Condo building on 15th and Bay Road.  Maybe.....

Edited by Susanna Girl
I meant 15th....

10 hours ago, Susanna Girl said:

This could be the Flamingo Condo building on 15th and Bay Road.  Maybe.....

It seems they have to be north of 16th because of the Loews  at 16th and the red-roofed tower at 1643.

10 hours ago, airtommy said:

It seems they have to be north of 16th because of the Loews  at 16th and the red-roofed tower at 1643.

Yes..I wasn't sure about this one.  I was really trying to find the balcony railings like in the screenshot.  Thanks airtommy!

I won't give it away as it is a good one but I can't resist some clues.

1. Looking closely you may see Gina chasing Phelps into the alley.

2. The pictures are very misleading, at least for me as to what direction you are actually viewing.

3. Don't drop your luckys (okay maybe that makes it too easy).

17 hours ago, Susanna Girl said:

https://www.google.com/maps/@25.7934112,-80.1443765,3a,75y,333.79h,99.66t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sYZwXbiTKmgiMh_Uu7-rO6Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Okay, this is my next guess.  Top floor of the Sunset Harbour Yacht Club.  ;)

Nah...I think this is a little too far north.  Bummer.

This location was featured in the final Miami Vice episode     " Freefall " filmed in April 1989:D

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Still think my guess was correct: "the multi-story white building at 1658 to 1660 Lenox Ave?  Looks like there is an open area near the top that could have been set up as a cafe. "

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

Still think my guess was correct: "the multi-story white building at 1658 to 1660 Lenox Ave?  Looks like there is an open area near the top that could have been set up as a cafe. "

Nice work Jim:thumbsup:

36 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Thanks, do you agree that's the most likely spot?

Looks a very good possibility with the location of the background buildings! 

19 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Thanks, do you agree that's the most likely spot?

I think you're probably right too.  It def looks like it's on the same street (to me now after staring at the pictures lol) as the red tile roof building, just across the street possibly.  Good going!  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Susanna Girl said:

I think you're probably right too.  It def looks like it's on the same street (to me now after staring at the pictures lol) as the red tile roof building, just across the street possibly.  Good going!  

Yes and Charlie's clue No.3 indicates Lincoln Road Mall, where Sonny dropped his cigarettes and pulled his pistol on the poor guy returning them.  This place is close to where that happened on Lincoln Road.

23 hours ago, miamijimf said:

I think you're right.  On Google Maps it looks like it is a cafe in real life.