Ballers Miami locations

miamijimf

4 hours ago, Susanna Girl said:

Okay...I'm guessing here.  Is it Oxley practice field?  

No but good guess, Oxley field is at Florida Atlantic University.  My profile photo is a cartoon of Sebastian the Ibis, this University's mascot.

That's one of the University of Miami's logos, right? I haven't even read the actual question here :) 

Edited by Dadrian

It is the Hecht Athletic Center, the practice facility for the Miami Hurricanes football team.  It has appeared multiple times on the show, serving as team headquarters for the Miami Dolphins. The Fins' actual facility is out in Davie.

Hecht Athletic Center.JPG

It isn't easy to spot on satellite but remember this 2d season TV episode was filmed this year or late last year, so it's not surprising that it doesn't match the satellite shots.  The markings on practice fields are changed frequently.  On Google Maps it's the big building (white on top) at the back of the Hecht Athletic Center at 5821 San Amaro Dr. Coral Gables and faces the Greentree Practice field.   I remember the general area.  Go to item 9 at http://miami.curbed.com/maps/ballers-s2-hbo-miami-locations

Nothing there matches up.  The buildings look different from the picture, not to mention the trees and hedges.  I looked at Nova Southeast and the Dolphins practice facility, but nothing there.  Hecht might be right, but I'm skeptical.

Where is this location?  The screenshots are from a season 2 Ballers episode, Million Bucks in a Bag.  You will have to use Google Earth or another up to date satellite program.  It is very close to a key Miami Vice location.  

PDVD_000.jpg

PDVD_001.jpg

PDVD_003.jpg

On 10/21/2016 at 0:58 AM, miamijimf said:

Where is this location?  The screenshots are from a season 2 Ballers episode, Million Bucks in a Bag.  You will have to use Google Earth or another up to date satellite program.  It is very close to a key Miami Vice location.  

PDVD_000.jpg

PDVD_001.jpg

PDVD_003.jpg

This case has been posted for a while.  It can't be too difficult for the experienced sleuths.

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2016 at 10:42 AM, miamijimf said:

Still think my guess was correct: "the multi-story white building at 1658 to 1660 Lenox Ave?  Looks like there is an open area near the top that could have been set up as a cafe. "

I came across this rooftop restaurant called Juvia and it immediately brought me back to this question.  Do you think this could have been the place?  Here is a random pic...

Juvia-Rooftop-Restaurant-Miami-Beach_956

http://www.juviamiami.com/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Susanna Girl said:

I came across this rooftop restaurant called Juvia and it immediately brought me back to this question.  Do you think this could have been the place?  Here is a random pic...

Juvia-Rooftop-Restaurant-Miami-Beach_956

http://www.juviamiami.com/

Yup, looks right to me!  The flooring matches, the view is similar, the fence matches.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2016 at 7:41 PM, airtommy said:

Yup, looks right to me!  The flooring matches, the view is similar, the fence matches.

1111 Lincoln Road , Miami Beach :D

14 hours ago, Matt5 said:

That's cool Matt, didn't realize that.  Unfortunately Ballers is going to film their next season somewhere else besides Miami.

• 7 months later...

1111 Lincoln Road restaurant Juvia is actually in the SunTrust building from "Hit List" and "To Have and to Hold"

Interestingly it is recognized as having one of Miami's five best rooftop happy hours.  It's now on my bucket list.

Juvia's rooftop terrace.
Juvia's rooftop terrace.
Photo by Michael Stavaridis

2. Juvia. This Lincoln Road destination has been recognized by USA Today and the New York Times for offering some of the best views in Miami Beach. Gaze from the polished and chic terrace during "sunset hour" from 6 to 8 p.m. daily. High-end cocktails are discounted to $11 each, including the Juvia Mockingbird, made with Don Julio Blanco tequila, watermelon, ají amarillo, agave, basil, and lime; and Juvia punch, prepared with Kettle One vodka, passionfruit, pineapple, lime, grenadine, and wild cherry liqueur. For the ultimate experience, pair a glass of Heidsieck Monopole Brut ($18) with bar bites ($9 to $11) by Nobu alumnus chef Sunny Oh. 1111 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-763-8272; juviamiami.com.

• Like 1