"Poison"-by Rico Tubbs

Sea-light

Hi. I`ve just read a fan fiction, written "by" Sonny Crockett, named "Bullet"("A bullet for Crockett"), told by Sonny`s name here http://www.miamivicechronicles.com/ . It`s great! I wanted to make smth like it, but about Rico Tubbs and his  story with Legba ("The tale of a goat"). I named it "Poison" and also made a clip with "Flesh"

"Poison" ("Tale of a goat" by Rico Tubbs)

(...) "So, we`ll play this game " I said, being totally confident in my own words. "I can handle it". Sonny`s objections and warnings of Castillo could not stop me. Black magic! A funny thing, yeah. Will they bewitch me? Laughter took me apart and I went out, not to continue this conversation.

At the appointed time I sat into the car of Legba's people to get to the ceremony. Sonny attached a sensor to their car and followed us. I was completely calm. The ceremony began after the sunset. Everyone danced around the fire with torches. Including Marie. It looked like either the circus, or theatrical performance. I watched with some interest, waiting for the right moment. It was important not to lose a sight of Marie. And then the unexpected happened.

Somehow my cover was blown up-they knew who I was.

Legba's people grabbed me, dragged to Legba and threw me on my knees in front of him. Marie was already sitting at his feet-she clearly was not all right. He did something with her. Sonny. Come on, man. Damn, you were right. That`s more serious than I thought. "You don't believe the loas live within you. They do! You just forgot them"-said Legba. I was waiting. Sonny. It`s time. Legba took a syringe with some liquid. Tetrodotoxin. No, don`t do this. No. He slowly approached me. "This doze can kill you"-he said and brought his hand with the syringe over mine. Fear like an electric shock went through me. "Don`t be stupid! You gotta stop!"-I shouted. And at the same moment my muscle was pierced by the needle. I could not escape-Legba's people held me strongly. "I too was with a police in Haiti. When I pay the bribes in American money, I'll be a policeman again. Not you!"-said Legba. "Your nerves will be too fragile. Your courage will shiver like glass. Even if you survive, you will serve only one law-the law of the walking dead."

The first cramps began to settle my body. It hurt me a lot but I couldn't move, I didn`t feel my arms and legs. The pain was becoming unbearable. Fear. I was covered by the uncontrollable fear-I knew that for some reason no one can help me now. I was completely helpless with this crazy man. Then a terrible thing happened. He turned to Marie who was sitting still. "Mon petite. You don't wish to go back to Haiti with me. You've become one of them. Stay. Stay here for eternaty. Stay here. Stay here." He wrapped the girl`s neck with the rope. Then tightened the noose and pulled... I tried my best to stay consciousness. "It hurts, it hurts"-I wanted to scream but I had no voice. Dizzy, extreme pain in all muscles drove me crazy. My eyes were closing, I forced to unclench my eyelids. I couldn't feel my arms and legs. Breathing was becoming harder by the minute. The poison paralyzed me. Because of the oxygen lack I had darkness in my eyes, but I coudn`t take a deep breath. "You see a vision. You can`t touch it t. Do you like it? You have got no hands, legs, you have got no will. Your world is made of glass. No more real than the the mirror imadge." I was out of breath. Lights swirled in my eyes .. everything doubled.. this bastard killed Marie , and I was not able to help in any way. This realization was killing me. I was twisted by convulsions, I was shaking. The last thing I remember-crazy Legba's eyes, looking somewhere inside me. The end. This is the end-I thought.

How strange. I`ve heard about such things for so many times, but never beliaved in them. I stand and see myself laying on the ground in a dust. Sonny is kneeling by, trying to shake me back to consciousness. But I can`t. Sonny.. If only I could say now-you were my brother for these two years.. If only I could say thank you and goodbye.. Sonny pulls my body into his arms and hugs me, asking to hold on. It seems that I can`t leave..

I opened my eyes and saw HIM again. He walked around my bed. Where am I? Am I dead? Someone did an injection into my arm. Who? Why? I was scared. I was alone with this crazy sick man and his people. Marie was here, too. So, it meant that I'm dead. Marie looked into my eyes and repeated the name of the Haitian freighter-Blackbird. Legba's man hit me. And then HE took the syringe again and reached it for my arm. "Nooo!"-I screamed and suddenly sprang and seized him. "Rico!.."-the voice came to my mind. Sonny! Oh God... he was here with me, he pried my hands and hugged me strongly. At that moment I broke down, started to cry and hugged him too. The horror subsided so suddenly . So it was all just a nonsense. Sonny was here, Sonny, not Legba. He cradled me and said something soothing. They found me in the morning at the bottom of empty pool in a coma and I was taken to the hospital. So I`ve got a 12 hours break in my biography . When I recovered I told Sonny and Castillo about what had happened at the ceremony.

The next day we watched Legba on the freighter. His people were not long in coming. Shooting began. I realized that something is wrong with me, when raised my gun and all floated in my eyes. Sonny noticed it and grabbed me , sat me down near the wall and covered by himself. Oh, Sonny.. My friend! We continued the pursuit. And then I saw Legba. He wasn't even holding a gun on me. He just stared into my eyes, and my hands dropped weapon. "Spread your barriers. Go into me! Legba! Papa Legba!"- he shouted. It was hypnotic. I couldn't move. And then he suddenly took out his gun but I was faster. As soon as he broke contact with me, I was able to move. And I shot. Legba dropped overboard. I felt the cold sweat and had to grab the metal. Finally it's all over. Sonny looked at me and smiled. He helped me again. We found Marie at the bottom of the boat. She was alive, but under a dose of the same drug. Now I`ll not be so lightly to the fact which defies logic. I nearly died and I could stay with the hurt mind forever. Another page in our practice of our drug-fighting practice was closed.

Edited by Sea-light
  • Like 1