OCB/Gold Coast Building Site Then & Now

TheGreatMcCarthy

Great pic!

Sadly progress moves on....................................

They must have built that wall to your left in the pic after the series was over? I just watched season one recently and remember the Daytona crossing a small bridge before turning into the driveway of headquarters. There must be a canal or creek across the street?

I remember 3 years ago while on business in Miami, accidently stumbling onto the "Chalk's" Airport. It was closed up and for sale, and I could not believe the amount of hi-rise construction taking over the entire area!

I'm glad at least someone is still looking out for the old Artdeco blgs of Southbeach. Lets hope they don't get bulldozed!

Edited by Stinger390X
  • Like 2

The 'now' pic would be facing along the right hand side of the OCB building if it were still standing (almost a behind viewpoint). The barrier going uphill on the right is the one that Dadrian is standing next to.

• Like 1

On 22/09/2016 at 3:09 AM, Dadrian said:

I've posted this before, but here it is again. This is me there in 2003 just before it was destroyed. ;(

IM000158.JPG

Great pic ! The great building was demolished in 2004 I believe :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Yeah, I didn't mean "moments before". :):):) 

Ha ha! I know 

Good job it wasn't demolished moments before the picture as we may not have had those great covers of JHs work !:):D

• 3 years later...

Having grown up in South Florida on the Treasure Coast most of my life. I sure do miss Miami and all of South Beach in the 80’s and even into the 90’s. It was a such a great time to live in that area. Now when watching Miami Vice reruns (on a daily bases) reminds me of growing up there, and how great it was to live there during that time period. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MDI8309 said:

Having grown up in South Florida on the Treasure Coast most of my life. I sure do miss Miami and all of South Beach in the 80’s and even into the 90’s. It was a such a great time to live in that area. Now when watching Miami Vice reruns (on a daily bases) reminds me of growing up there, and how great it was to live there during that time period. 

Welcome to the site!!