My favorite Miami Vice scene

Lightnintubbs

This is probably my all time favorite Miami Vice scene. I think it's underrated in the series. I was on vacation with my family when I seen the first episode, and I thought this scene was so important to the episode. The music while Crockett and Tubbs is walking across the dance floor fits in perfect, and when Tubbs talks to Calderone is epic. I just thought the whole thing was sooo cool when I first seen it and still do. If you look closely when Tubbs is walking across the room, you can see the sparkle of his earring when the light hits it. For some reason that caught my eye.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lightnintubbs said:

This is probably my all time favorite Miami Vice scene. I think it's underrated in the series. I was on vacation with my family when I seen the first episode, and I thought this scene was so important to the episode. The music while Crockett and Tubbs is walking across the dance floor fits in perfect, and when Tubbs talks to Calderone is epic. I just thought the whole thing was sooo cool when I first seen it and still do. If you look closely when Tubbs is walking across the room, you can see the sparkle of his earring when the light hits it. For some reason that caught my eye.

Yes a great scene - the pilot episode set the show up so well 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes i love that scene. My favourite is the whole party scene at mccarthys house in the great mccarthy. In particular the pool game. Great music great dialogue.

Great post, Lightnintubbs! Everything about that scene set the standard for what was to come with this groundbreaking series. The mixture of image and sound seen there conjures a quite unforgettable emotion. I'm guessing that scene (and the "In the Air Tonight" scene) really helped seal the deal while as the pilot was being pitched. 

Welcome the forum!

Edited by Dadrian

My favourite scene is when Larry gets killed and Switec finds him and grabs him gently by the back of the neck and pulls him close to give him a hug goodbye........................................Tito pass me a tissue!    Brings a tear to my eye everytime!

The other one I like is when Evan is killed and Sonny is clutching him. Very dramatic!

Same thing with Milk Run at the end when the kid gets shot by the gangster at the airport and Sonny is holding his dead body. You can see the pain on his face.

The ultimate scene is when Crocket shoots Hackman and you can see in Sonny's eyes the depth of his acting ability. His eyes are sorrowful and yet angry with revenge. Awesome scene.............................

• Like 1

• Administrators

That whole club scene is pretty cool. I always loved the club scenes in the show. The Pilot, One Eyed Jack, and Bought and Paid For, all great scenes.

They kind of stopped going to clubs in seasons 4 and 5... That might have had something to do with why the series went in decline. The Miami Vice signature just wasn't really there anymore.

By the way, is that from a VHS release, or an original broadcast? The picture is so soft and colourful.

7 hours ago, James said:

That whole club scene is pretty cool. I always loved the club scenes in the show. The Pilot, One Eyed Jack, and Bought and Paid For, all great scenes.

They kind of stopped going to clubs in seasons 4 and 5... That might have had something to do with why the series went in decline. The Miami Vice signature just wasn't really there anymore.

By the way, is that from a VHS release, or an original broadcast? The picture is so soft and colourful.

I think they seemed a little too old for club scenes by Season 4-5 . Look at C&T in "Leap of Faith" they looked old! :D

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Matt5 said:

I think they seemed a little too old for club scenes by Season 4-5 . Look at C&T in "Leap of Faith" they looked old! :D

My Dad is in his 50s and he still goes to clubs with his friends every once in a while... A lot of middle aged people actually still do go lol.

I agree with James. The club scenes were great and weren't all the extras dressed impeccably? Everyone was having a good time!

Matt I think your wrong about the age thing. I know in Niagara where |I live there are a few places that older folks go to have fun. I visit them from time to time and there are fabulous ladies there.

One is knicknamed the "Wrinkle Ranch" which is derogatory and made up by youth of the area. They avoid it as they think it's not hip, but it is very popular with the divorced crowd. Place is packed every weekend!

Sonny and Rico would be in their late 30's or so during that time and when I used to party years ago in the hot spots of Niagara both Canadian and U.S. side, the hotspots were all filled with 20-30 yr olds. Some of these clubs could hold from 200-900 people depending where you went. The Universities in Toronto and Buffalo used to bus in tours of students on the weekends and fill the dance halls and bars and the older ones would mingle. (I was one of them back then)

I think Sonny and Rico would fit in perfectly with that crowd.