Few questions about the forum

ViceofEstonia

So as I mentioned in a post yesterday I have my sights set on writing my BA thesis paper on Miami Vice and its influence on the 80s and now. This is ofc the title of the paper currently and  it may change over the course of it developing it. I hope to keep my direction of the investigation the same tou.

In the influence on the now part i would definetly like to mention this forum as it is a very big indication of  Vices never ending influence on the world. Could someone please give me a more detailed overview of the history if this wonderful place ? How it came to be and when, how many active members are here or overall how many members there are ? My thesis will be written in english as i am a student of English Language and Culture department.

As far as I know no university research paper has been written on this topic, at least not in Europe as I checked from a database of thesis papers. If anyone has done something like that  then do please inform me so I can avoid plagarism related issues. You can also send me a PM if needed.

Probably, Ferrariman would be the most knowledgeable about the history of the site & the number of members - active & not. I don't know if miamivice.org should be included as a comparison. ???

Any of the other Administrators may be able to add information.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tony D. said:

Probably, Ferrariman would be the most knowledgeable about the history of the site & the number of members - active & not. I don't know if miamivice.org should be included as a comparison. ???

Any of the other Administrators may be able to add information.

Okey. I think ill include miamivice.org since as I understand this was the beginning of it all as we have it here today. Thanks Tony :thumbsup:

There are a lot of members from .org who contributed a wealth of info. and fun things to the site but they have left. I guess you've seen the battles that were going on, ViceofEstonia?

An Administrator should be the one to give you the O.K.

6 hours ago, Tony D. said:

There are a lot of members from .org who contributed a wealth of info. and fun things to the site but they have left. I guess you've seen the battles that were going on, ViceofEstonia?

An Administrator should be the one to give you the O.K.

This was before i joined our squad here, so i have not seen any battles you are refering too. Okey ill wait for premission of an administor then.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Sorry I missed this topic.  There have been countless members who have contributed to this site. Some are still here and some are long gone. It's been so long I have to do a little research into our past myself. Let me check a few facts and I will e-mail you the info.

Just to let everyone know, we have recently acquired the domain miamivice.org   So anyone who happens to type it in will be directed here!

Pretty cool eh? :cool:

• Like 3

• Administrators

I think the best way to give you a history of our site is to browse this topic. There is a post by me on page 1 that explains a lot about my involvement with the site. Please read it and then if you have any other questions I'm sure I can answer them for you.

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/7990-org-memories/&page=1

9 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

I think the best way to give you a history of our site is to browse this topic. There is a post by me on page 1 that explains a lot about my involvement with the site. Please read it and then if you have any other questions I'm sure I can answer them for you.

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/7990-org-memories/&page=1

Thank you very much, ill read this trough and contact you if I have any more questions.

1 hour ago, ViceofEstonia said:

Thank you very much, ill read this trough and contact you if I have any more questions.

Certainly enough there to go around, but I wouldn't call it a trough :) 

12 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Certainly enough there to go around, but I wouldn't call it a trough :) 

I just googled this, sorry about that typo. Meant to say through. At least now I know what trough is :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ViceofEstonia said:

I just googled this, sorry about that typo. Meant to say through. At least now I know what trough is :D

:):):) 

I think I'm one bad joke from getting voted off the island here!

• Like 1