Artist Mark Kostabi...The Lost Madonna

CharlieGlide

Over the last year I've taken on a bit more appreciation for the episode "The Lost Madonna." It's a little odd here and there and the fight scene at the end is terribly staged. But there's some good highlights that definitely give me flashbacks to my life in the late-'80s when I was going out so often with my friends and we'd spend what little money we had on drink and fashionable clothes from places like Benetton and a local SoCal mini-chain called Theodore.

I remember the artist Mark Kostabi pretty well too. He was a small bit controversial for the way 'he' did his art and the art itself really captured the era in my opinion.

I'm walking in the local mall last night to the Apple store and I pass by a Martin Lawrence store. I looked at the prominently displayed works in the window and thought, "That looks like Mark Kostabi." Upon closer inspection, sure enough, it was.

I took a couple pics and thought, man, this looks like it could be a scene right out of The Lost Madonna.

IMG_3040.JPG

• Like 2