Vicefan7777 out of hospital

Vicefan7777

Hello brothers and sisters of this community.  I have not been online in several weeks and let me explain why.   I suffered a horrible accident on Sept 27. After falling off a roof I blacked out. I awoke to two paramedics attending to me. Most of that day I was in and out of consciousness. After being transported to my local hospital my injuries were found to be so severe that I was air lifted to the trauma center at Sunrise hospital in Las Vegas. Fractured 4 ribs, one which punctured a lung. Two shattered vertebrae, two more fractured, and a bad head wound. Spinal surgeon told me I was lucky as I do no need surgery. However I am in a tortoise shell brace for the next 3 months. Thanks to the hospital staff they did not let me feel sorry for myself and had me up and attempting to walk by the forth day. Dizziness, vomiting, and pain made that first attempt awful. But I refused to give up. By the time I left the hospital I could keep my food down, and was walking with a walker. Yes, the love from family and friends kept me going. So I am home now in recovery.  I still am in a lot of pain and cannot sit for long periods, but I am alive.

• Like 1

I'm very sorry to hear about your accident, Vicefan7777 ;( .....but I am so glad that you were able to get medical attention quickly and are now on the road to recovery. :thumbsup:  I wondered why you were not on here for a while... ?(

My prayers are with you for an easing of your pain and a very speedy return to normal.

Edited by Tony D.
  • Like 1

What a scary accident!  Agree you are fortunate to be alive and not paralyzed.  Please know you are in my prayers for a speedy recovery and the least amount of pain possible. 

• Like 1

Glad you are still with us! Would you like a box of turtles? ;) 

Godspeed your 100% recovery!

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Wow you got off lucky, it could've been much worse! We are all wishing your a full, speedy, and smooth recovery. 

• Like 1

Thank you all for your support.  Each day is a new experience in trying to do the simple things I use to take for granted.  I know it will be a slow process to recovery.  Your prayers are very much appreciated.  

• Like 2

Wow!  I can't imagine how much pain you're in, but gosh, you were lucky!  I know that probably isn't very comforting at the moment.  I guess to look on the bright side..you now have time to watch a lot of MV right?  :thumbsup:  

Take care and hopefully your recovery is a quick one.  :balloon:

• Like 1

That must have been some fall and onto apparently a very hard surface to have cracked so many vertebrae and ribs. Sounds like you were very fortunate, albeit with those broken vertebrae you may have some work ahead. I've had my share of cracked ribs and the only thing that helped was a tightly wrapped Ace bandage to prevent pain when coughing, sneezing or even laying down.

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery and hopefully with some very good pain management meds.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1