Elvis buddies (renamed)

jpaul1

just came across this. golf employees affirm this is real. what are your thoughts

during the first seconds, i thought it was fake, but then at the end, i thought it could be plausible

Edited by jpaul1

When I lived on a small pond, a 'gator was in our yard. My wife went out the back & as she slammed the screen door, it jumped back into the water. It was about 5ft. long.

We are in a golf community now & there is a pond on the greens across the road from us. Last year, an alligator was walking down the road. It was removed by a company that does that job.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, summer84 said:

Oh my! How Elvis has grown. Imagine that on Crockett's boat. :D

Imagine the daily clean up on Crockett's boat!     :o

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
On 10/12/2016 at 12:51 AM, jpaul1 said:

just came across this. golf employees affirm this is real. what are your thoughts

during the first seconds, i thought it was fake, but then at the end, i thought it could be plausible

Put your hand on its mouth. If it bites you, its real 0:)

1 hour ago, pahonu said:

yeah, i'm unsure but i think the fishing croc was a crocodile. probably Australia according to the dudes accent

crocodiles can get large, but so do alligators. biggest alligator ever recorded (officially) was 5 m. so he wasn't that far from the croc you posted

i used to watch swamp people years ago, and there were really big crocs in that series in Louisiana

main differences between crocs, and alligators remain in the form of the head

and there are also crocodiles in Florida

and btw the croc of the first post is not an hoax, and it's been reported to measure at least 4.5 m, which is really big for that species

7 hours ago, jpaul1 said:

yeah, i'm unsure but i think the fishing croc was a crocodile. probably Australia according to the dudes accent

crocodiles can get large, but so do alligators. biggest alligator ever recorded (officially) was 5 m. so he wasn't that far from the croc you posted

i used to watch swamp people years ago, and there were really big crocs in that series in Louisiana

main differences between crocs, and alligators remain in the form of the head

and there are also crocodiles in Florida

and btw the croc of the first post is not an hoax, and it's been reported to measure at least 4.5 m, which is really big for that species

I think the American crocodile is native only in south Florida in the US.  The rest of the Gulf Coast states like Louisiana have alligators.  I’ve seen alligators up close in the Louisiana Bayou.  I’d seen that footage of the crocodile  before and knew it wasn’t  a hoax.

I also found this:

The record size for a saltwater crocodile from Papua New Guinea to be considered authentic by Guinness was a 6.32 m (20 ft 9 in) specimen shot by Herb Schweighofer in May 1966 along the northeastern coast. This specimen had a belly girth of 2.74 m (9 ft 0 in).  :eek:

biggest alligator ever recorded was around 5 m

biggest saltwater croc ever recorded was 10 m (south India)

biggest black caïman ever recorded was 7.7 m (Amazonas)

it seems that for gators above 4.5 is considered as exceptional. while for black caïmans, and saltwater crocodiles is considered as exceptional a length above 6 m. the 10 m being an extremelly rare case. the Indian croc has been spotted alive, so maybe it's still alive..

and yes saltwater crocs are found only in south Florida in North america. as we often do on that site, i use the word croc to say gator

Edited by jpaul1

• Administrators

Ha, I wouldn’t miss a chance to see Bridget Fonda back then. Smoking hot and still not bad today for 50. She could eat cookies in my bed anytime. :)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, timm525 said:

Ha, I wouldn’t miss a chance to see Bridget Fonda back then. Smoking hot and still not bad today for 50. She could eat cookies in my bed anytime. :)

I remember first seeing her in Singles when I was in college 92/93.  Saw her in several things around that time then not a whole lot else. Married to Danny Elfman.  My wife is a big Boingo fan.  I think she stopped working like 20 years ago to start a family.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i warn you it's a little bit graphic. so if you have your kid on your knees, maybe you should take him/her away for a minute. but i post, because i think it's important to remind what crocs are. and if you get tempted someday to pet them, one should keep this in mind

https://imgur.com/gallery/0jZr5CT

Edited by jpaul1

• 1 month later...