Crockett's carry condition on handguns

Lifeguard

hmm maybe it was their first real shooting scene and don was untrained with it and trying to figure out what worked best for it. as I had the same thing happen with a remington shotgun, after about 20 or 30 shells my grip and reload was drastically different from the way I started.

and maybe he figured it'd be more comfortable in one hand than the other? hence the switch and why this didnt happen elsewhere in the series. as I think the most he used the sig in the pilot was he pulled it out and held it on someone, and then had it in his left hand for the end shootout.

Edited by Kavinsky

On 11/9/2016 at 7:13 PM, Lifeguard said:

Yes, I clearly see his left index finger on the trigger during the shoots behind the container.  All four fingers of his right hand are visible wrapped around his left fingers.  When Arty ventilates the limo, he's back with it in his right hand with right finger on the trigger.

I reviewed a few CQB room clearing videos watching for techniques.  And I did see two that referenced slicing the pie around a corner that is opposite of your trigger finger.  And then mentioned that switching trigger finger is an advanced technique used in those cases.  So for right handed Crockett shooting around a corner to his right like on the shipping container, he switches fingers so that he doesn't have to expose much of his left side to get a shot.  You may have to switch shooting eyes for this technique too.  I don't as a I'm right handed and left eyed, so I'm already used to closing my left to shoot around a corner to my left with my right hand.  Fortunately in my house, almost everything is a left corner so it's pretty easy to practice on.  

It's really amazing to learn just how much they got right on the show.  The main characters really have good combat technique, at least for the first 3 seasons.