Problems With the Blu-Ray Release!

Ferrariman

On 11/1/2016 at 11:04 AM, Ferrariman said:

Before you rush out to buy your blu-ray set, I suggest you read this.   I personally have chosen to wait until the problem is sorted out.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Miami-Vice-The-Complete-Series/22775

Thankyou Lou - where is the topic Miami Vice on blu ray ? That was quite informative and carried reviews some good some not so - but always showing respect for our show ! :D:D

Amazon has the set on their site for $35.56.  I sent an email to the address in the link to get the "fixed" discs - hopefully, it works!

1 hour ago, CameraDaytona said:

Amazon has the set on their site for $35.56.  I sent an email to the address in the link to get the "fixed" discs - hopefully, it works!

wow cameradaytona ! the set is getting cheaper and cheaper !

:shout::D:D:thumbsup::done:

Edited by Matt5

1 hour ago, CameraDaytona said:

Hm I just checked and I see it for $49.96 New as the cheapest on Amazon, unless you want it used. The DVDs are selling for less.

Uk Release from FF - first of the European releases of the Blu Ray Set- priced at around $200 dollars presently. Other blu ray releases of the set are set to be announced in Italy , France and Germany.

:shout::D:done::D:)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Miami-Vice-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B01MFC5GBK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1478215381&sr=8-2&keywords=miami+vice+blu+ray

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

James, is there a chat feature at Invision Power where the deleted thread recovery question could be posed?

I searched and searched throughout the Invision Power website, in IP Board 3 it would put it in a "deleted topics" section of the moderator control panel, but on IP Board 4 it just deletes it. :(

Sorry, but the thread is gone... And I still have no idea who deleted it, or if the forums glitched out. Maybe I'll have a look through the database, see if I can find it there.

Edit: Gone.

8 hours ago, James said:

source.gif

:):):):):) 

Yes!! Greatest GIF ever. Well, maybe 2nd to the dancing Kate Upton GIF, but REALLY great!! :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, agent 47 said:

Since the other thread got sucked up by aliens listening to James Brown here's the Blu-ray.com review for the set complete with a ton of screenshots.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Miami-Vice-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/159114/#Review

Thanks for this interesting review, agent 47.  Much appreciated! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Noggie said:

Anyone watched "Smuggler's Blues" on these Blu Rays that are supposed to exist?  That episode looked pretty rough on the DVDs. 

I have. The Blu-ray version is far better picture-wise than the DVD as it looks like a lot more of the restoration efforts by Universal were concentrated there. The DVD version did look pretty rough like it had been run over by Switek's bug van before arriving at the Studio but thankfully the Blu-ray did address that and is probably the best upgrade in the whole set.

• Like 2

Great, I see the images are back! The images disappearing must have occurred, when the error message briefly showed up on the site yesterday.

Edited by summer84

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Dadrian said:

:):):):):) 

Yes!! Greatest GIF ever. Well, maybe 2nd to the dancing Kate Upton GIF, but REALLY great!! :) 

Kate Upton? Nah, I prefer this Kelly Bundy/Christina Applegate GIF... 

kelly%20bundy_zps77sadwf3.gif

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, summer84 said:

Great, I see the images are back! The images disappearing must have occurred, when the error message briefly showed up on the site yesterday.

Cooper&Burnett's images are hosted on his Photobucket account, not our website. So if those were the images which weren't loading then it was a problem with their website.

1 hour ago, James said:

Cooper&Burnett's images are hosted on his Photobucket account, not our website. So if those were the images which weren't loading then it was a problem with their website.

It wasn't just the images in Cooper and Burnett's scrapbook section, but in several other threads and sections too yesterday. But I see it was just a temporarily error, fortunately. :)

• Administrators

Sorry team I don't see where it was deleted. This version of the board does not save deleted threads. Not sure what happened? 

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 10:46 PM, bodie said:

The address for the missing thread was as follows - http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/12779-miami-vice-the-complete-series-blu-ray-october-11th-2016/&page=14

You can also see shared links to it on the Facebook page that are also now directing to pages that are no longer there.

I really hope there is some way to get the thread back up as 14 pages of discussion and information is pretty significant on this forum.

Tim, in case you didn't see the FB link, this is the missing/deleted thread title.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 8:19 PM, James said:

I searched and searched throughout the Invision Power website, in IP Board 3 it would put it in a "deleted topics" section of the moderator control panel, but on IP Board 4 it just deletes it. :(

Sorry, but the thread is gone... And I still have no idea who deleted it, or if the forums glitched out. Maybe I'll have a look through the database, see if I can find it there.

Edit: Gone.

Thanks for checking James. Is it worth asking any of the other Forum admins (in the IP Forums section) who use IP 4?

1 hour ago, timm525 said:

Sorry team I don't see where it was deleted. This version of the board does not save deleted threads. Not sure what happened? 

Sounds so strange to me that there would be no record of deleted threads, much less no way to restore.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

well i can't believe this.... so fitting with the thread's name. i finished season 2 of the bluray, open up season 3 case and i'm greeted with this 

Huge epic fail on Mill Creek's part, jesus..... 

Edit: Checked the other 2 seasons and they are fine, only this season is broken. 

689346-min.jpg

Edited by Jay1984
  • Like 1

I assume you've checked it's not a labelling mistake and that the right content is not actually on it? Just thinking positively for you, worth a shot if you've not checked it :)

1 hour ago, bodie said:

I assume you've checked it's not a labelling mistake and that the right content is not actually on it? Just thinking positively for you, worth a shot if you've not checked it :)

I didn't check when i posted the pic, i checked now and both discs are identical....... i even started the intro scenes of el viejo, streetwise and down for the count part 1 on both. Same exact disc data............ Incredible... :wuerg:

After this i checked Season 4 and 5, all fine. Just season 3 has this issue.... 

Edited by Jay1984

• Administrators

Oh dear... What are you doing, Mill Creek? :) 

You should probably contact them. 

I wonder if somebody somewhere has two disc 1's. lol

• Like 3