Problems With the Blu-Ray Release!

Ferrariman

Wait..So the Pal version will ONLY have the messed up 5.1 mix?

oh-for-fucks-sake-gif-1.gif

Dude when these bluray's were announced I was running around my house in excitement….and they killed it. Why Universal? Why?;(

• Like 2

I think Universal's quality testing team can be summed up nicely.

1fb2c2.jpg

Edited by agent 47
Forgot how to work attachments.
  • Like 3

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Wait..So the Pal version will ONLY have the messed up 5.1 mix?

oh-for-fucks-sake-gif-1.gif

Dude when these bluray's were announced I was running around my house in excitement….and they killed it. Why Universal? Why?;(

I know... They screwed us. I'll just pirate it, FFS. It isn't worth the money, that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, ivoryjones said:

Apparently, there's a new issue on Mill Creek set: "Mirror Image" has a completely mute Stereo 2.0 audio track. Link here 

More issues ?! - so disappointed with this release :checkbox::thumbsdown:

I still have my Region 1 boxset sitting on my disc shelf unused, so I guess it's time to get a region free player somewhere.(Which probably could've gotten cheap on Black Friday):)…Oh well, too late.

If we have to choose between an okay copy and an unwatchable one then…this ain't very good.

Universal are A-holes.:thumbsdown:

Edited by Vincent Hanna

Just now, Vincent Hanna said:

I still have my Region 1 boxset sitting on my disc shelf unused, so I guess it's time to get a region free player somewhere.(Which probably could've gotten cheap on Black Friday):)…Oh well, too late.

If we have to choose between an okay copy and an unwatchable one then…this ain't very good.

I agree - a shame !

The Fabulous Films set hasn't even been released yet and already there are problems! Very disappointing. :(

I'll wait for the reviews after the release on 12th of December...

I checked on Amazon and it's going for £160($200).:wuerg: Surely you can't just knowingly sell broken products like this and act like nothing's wrong with it. This is highway robbery, and swindling Miami Vice fans of all people.

I've seen HD copies of shows like "Murder she wrote" and the sound is immaculate.:D So how is THAT possible but experts at Universal can't even get a decent sound mix together on a show that is predominantly centred around music.

*Big giant facepalm*

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, summer84 said:

The Fabulous Films set hasn't even been released yet and already there are problems! Very disappointing. :(

I'll wait for the reviews after the release on 12th of December...

Yes Im afraid there appears to be - very disappointing

16 minutes ago, Vincent Hanna said:

I checked on Amazon and it's going for £160($200).:wuerg: Surely you can't just knowingly sell broken products like this and act like nothing's wrong with it. This is highway robbery, and swindling Miami Vice fans of all people.

I've seen HD copies of shows like "Murder she wrote" and the sound is immaculate.:D So how is THAT possible but experts at Universal can't even get a decent sound mix together on a show that is predominantly centred around music.

*Big giant facepalm*

I agree! It doesn't make any sense...

o59kz7.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

*Big giant facepalm*

Mr+Bean+funny+face+(4).jpg

• Like 1

Well theoretically there is one thing we can do. We can rip "Mirror Image" episode from the blue rays and the we can rip stereo audio track from previous DVD release , and then we can use that stereo track from early DVDs and attach it to the blue rays riped episode. And then burn that retouched and healed  new version to your own Disk:) what do you think:)?   i had a defected boxset ,id rip defected episodes from blue rays and replace their audio tracks with the good tracks from earlier DVDs:) And then burn a new CD:)

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, S0NNY said:

Well theoretically there is one thing we can do. We can rip "Mirror Image" episode from the blue rays and the we can rip stereo audio track from previous DVD release , and then we can use that stereo track from early DVDs and attach it to the blue rays riped episode. And then burn that retouched and healed  new version to your own Disk:) what do you think:)?   i had a defected boxset ,id rip defected episodes from blue rays and replace their audio tracks with the good tracks from earlier DVDs:) And then burn a new CD:)

Yeah, that'll be a lot of work though. Screw burning it to a new disc, just keep it on an external harddrive, all TV's these days have a USB port and lets you play your own media off it.

James, it is actually not that hard to do, i did stuff like that before. You just download virtualDub and that's it. Then via virtualDub you open DVD episode you want, and press "save audio track". Then you rip Blue ray episode, and attach the ripped audio track and get rid of the corrupt one.    But yeah, it is frustrating that you pay money and get corrupt files. I think they should replace corrupt disks. That is what happened with Back to the future trilogy boxset . "Back to the future part one  " had a bad aspect ratio, and pople that bought it complained online, so they agreed to replace the "part one" for everyone for free, all you had to do is send the bad disk back.  If fans make multiple complains online, universal should do the same as they did with back to the future, replace corrupt disks with new ones for free

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, S0NNY said:

James, it is actually not that hard to do, i did stuff like that before. You just download virtualDub and that's it. Then via virtualDub you open DVD episode you want, and press "save audio track". Then you rip Blue ray episode, and attach the ripped audio track and get rid of the corrupt one.    But yeah, it is frustrating that you pay money and get corrupt files. I think they should replace corrupt disks. That is what happened with Back to the future trilogy boxset . "Back to the future part one  " had a bad aspect ratio, and pople that bought it complained online, so they agreed to replace the "part one" for everyone for free, all you had to do is send the bad disk back.  If fans make multiple complains online, universal should do the same as they did with back to the future, replace corrupt disks with new ones for free

I didn't say it was hard, I just said it would be a lot of work/time consuming. I know the process, I use Sony Movie Studio regularly for my YouTube channels. Plus I've played around editing some episodes to give them the original colours.

9 hours ago, S0NNY said:

IF anyone is interested, i was looking if there were any unboxing videos, and i foound a couple, here im sharing a couple videos:  

:D Great stuff ! Thankyou so much for posting !

Edited by Matt5

On 12/4/2016 at 0:40 PM, ivoryjones said:

Apparently, there's a new issue on Mill Creek set: "Mirror Image" has a completely mute Stereo 2.0 audio track. Link here 

Im dissappointed to read this Ivory !:thumbsdown:

if that is the case, i will replace the mute stereo track with the working stereo track from the DVDs.  But first, i urge everyone to inform the ones who released blue rays. They will have to either give back some money or replace the disk for free. Such thing happened with Back To the future trilogy disk-set. Part 1  was corrupt. Fans complained online, and they agreed to send fans Part 1 disk for free

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, S0NNY said:

if that is the case, i will replace the mute stereo track with the working stereo track from the DVDs.  But first, i urge everyone to inform the ones who released blue rays. They will have to either give back some money or replace the disk for free. Such thing happened with Back To the future trilogy disk-set. Part 1  was corrupt. Fans complained online, and they agreed to send fans Part 1 disk for free

Way ahead of you, I already contacted Fabulous Films a few months ago to warn them about the audio after what happened with Mill Creek's releases. They didn't reply to me or anything, but I'm hoping they saw it and took it into consideration to fix the issues.

Surely after what happened with Mill Creek, they would've heard about it and wouldn't want to damage their own reputation. 

• Like 1

There bust be an avalanche of complaints sent in, only then they will have nowhere to hide. They must know it's a massive situation, not just one unlucky guy with an unlucky corrupt pressing of the disk.  

• Administrators
1 hour ago, S0NNY said:

There bust be an avalanche of complaints sent in, only then they will have nowhere to hide. They must know it's a massive situation, not just one unlucky guy with an unlucky corrupt pressing of the disk.  

Yeah, the problem is with the actual source file. The fact that Fabulous Films are releasing with just the 5.1 track, it will ultimately end up being a problem for every single person who purchases it.

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, S0NNY said:

so, ther is gonna be more than one release?  i thought only Mill Creek release is the only one. is there any other boxset? can you give me links?    

Mill Creek licensed it for region 1 (North America, NTSC regions), while Fabulous Films have the rights for region 2 (PAL) which is the UK, most of Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Arabia, and Africa.

Fabulous Films' releases on the 12th. http://www.fabulousfilms.com/products/388